Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nikboo

Hey everyone!

I'm sure everyone knows that we have a new revamped arcade!
You can view the announcement thread for the new arcade HERE!

The Cubecraft staff team would love to hear your feedback on the current arcade games out there! These include Paintball, Barn Brawl, Line Dash, Wing Rush and Layer Spleef. Feel free to post whatever you like about it as long as it is related to the current arcade games. This includes your ups and downs about the games and your suggestions. We want to hear from YOU, as the community.

Paintball:

The old paintball was stale and repetitive. We have put a CubeCraft spin on this and changed the way you play this game entirely - In this revamp we’re launching with the team deathmatch gamemode, which is full of features! The game will never feel repetitive again as epic defensive custom structures generate in front of your eyes as you are playing!

There are various power ups you can obtain, every map will have a power weapon that will spawn, some maps have two! These weapons are extremely powerful, you can obtain an epic rocket launcher and cause devastating damage to the enemy team's defences. We had so much fun using these awesome custom guns during testing, we decided… let's add a voting option for our amazing premium users.

You can vote for rocket launcher mode, machine gun mode and shotgun mode. These chaotic modes will encourage new strategies and double the fun. Other features that are in this epic revamp include kill-streaks that will give you the ability to earn grenades as you increase your streak, making your path to “Godlike” kill-streak adrenaline packed. We also plan to add CTF to this gamemode in a future update, so stay tuned for more awesome paintball features!
Maps:
Castle, Lego, Oriental

Barn Brawl:

Barn Brawl is a brand new, incredibly fast paced game that will remind you of Hungry Hippo’s. The objective is to hit animals into your area, marked by your team's colour. However if you want to secure the points then you have to hit the animals into your barn - this will grant you points that go towards your team's total score.

We didn’t want things to get boring or repetitive with this game, so we decided to add LOADS of crazy elements to the game - giving you that chaotic Lucky Islands feel. You can hit flying pigs, a sheep called ‘Sonic’ that speeds around the map, or the infamous cow scraper, a towering pillar of cows which will be hard to miss when it spawns! Beware though, mobs worth minus points can spawn, which you’ll want to hit towards the enemy teams barn.

Maps:
Farm, Vegetables, Space
Wing Rush:

Wing Rush is a flying racing game, that has elements of Mario Kart, using power ups to get ahead of your opponents. Have an adrenaline filled journey as you zoom past epic structures and perilous ravines to be a flying ace.

There are two handy features on screen to help you with your flight -The boss bar at the top of the screen shows your progress through the map, each notch on the bar being a checkpoint. This also shows what lap you are on and the total time you’ve taken to complete the map. You’ll be able to see what your fastest lap was at the end of the game, giving you the ability to test new tactics.

The second feature is the is the speedometer and boost capacity bar - This is displayed using the Exp bar at the bottom. Boost capacity will build up over time, helping you swoosh past your opponent, or get going again following a crash! Use “F” to use your boost!

Remember, you have to fly through all the checkpoints in the correct direction, otherwise you’re not going to win - give yourself a rush as you take to the skies today!

Maps:
Ravine, Nature

Line Dash:

Inspired from our popular game available during Christmas - ‘Snow Down’. Line Dash has elements of this mixed with Tron. The objective of the game is to be the last team standing and eliminate all the other players. As you run, a line is left behind you. If you run into another team's colour line then you will be eliminated from the game.

We have added more powerups and introduced map events. What are map events? Well, if you play the desert map ‘Arena’, mummified skeletons will spawn shooting arrows of blindness and nausea - so be careful where you run. We have two other cool events on our current maps, play them to see what they are!

Maps:
Frosty, Garden, Arena
Layer Spleef:

We’ve kept all the elements of the original Spleef game and added some epic twists! Why offer Cubecrafter’s one Spleef mode, when we can offer seven in one! Layer Spleef is a game that offers multiple types of Spleef - randomly generating each game.

This means the first time you play, you could play Bow Spleef, TNT Run, Splegg. The next round you play this can change - you could play Splegg, Snow Spleef, Snow Decay.

That’s not all, in this unique CubeCraft spleefing experience, you can obtain power ups, with some being unique to their own layers. Big egg is definitely the best in my opinion on the splegg layer!

Maps:
Sky, Volcanic, Ocean, Candy​

(Make sure you tell us about your experiences on each of these maps! Also, feel free to suggest new map names, etc.)
Here is an example suggestion:

I would love to see these effects added to Barn Brawl:
If you catch Sonic, you get a slight speed boost for 15 seconds
If you catch Jumpy, a rabbit, you get a slight jump boost for 15 seconds

What you could create a suggestion on:

New map names for any arcade game?
New powerups?
New modes / voting options?
New mobs for Barn Brawl? - Make sure to give the mobs a name!
A unique new layer on layer spleef?
etc.

We look forward to hearing what you guys would like to say!
- The Cubecraft Staff team.

NOTE: Please do not comment about old games which have been removed or about games which should be added. Every single off-topic post on this thread will be deleted and also, you may be reply banned from this thread. Whilst we do appreciate your opinions, this is not the thread to make these posts. You are free to make such threads in the Arcade section of the forums.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Well, I need to say it the maps are good enough and don't like to have changes on it. (For the other on My last thread about arcade) I was wrong Lol these games are amazing.
My favourites line dash and layer spleef.
Suggestion to add for layer spleef:
I like to have a real tnt run like How it was. For example, sand/gravel and tnt
About the others it's just amazing!!1!!1!1!
Also about the lobby, the browser castle IT'S SO AMAZING, i get memories from My childhood.

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
Barn Brawl: Fun at first, but gets boring quite quickly.

Wing Rush: Quite fun, but there aren't that many maps. Adding some more would be amazing.

Paintball: This one is great. I love it. One thing that could change is the spawn area. On some maps, you can't get out before someone kills you.

Layer Spleef: Feels a little messy. Too many things are happening at the same time.

Line Dash: Too many teams. Lacking the ability to jump. Some of the powerups are bad. You can only hold one powerup at the same time. Though, the concept is great. If you would make it more like the classic version/snowdown, it would be amazing.

AbandonedUser

Nov 28, 2016
For the Wing Rush, nothing much of what's wrong, but when the bubbles of ability show up it makes it hard to see because i only see them and not the map, so I keep crashing..
But everything else is fine. ^-^

Reactions: Nikboo

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
Barn brawl isn't really my kind of game, so I don't really play it. But it is a fine game, it's just not my type.

Layer spleef is fun, maybe as @Tacosbefriends said, make it so you are able to vote for layers? Also maybe add a pizza spleef layer, because that was my favourite original spleef map.

Wing rush is fun. I love Mario kart and I love wing rush. But I wish they didn't have the blindness power up.

Paintball is fun fun fun. Love it. Except from that bug where you don't get any ammo.....

Line dash is pretty fun, I don't really have anything to say on it

And those are my opinions on the 5 new games. A bit sad that they removed the old ones, would be nice if some new games were added alongside these new games in the future (for example: a revamped version of quake raft) as lots of people like them and 5 games doesn't feel like 'enough'. Please don't remove this post as it is not a bring back old arcade post, it is just an idea about revamping some of the popular game modes and adding them into the new arcade as well :3

Reactions: Nikboo and Fristey
D

Deleted member 324613

Amazing update, I love the new Paintball, Layer Spleef was an ingenious idea, and Barn Brawl is one of my favourites too.

However, I've been finding some issues with Paintball, people tend to abuse team selection and the spawn areas. Here's how a lot of my previous games have gone:
1. In the lobby, most people join 1 team and a donator selects rocket launcher mode and the map Lego.
2. They spawn trap the opposite team by blasting the small hut, killing them as soon as they spawn, until they win.
OR
1. Everyone in the lobby joins the opposite team.
2. The 3 other people on my team leave half-way through.
3. I manage to get 19 kills on my own before I lose to spawn camping, because I'm awesome.

If it were up to me, team selection wouldn't be a thing and the spawns would have a bit more protection, especially on Lego.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I really like this update!
I find myself attracted to Arcade a lot more then before, thanks to the awesome and interesting games!
I personally think that Barn Brawl could be more "interesting" since it didn't really "catch" me when I was looking at which games to play
Wing rush is awesome, all though the blindness affect could be shortened. I like the concept and how it relates to some Mario games
Layer Spleef is my favourite, Parkour based game, with "tweaks". Just perfect! Maybe add to the vote list on the layers? Lag back is also and issue, however its not major.
LineDash, I think it's very cool, have not seen this type of game before

So generally, I really like this update!

Last edited:
Reactions: diogo and Nikboo

TomZye

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
The Netherlands
To be honest, I enjoyed playing Quake Craft and TNT run a lot. It is sad that they removed these two.
However, I tried out Paintball and Spleef Layer and these turned out to be fun too.
Nice update, But i prefer boards instead of armor stands \o/
I would prefer boards too.

I think the rest of the update is great!

Reactions: Nikboo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom