Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DeathMotion

May 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Actually, I think IP banning might only ban that computers IP, so as long as they play on other PC’s it should be fine

Does somebody know if you get an IP-ban its only for your pc or for the hole network?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200421-103912_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200421-103912_Chrome.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 82

DeathMotion

May 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Then how come alot of hackers rejoin with alts?
Most of them are using some kinds of VPN's!
The meaning of VPN is that they change their IP so they can rejoin, because of the server dont know that IP adress yet. So if they got banned on that ip they just change it again. But most of the VPN's are blocked.

Reactions: Hoshi

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
What I said is that not all staff members can (IP) ban. The majority of the team are the helpers + designers together. Also, not all offences will result in an IP ban.
Yes I know, but seeing as alot of hackers simply use an alt account perhaps IP banning is the ’easiest’ solution. I understand that not all offences would result in IP banning but as there are so many hackers, it might be the most efficient thing to do. However, since most staff members can’t IP ban, it may not be the best thing. I’m just coming up with some ideas, not all may be the best :)

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes I know, but seeing as alot of hackers simply use an alt account perhaps IP banning is the ’easiest’ solution. I understand that not all offences would result in IP banning but as there are so many hackers, it might be the most efficient thing to do. However, since most staff members can’t IP ban, it may not be the best thing. I’m just coming up with some ideas, not all may be the best :)
Most of them are using some kinds of VPN's!
The meaning of VPN is that they change their IP so they can rejoin, because of the server dont know that IP adress yet. So if they got banned on that ip they just change it again. But most of the VPN's are blocked.
Most of those hackers are able to somehow bypass the IP bans. I don't really have anything to add to this as it is self-explanatory.

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
Yeah, you're right!
Sorry but that's not right, the IP bans his computer / wifi IP and his minecraft account (of course it bans all the accounts related to that IP). It would be fine if the cheater goes to another house (cousin's house) he/she buys another account and starts cheating, then the IP ban won't work. But if the cheater buys another account with his/her IP (Wifi/Computer) then the account will be banned because the PC is connected to the wifi, the wifi's IP would be bannedso he/she won't be able to join CubeCraft Games.

Sentinel works, too late but it works, I've a lot of closed reports because of him but that's fine because it means that Sentinel works but it has a lot of bugs, FalseBans... We need an anticheat developer, but all of us can make cubecraft better by doing /report (Iron+) In-game or with video evidence we can report here.

Most of the VPN's dont work on Cubecraft so IP-banning would be clever, but when you do that its most likely you ban a hole family. Like my cousins both play Minecraft, and if one of them is getting IP-banned my other cousin also cant play anymore. So thats the hard thing with IP-banning.

This is true, if you IP ban someone you're banning the hole family so it won't be right. This situation is difficult.
So I hope you understand that right now they are working hard to fix this but it's not as easy as it seems to be.

Last edited:

DeathMotion

May 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry but that's not right, the IP bans his computer / wifi IP and his minecraft account (of course it bans all the accounts related to that IP). It would be fine if the cheater goes to another house (cousin's house) he/she buys another account and starts cheating, then the IP ban won't work. But if the cheater buys another account in his/her IP (Wifi/Computer) then the account will be banned so he/she won't be able to join CubeCraft Games.

Sentinel works, too late but it works, I've a lot of closed reports because of him but that's fine because it means that Sentinel works but it has a lot of bugs, FalseBans... We need an anticheat developer, but all of us can make cubecraft better by doing /report (Iron+) In-game or with video evidence we can report here.

This is true, if you IP ban someone you're banning the hole family so it won't be right. This situation is difficult.
So I hope you understand that right now they are working hard to fix this but it's not as easy as it seems to be.

On the second page I created a post with the question what happens when you got IP-banned (I mean if only your pc got IP-banned or you're hole network), so thank you for resonding!

Reactions: its_Marto03

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
On the second page I created a post with the question what happens when you got IP-banned (I mean if only your pc got IP-banned or you're hole network), so thank you for resonding!
You're welcome! I hope I've clarified that, that's the reason for which this whole situation is so difficult, you have to think about everyone and it is not always so easy.

Reactions: DeathMotion

OnlyRodri

Oct 5, 2018
Buenos días, sería bueno que mejoraran Sentinel puesto que ahora existen clientes que tienen la capacidad de evadir el (Anticheat) -Sentinel ...

Krqpton

Apr 7, 2020
United States
First of all, staff aren’t bots. Staff can’t be online 24/7. Also, we aren’t all able to handle reports. CubeCraft has been hiring a lot of new staff members lately for this exact reason. If you’re interested in becoming a helper yourself, then you can apply here.

We do our best to rid the rulebreakers. Keep in mind that hackers aren’t the only problem on the network. A lot of hackers/rulebreakers in general also have lots of alts. Meaning they will just come back over and over again. Again, staff aren’t bots. We don’t have some kind of radar for hackers. This is why the community, including players like you, is helping report these rulebreakers to rid of them. If you do find a hacker, please record and report them at reports.cubecraft.net. We’re trying our absolute best we can.

Second, staff aren’t the ones developing Sentinel. The anticheat developer is. There currently isn’t an anticheat developer, so it is lacking moderation. However, CubeCraft has mentioned this and they are actively searching for one:

You should be more considerate of what the staff team is doing for the server and its community and how much work is put in to CubeCraft’s development. Again, we’re trying our absolute best and you can help as well! :)

I agree with Hoshiakari staff are not just bots. They are a human being. We need to respect all fellow staff members because they try their best. Now yes they are a lot of hackers, but that doesn't mean that the anti-cheat is bad or the staff is not doing their job. That just means that there are way more hackers then we can handle right now. Now maybe in the future it will get better, but as for right now we need to hang in there. We need to trust that the server owner will find a developer to help with the anti-cheat. We need to trust our staff members that they are trying there best. I know a staff member and she works hard. She will always answer any question or try to find hackers.

Anyways I hope this message help. Please be kind and be safe.

Reactions: Hoshi

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Cubecraft's biggest problem are cheaters. There are almost no staff online in the server (And when they are online, they mostly don't do nothing) and the Anticheat can't deal with cheaters. This has caused the appearance of hackers in almost every game.

And... What's my point for that?
Staff tried to make an effort to improve Sentinel, but they stayed half the way. Sentinel bans some cheaters, but it lets a lot of them play freely like legit players.
There are a lot of good anticheats in the internet, one of them is BAC (Badlion Anticheat)

The server wins a lot of money, so why doesn't it spend that money in a better Anticheat rather than Sentinel?

Yes it's correct. CubeCraft you can spend as much money as you want because you earn a lot, but you understand the CubeCraft Management Team, they also have their own jobs, they also pay money to some Staff´s. And also Sentinel is an Anticheat created by them. I think it is too good to be created by them, but it is true that it has some flaws.

ToonBasic

Nov 3, 2019
Texas
This is the problem with Anti-Cheats in general:

It's a constant battle of "Server vs. Cheater", there is never gonna be a determining victor as it'll continue on for as long as the server is alive and has players.

As an Anti-Cheat developer myself who's worked for a plethora of servers both large and small (Some may recognize my name, not sure), it's not easy to not only constantly update, but also maintain an Anti-Cheat especially for larger networks such as CubeCraft.

You're having to constantly update to detect more of the latest client modules, resolve any false positives due to unique mini-games, constantly monitor the performance of the Anti-Cheat and more.

In the end, Sentinel at over 40,000 bans is not necessarily bad per-say, just not the greatest. I know it can do better with the right person(s) working on it, but for now, I say be glad with what you got. Some Anti-Cheating measures is better than none.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Top Bottom