Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Just a simple suggestion aimed at improving the game play for all players.

So basically, when a moderator+ is in game and they spot a hacker, they have the ability to immediately ban that hacker.
The problem is, there is many false bans occurring. I play with quite a few different people and have a discord set up with a lot of people from cube.
Quite a few of them have been banned in game without any evidence provided by the staff member.
Now I guess, 9/10 people that are banned this way are banned correctly, which is great, it allows the current game in progress to be played fairly and not ruined by a hacker.
But what about the people that are not hacking? The staff member has taken little time to actually consider if the player is hacking and bans him.
It happens.
I've seen it happen, even have a clip of a staff member watching someone pvp for about 4 seconds, and then leaving and banning the player.
I get that mistakes are made. And so that's why I suggest that staff make a quick recording of the offending player to provide some evidence against them.
The first thing I do, while mc is loading, is open my recording software. I actually record all my games, but that's unnecessary for anyone to do. So basically have it ready to use if required.
It will use very little resources while it is running in the background.
It will limit the amount of false bans being occurred.
Given there's 100k+ players online most days there's probably a few occasions where innocent players are falsely banned.
It won't make much difference to the banning of the player, it just means that there is evidence there if required for the player claiming a false ban.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I only know that Camezonda records the players he bans but I don't know about any other moderator. I would wish that every moderator would record the people they ban especially if its something not obvious like kill aura. I completely trust a moderator to know if someone is flying/anti knockback though.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Not only that.
I also think some people got falsely banned by Sentinel.
Not everyone can make perfect appeals with proof that they really weren't hacking.
But they could be in a weird situation with their Ping and Fighting style. Sadly they just appeal with I wasn't hacking.
Till now no one gave us actual confirmation on how many False Bans there actually were. And I mean the exact number.

I know that Staff also makes mistakes, and you would actually be surprised on how many false bans actually get covered up.

N

Nikboo

Chimpeeze said:
I've seen it happen, even have a clip of a staff member watching someone pvp for about 4 seconds, and then leaving and banning the player.

Could you PM me this video please? I'll see if I can get something done about it. Thanks

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
But to be honest, if false bans do happen, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle for the false banned player to appeal. I have seen some people false banned multiple time, and it's not too much of a trouble. Sure you might need to wait a while, but even with videos, it still takes time.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
the staff member i always
with always goes to fight the hacker to make sure they are hacking before banning them even if its not clear she will continue to fight them in less she knows for a fact they are hacking or not so all staff members are different in this

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
You record all your games? 0_o. We as staff have to ban multiple hackers in a row. Sometimes it's just too much. Also, some staff don't have fast computers or a lot of space. Recording every single hacker won't work, sorry.

Reactions: Snodia

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
You record all your games? 0_o. We as staff have to ban multiple hackers in a row. Sometimes it's just too much. Also, some staff don't have fast computers or a lot of space. Recording every single hacker won't work, sorry.
That's simply an excuse.
It doesn't have to be 30 min vids.
Having your recording software ready is actually pretty handy. If I spot a Hacker I just press f9 16 seconds later I stop recording. And tadah! 16 seconds of 20mb footage of someone Hacking.
After uploading to YT you can simply delete the video from your Pc.

Everyone made reports with video evidence before getting Staff. That means everyone still can do it after becoming Staff.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
That's simply an excuse.
It doesn't have to be 30 min vids.
Having your recording software ready is actually pretty handy. If I spot a Hacker I just press f9 16 seconds later I stop recording. And tadah! 16 seconds of 20mb footage of someone Hacking.
After uploading to YT you can simply delete the video from your Pc.

Everyone made reports with video evidence before getting Staff. That means everyone still can do it after becoming Staff.
Including video's in ban messages won't work then. Then we have to write down the names, uploading all the vids to YouTube and getting them in each ban message. That's too much work and it won't work. We don't want innocent players getting killed by "gamerulers", that's why we ban straight away.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
the staff member i always
with always goes to fight the hacker to make sure they are hacking before banning them even if its not clear she will continue to fight them in less she knows for a fact they are hacking or not so all staff members are different in this

That's irrelevant. You and your staff member friend got a friend of mine banned a couple of weeks ago because you thought they were hacking in OP FFA, then you called on the staff member and she banned him without any footage. His appeal obviously got denied, and it wasn't until he contacted Mac regarding the ban that he got unbanned.
That there is a prime example of why staff should record players. If a staff member thinks someone is hacking, and bans them in game, there's a high chance that they're going to reject a false ban appeal. Quite unfair on the player isn't it?

I currently have 348gb of video footage, stored on my pc. Surprisingly enough, I do actually delete these periodically.
You don't need a fast computer to record a clip, it doesn't matter if footage is low quality. It's a simple hotkey setup to start/stop the recording. Takes no effort and no extra time, other than the 1 second it will take you to hit the hotkey to start the recording.

It's a little extra to cover your own backs when mistakes are made. False bans will always occur. I have no issue with that. My issue is false bans that then get the appeal rejected, because the player is unaware of what hack they were supposed to have used.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Including video's in ban messages won't work then. Then we have to write down the names, uploading all the vids to YouTube and getting them in each ban message. That's too much work and it won't work. We don't want innocent players getting killed by "gamerulers", that's why we ban straight away.

Isn't that what players take their time out to do to help the community? We're used to games being ruined by hackers, and it's a rarity that a staff member is in the same game as you so taking a little extra time to ban someone, shouldn't be too much of an issue for people.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
That's irrelevant. You and your staff member friend got a friend of mine banned a couple of weeks ago because you thought they were hacking in OP FFA, then you called on the staff member and she banned him without any footage. His appeal obviously got denied, and it wasn't until he contacted Mac regarding the ban that he got unbanned.
That there is a prime example of why staff should record players. If a staff member thinks someone is hacking, and bans them in game, there's a high chance that they're going to reject a false ban appeal. Quite unfair on the player isn't it?

I currently have 348gb of video footage, stored on my pc. Surprisingly enough, I do actually delete these periodically.
You don't need a fast computer to record a clip, it doesn't matter if footage is low quality. It's a simple hotkey setup to start/stop the recording. Takes no effort and no extra time, other than the 1 second it will take you to hit the hotkey to start the recording.

It's a little extra to cover your own backs when mistakes are made. False bans will always occur. I have no issue with that. My issue is false bans that then get the appeal rejected, because the player is unaware of what hack they were supposed to have used.

Then wouldn't the staff member mention why they banned the player? I hardly doubt they just say, "Banned for hacking." Rather they would say "You were banned Kill aura." Or something along the lines. Also I hardly think you can always catch every person who is hacking. Moderators attract attention, so once the hacker realizes a staff is in the same lobby, toggles off. With no proof, just the claims of other player, unlikely to get banned. Now of course this wouldn't always be the same case. I mean sometimes players are pretty good at toggling. A 16 second video can turn into a 15 minute one trying to get evidence. Hardly worth the time. Just appeal, no harm done.

D

Deleted member 169486

It may seem like a good idea to have them ban instantly, but like people have said, that just does not work.

Then you could always just have it, and only upload it and everything when it's requested.

Players don't have tons of computer storage either. I move all my recordings to Google Drive after I make the report. Would it be possible for staff to create one of those and have all evidence of staff banned players?

Tl;Dr Guilty Until Proven Innocent on Cubecraft.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Then wouldn't the staff member mention why they banned the player? I hardly doubt they just say, "Banned for hacking." Rather they would say "You were banned Kill aura." Or something along the lines. Also I hardly think you can always catch every person who is hacking. Moderators attract attention, so once the hacker realizes a staff is in the same lobby, toggles off. With no proof, just the claims of other player, unlikely to get banned. Now of course this wouldn't always be the same case. I mean sometimes players are pretty good at toggling. A 16 second video can turn into a 15 minute one trying to get evidence. Hardly worth the time. Just appeal, no harm done.

Yes, like the staff who ban someone and call it auto loot.....
The staff are spectating the player already so what's the harm in recording while they spec?

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Yes, like the staff who ban someone and call it auto loot.....
The staff are spectating the player already so what's the harm in recording while they spec?

I hardly doubt there won't be a person who won't say, "Oh hey! [insert name] is here!"

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom