Not open for further replies.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Introduction
Hi, I have a suggestion about adding many of the Arcade Games that are on Java, to Bedrock. For anyone that doesn't know, Java has a rotational Arcade gamemode called Featured Games.

Cubecraft Bedrock currently doesn't have many casual games and several Arcade Games would solve this issue. The games mentioned are already on Java and some of them were once on Bedrock too.

Most of these games are old gamemodes on Java, that don't pull enough players to be regular gamemodes. The pull 50 players each at peak hours and rotate every 2 days. However on Bedrock each of them would get 10 times as many players, as Bedrock has 10 times the playerbase.

The games
I've picked 5 featured games that would work best for Bedrock. There are more featured games on Java, however some of them wouldn't work well on Bedrock.

Line Dash
Line Dash is a fast paced Arcade game, that was removed from Bedrock a while ago. It's gameplay is similar to Slither.IO, as you have a trail behind you and if anyone crashes in to that trail they die, although there are several power ups that can spawn around the map.

QuakeCraft
QuakeCraft is a shooter game, based on Quake. Where everyone has a rail gun and it's a FFA deathmatch. However, this game is very aim focused so there would be device based matchmaking.

Slime Survival
Slime Survival is an Arcade gamemode based on Infection. Where there is 1 slime and they have to infect everyone else to win. The runners win if the slimes run out of time. It is also extremely similar to Snowman Survival, especially with the power ups you can receive.

Wing Rush
Wing Rush is an elytra race gamemode, similar to the old Glide minigame on legacy console. Exept it also has some elements similar to MarioKart, such as power ups.

Layer Spleef
Layer Spleef is a Spleef gamemode, where there are multiple layers and you have to spleef your opponents. Exept there's are multiple different gamemodes, such as; Spleef, Splegg, Bow Spleef and TNT Run.

Beta Stages
Not all five of these gamemodes would instantly be added to the game. To test how well received they are, they would first be added to the Beta Games lobby.

But not all 5 of them would be added to the Beta Games lobby, only three would. This is to spred development time out over a longer period of time, to make it easier on the staff.

The 3 that could be added to the Beta Games lobby could be; Line Dash, QuakeCraft and Slime Survival. As these are the 3 most popular of the 5.

Full Release
The full release of these 5 gamemodes would add an Arcade lobby. Where future Arcade Games could go and the release of Line Dash, QuakeCraft, Slime Survival, Wing Rush and Layer Spleef.

The reason these gamemodes wouldn't be released as their own gamemodes is because each one of them would only get around 500 players. Which isn't enough for them to be their own fully fledged gamemodes.

Arcade Games Rank
The release of Arcade Games would also come with its own rank. Giving it map selection, gamemode voting, custom kill messages, tons of loot and more.

Gamemode voting wouldn work differently in the Arcade lobby. As each Arcade mode would have their own voting options, all of which already existing on Java. The voting options are:

Line Dash Chaos mode
Line Dash chaos mode is an option you can vote for if you have rank. In this mode everyone has permanent speed 2 and more power ups spawn on the map.

QuakeCraft one in the chamber
This voting option turns QuakeCraft in to a 1 in the chamber style game, where you only have 1 shot and if you kill someone you get another shot.

Slime Survival freeze tag
This option changes Slime Survival, in many ways. Now when you get infected you don't get turned in to a Slime, but instead you get stuck in place. The only way to get unstuck, is for someone to revive you. There's also now 4 slimes, instead of 1.

Wing Rush hoop mode
This mode is very similar to normal Wing Rush, exept you earn points by flying through hoops in stead of completing a lap.

Layer Spleef variations
In Layer Spleef, if you have a rank you can choose between several options. Being Spleef Splegg Bow Spleef and TNT Run.

Overview
What do people think of this suggestion. If you agree with it use the agree:agree:reaction, if you disagree use the disagree:disagree: reaction and if you are unsure use the unsure:unsure:
reaction. If this thread hits 25 agrees it will get forwarded✨.​

Last edited:

Adxm

Apr 7, 2021
Introduction
Hi, I have a suggestion about adding many of the Arcade Games that are on Java, to Bedrock. For anyone that doesn't know, Java has a rotational Arcade gamemode called Featured Games.

Cubecraft Bedrock currently doesn't have many casual games and several Arcade Games would solve this issue. The games mentioned are already on Java and some of them were once on Bedrock too.

Most of these games are old gamemodes on Java, that don't pull enough players to be regular gamemodes. The pull an average of 50 players each and rotate every 2 days. However on Bedrock each of them would get 10 times as many players, as Bedrock has 10 times the playerbase.

The games
I've picked 5 featured games that would work best for Bedrock. There are more featured games on Java, however some of them wouldn't work well on Bedrock.

Line Dash
Line Dash is a fast paced Arcade game, that was removed from Bedrock a while ago. It's gameplay is similar to Slither.IO, as you have a trail behind you and if anyone crashes in to that trail they die, although there are several power ups that can spawn around the map.

QuakeCraft
QuakeCraft is a shooter game, where everyone has a rail gun and it's a FFA deathmatch. However, this game is very aim focused so there would be device based matchmaking.

Slime Survival
Slime Survival is an Arcade gamemode based on Infection. Where there is 1 slime and they have to infect everyone else to win. The runners win if the slimes run out of time. It is also extremely similar to Snowman Survival, especially with the power ups you can receive.

Wing Rush
Wing Rush is an elytra race gamemode, similar to the old Glide minigame on legacy console. Exept it also has some elements similar to MarioKart, such as power ups.

Layer Spleef
Layer Spleef is a Spleef gamemode, where there are multiple layers and you have to spleef your opponents. Exept there's are multiple different gamemodes, such as; Spleef, Splegg, Bow Spleef and TNT Run.

Beta Stages
Not all five of these gamemodes would instantly be added to the game. To test how well received they are, they would first be added to the Beta Games lobby.

But not all 5 of them would be added to the Beta Games lobby, only three would. This is to spred development time out over a longer period of time, to make it easier on the staff.

The 3 that could be added to the Beta Games lobby could be; Line Dash, QuakeCraft and Slime Survival. As these are the 3 most popular of the 5.

Full Release
The full release of these 5 gamemodes would add an Arcade lobby, where future Arcade games could go and the release of Wing Rush and Layer Spleef.

The reason these gamemodes wouldn't be released as their own gamemodes is because each one of them would only get around 500 players. Which isn't enough for them to be their own fully fledged gamemodes.

Arcade Games Rank
The release of Arcade Games would also come with its own rank. Giving it map selection, gamemode voting, custom kill messages and more.

Gamemode voting wouldn work differently in the Arcade lobby. As each Arcade mode would have their own voting options, all of which already existing on Java. The voting options are:

Line Dash Chaos mode
Line Dash chaos mode is an option you can vote for if you have rank. In this mode everyone has permanent speed 2 and more power ups spawn on the map.

QuakeCraft one in the chamber
This voting option turns QuakeCraft in to a 1 in the chamber style game, where you only have 1 shot and if you kill someone you get another shot.

Slime Survival freeze tag
This option changes Slime Survival, in many ways. Now when you get infected you don't get turned in to a Slime, but instead you get stuck in place. The only way to get unstuck, is for someone to revive you. There's also now 4 slimes, instead of 1.

Wing Rush hoop mode
This mode is very similar to normal Wing Rush, exept you earn points by flying through hoops in stead of completing a lap.

Layer Spleef variations
In layer Spleef, if you have a rank you can choose between several options. Being Spleef Splegg Bow Spleef and TNT Run.

Overview
What do people think of this suggestion. If you agree with it use the agree:agree:reaction, if you disagree use the disagree :disagree: reaction and if you are unsure use the unsure:unsure:
reaction. If this thread hits 25 agrees it will get forwarded✨.​
I was going to suggest adding a spleef gamemode alone. So I agree

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Multiple stories spleef with different game modes that you named and there would be power ups either around the map, or when you break a certain block
That's what Layer Spleef is, it's a very fun game and hopefully it will come to Bedrock.

• Agree
Reactions: Adxm

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Even though I am a big fan of the arcade games I’m not too sure if it should be added.
The pull an average of 50 players each and rotate every 2 days. However on Bedrock each of them would get 10 times as many players, as Bedrock has 10 times the playerbase.
That is just... not true. You talk about line dash further on which literally got removed due to having no players so this doesn’t make sense.

For the rest I don’t know, it might work and it might not. I do like the games very much though.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Even though I am a big fan of the arcade games I’m not too sure if it should be added.

That is just... not true. You talk about line dash further on which literally got removed due to having no players so this doesn’t make sense.

For the rest I don’t know, it might work and it might not. I do like the games very much though.
Line Dash would get just over 500 players if it were to be re-added. This is because it got 350 players back when Cubecraft had 30,000 players, so now it should get 500+ players as Cubecraft has 50,000 players.

• Agree
Reactions: Adxm

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Pixel Dropper
The Arcade Games lobby could even have a lobby game in it, called Pixel Dropper. It would be a small dropper course filled with classic Arcade game characters. Such as Mario, Sonic or Donkey Kong.​

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I remember when arcade games were a thing, those games were amazing! I think it won’t be that hard to create these games as the games already existed in the past so they don’t have to rebuild everything. I totally agree :agree:

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I remember when arcade games were a thing, those games were amazing! I think it won’t be that hard to create these games as the games already existed in the past so they don’t have to rebuild everything. I totally agree :agree:
Yeah they'd be pretty easy to make compared to other gamemodes. Seeing as they can port code from Java and there's probably some old code from Line Dash lying around somewhere.

Reactions: pieterpeer

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey Dualninja, thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately at this time Arcade isn't something we're looking into. We are currently putting focus back onto our existing games and new modes for them, as well as features for Bedrock.

We feel as though Arcade could get a spot on Bedrock but in the far future, however most of the gamemodes for Arcade wouldn't work on most devices due to them being very fast-paced and they also wouldn't hold enough players to start most games. We'd like to grow the network significantly before considering these games.

~ Locked and marked as denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom