• Yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

Ivauno

Novice Member
Oct 15, 2017
I personally think that the firerate and damage of the autobow is too much, yes, you can counter it if you have a shield and or blocks, but otherwise you basically are dead.
Lowering the max amount of arrows could make it somewhat fair, otherwise just lower the damage/firerate.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I've agreed with this a dozen of times, if a player isn't wearing armor it just kills them super fast, I try to not use the bow because it's so OP, but that doesn't stop others from using it against me.

The knockback from this bow also is insane because you get hit over and over again.

Most people also panic and don't have the reaction to place blocks or shield the arrows.

sg_slayer_sg

Dec 19, 2018
Personally I feel as though its a good item, sure, but I don't think it can be considered OP. The bow shoots arrows fast and can certainly kill a player without armour but in most situations placing a block or even just running will stop the assault of the bow.

Because of the bow's fast shooting speeds, it doesn't last that long so getting behind any cover or simply running away will cause the opponent to run out of arrows or stop firing and have to wait for the cool down again.

Most lucky islands items can be seen as OP when putting in certain situations but I think it's better to find ways to combat these items with in-game solutions rather than to release a nerf.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Whats a shield? I have never heard of such an item? It blocks arrows? Wow thats cool!

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
I don't play lucky island alot but i agree with this.
The bow is litterly nearly impossible to encounter without a shield or blocks.
And its really easy to knock someone of the island if you just spam on the encountering player.
Also in my opinion its shoots way to fast and the damage should be decreased.
Hopefully Staff fixes this!
Ty for your suggest. :D

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
What's a shield? I have never heard of such an item? It blocks arrows? Wow, that's cool!
While this is cool, you might not always have a shield. Are reacted to slow to save your self. Especially on bridges, with a normal bow you can easily block save yourself but with the automatic bow you're 4 blocks away from your bridge before you know what's going on. What's also to consider is that if you get it at the start of the game in a more open map, the other players can't really do anything about it. And in general, you didn't even make a point against or for it. OK a shield exists, but does that make the bow not too OP? I would say no,

Reactions: Colleeee

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
While this is cool, you might not always have a shield. Are reacted to slow to save your self. Especially on bridges, with a normal bow you can easily block save yourself but with the automatic bow you're 4 blocks away from your bridge before you know what's going on. What's also to consider is that if you get it at the start of the game in a more open map, the other players can't really do anything about it. And in general, you didn't even make a point against or for it. OK a shield exists, but does that make the bow not too OP? I would say no,
Shield negates all damage with a right click. Also autobow is a mid range weapon, it’s now as OP as you people make it to be

Yes, it’s better than the shotgun bow but it’s outclassed by even a regular bow. It’s easy to dodge autobow personally. If you have armor its not a big deal either

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
If you have armor
That's the problem, most people barely have any armor, do not forget that this is lucky islands after all, not skywars.

I don't think you've experienced enough encounters with this bow, shields aren't that common on lucky islands either

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
I personally think that the firerate and damage of the autobow is too much, yes, you can counter it if you have a shield and or blocks, but otherwise you basically are dead.
Lowering the max amount of arrows could make it somewhat fair, otherwise just lower the damage/firerate.
Like if you have to play against this on Java, you're just dead for sure, because you dont even have a shield

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I made a little video where I use the automatic bow to kill players. It's has only two shots of my doing that because I didn't get the bow for 15 games and I'm lazy 😅
And an extra clip that made me hate the knockback sword even more :)

DoeetahHotdog

Jun 5, 2020
Writing this to sway the votes a little bit, IMO Autobows shouldn't be nerfed since 1. They use up arrows super quick, so they won't last long 2. You rarely get them anyways and 3. They're just plain fun to use tactically, especially when you're in a tight spot. I think the current autobow is great since it can give players with no loot a chance to win. Remember that Lucky Islands is called "Lucky" for a reason! The best thing about the minigame is that you never know what's going to happen.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
But you can easily
That's the problem, most people barely have any armor, do not forget that this is lucky islands after all, not skywars.

I don't think you've experienced enough encounters with this bow, shields aren't that common on lucky islands either
craft shields on most maps. Idk I play during a dif time of day, most people who come on when i play are usually dumb

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
I don't think changing the fire rate of the bow will change how it is used. However, decreasing the damage output and reducing the KB the weapon gives would allow for the Automatic bow to become more stable and fair.

Kazwa

Sr. Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 23, 2020
Sweden ♡
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with you and San's arguments does pretty much tell why this should be nerfed! :)

Libsx

Jun 5, 2020
wally ends
this thread has made me livid 😡😡😡 the autobow has NEVER done anything wrong you are all just BABIES !!!!! pray to the oods and maybe you will find forgiveness, until then you are all OVERWEIGHT

Reactions: Queen Ualala

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
this thread has made me livid 😡😡😡 the autobow has NEVER done anything wrong you are all just BABIES !!!!! pray to the oods and maybe you will find forgiveness, until then you are all OVERWEIGHT
welcome to copypasta gang

Reactions: Libsx

Borli

Jan 16, 2020
I think the bow is balanced as there are various ways to counter it, including just strafing left and right.The main factor that decides whether or not you survive an auto attack is knowing when and where to rush a player that may have an auto bow(e.g. never rush an auto bow user on a narrow section of the map or on a bridge).Furthermore, nerfing this bow may result in a shotgun bow 2.0 which will not be considered for any other reason than its arrows.Therefore, I believe we should keep the auto bow the way it is, and anyone scared to face auto bows will learn how to counter it, like all experienced members have done.

Reactions: zacharyl22

ForGiveQueen

Novice Member
Jan 12, 2020
Don't be mad, it's just an idea

zacharyl22

May 28, 2020
I think the bow is balanced as there are various ways to counter it, including just strafing left and right.The main factor that decides whether or not you survive an auto attack is knowing when and where to rush a player that may have an auto bow(e.g. never rush an auto bow user on a narrow section of the map or on a bridge).Furthermore, nerfing this bow may result in a shotgun bow 2.0 which will not be considered for any other reason than its arrows.Therefore, I believe we should keep the auto bow the way it is, and anyone scared to face auto bows will learn how to counter it, like all experienced members have done.
I completely agree, I've seen tons of good players simply walk out of the line of fire of the bow and kill me, the bow isn't OP if you know how to dodge it, the bow can actually make the players that are using it pretty vulnerable after they're done shooting it. If people want the bow to be nerfed it shouldn't be the bow itself that should gets the nerf, it should be the amount of arrows that the bow comes with lowered.

Reactions: Borli
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom