Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with me?

• Yes! With the second suggestion, and you should immediately move up steps.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
This suggestion has two parts, but they're both changes/additions to the rules.

Firstly, on the forums there is a rule that goes like this: "Do not argue with/harass staff. They work hard to keep the server running smoothly." But on the discord and in game, there's no similar rule. Of course, you also shouldn't argue with/harass staff there, but there's no such rule, and just adding one shouldn't be to hard :) For in game I'd think of a punishment track similar to the one for swearing, but you should only move up one step after you've been warned to stop in that conversation. This is to prevent some people that easily get a little, well, mad, to be muted for a long time, and to give them another chance to realise that the conversation they're having is getting too heated. So the punishment track would be "Warning → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute" but you'd only move up one step after you've been warned inside the conversation you got muted for. And I don't know how punishment tracks on the discord server work, so staff can decide about that.

Now the second part. There isn't a rule on any platform that disallows you to cause drama. I think that on all 3 platforms there should be one, as causing drama is very annoying for everyone if it happens in a chat where more people have access to. It would be fine to have an argument in party chat as long as no one in the party has a problem with it, but in global chat or when there are people that are uncomfortable with the drama are in the party it should be muteable. This wouldn't be for small drama like "You focussed me in eggwars once." but for either very big drama, or smaller drama but which continues for a long time. I think in game it should have the same punishment track as swearing, "Warning → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute" and maybe it should have the same system as my previous suggestion, so you would only move up a step after you've been warned in the conversation, but I'm not quite sure about that. And on the forums and discord I still haven't figured out how punishment tracks work, so I'll let staff decide about that again.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
If we'd punish for arguing with staff ingame then half the community would be muted. Afaik it's on forums because this basically is the place for discussions and the place where it like, escalates too often.

For Drama thing, who decides what is and isn't drama? Drama is a rather broad term, and I personally don't feel like we should punish this. In the end, this is the internet, text tone can be finicky and things can be misinterpreted.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
If we'd punish for arguing with staff ingame then half the community would be muted. Afaik it's on forums because this basically is the place for discussions and the place where it like, escalates too often.

For Drama thing, who decides what is and isn't drama? Drama is a rather broad term, and I personally don't feel like we should punish this. In the end, this is the internet, text tone can be finicky and things can be misinterpreted.
For both the solution is to give them a warning in the conversation before moving them up a step. If they're told they get too heated, and they still continue it's clear that they aren't misunderstood.

For what drama is, it'd be getting too heated in an argument, not stopping with hackusating someone, etc.

Reactions: Kylo2532 and Keanu

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
For both the solution is to give them a warning in the conversation before moving them up a step. If they're told they get too heated, and they still continue it's clear that they aren't misunderstood.
I personally feel like it's simply part of being staff tbf. People are allowed to argue with us as long as it's not getting too heated. If it's too heated we can just say ''This is my final decision'' or whatever. Punishing simply is too harsh imo.

For what drama is, it'd be getting too heated in an argument, not stopping with hackusating someone, etc.
If someone keeps hackusating then we can issue a spamming punishment. Too heated in argument, I personally still feel like we shouldn't be too strict, again text tone can be finicky and things can be misinterpreted.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
If it's too heated we can just say ''This is my final decision'' or whatever. Punishing simply is too harsh imo.
You can say that first, but certainly not everyone will stop after that. There needs to be a moment where you just punish them for not stopping with arguing.
If someone keeps hackusating then we can issue a spamming punishment.
I had a certain case in mind, where you couldn’t but ehm I don’t think it’s a good idea to start about that.
text tone can be finicky and things can be misinterpreted.
It sure can, but after someone warns you to stop because it comes over rude/mean, you should stop. You can’t say anymore that you didn’t mean it like that, as someone already told you your tone seemed bad.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Top Bottom