Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheJoss95

May 28, 2018
Cubecraft's biggest problem are cheaters. There are almost no staff online in the server (And when they are online, they mostly don't do nothing) and the Anticheat can't deal with cheaters. This has caused the appearance of hackers in almost every game.

And... What's my point for that?
Staff tried to make an effort to improve Sentinel, but they stayed half the way. Sentinel bans some cheaters, but it lets a lot of them play freely like legit players.
There are a lot of good anticheats in the internet, one of them is BAC (Badlion Anticheat)

The server wins a lot of money, so why doesn't it spend that money in a better Anticheat rather than Sentinel?

Reactions: RobinDn

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
That is why you can help too and record cheaters and report them on the report site.

Most of the cheaters are almost the same one on alt accounts!

But I know what you mean sometimes it is to much, but the are dealing with more then only hackers.

I hope you understand that too.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Cubecraft is doing the best they can, as you can see in the main lobby, cubecraft bans a lot of hackers in a short time period. If you want, you can help using the command /report (iron+) or report the hackers here

But I understand what you mean xd, playing some games of skywars is rare

TheJoss95

May 28, 2018
That is why you can help too and record cheaters and report them on the report site.

Most of the cheaters are almost the same one om alt accounts!

But I know what you mean sometimes it is to much, but the are dealing with more then only hackers.

I hope you understand that too.
I know what u mean. I try to do what I can, report hackers with the command, and record them when my computer lets me (my computer is trash xDDD).
But I think that's not enough.

D

Deleted member 469419

the server (And when they are online, they mostly don't do nothing

That's absolutely false. I've been playing with a helper today (also a friend) and he was constantly leaving the party to check reports. @elchuii

The moderators/helpers do more than you can imagine. Isn't only check reports/ban cheaters, after that "short" process, there are a complicate one. They check appeals, reports (on the forums), #staff-help discord...

I also got banned unfairly two days ago, but I don't blame him, though sometimes it ban unfairly people, is a good anticheat.

The server wins a lot of money, so why doesn't it spend that money

About this, they're currently searching for one developer exclusively dedicated to it.

patito

Nov 9, 2019
California
And when they are online, they mostly don't do nothing
I don't think this is a fair statement to make unless you've observed every single staff member and what they do when they're online. Everyone does the best they can, but at the end of the day it is difficult for only a handful of staff members to moderate a server with thousands of players online at once. This is why recruitment has a goal of recruiting 100 staff members by the end of the year. We also rely on players like yourself to report players when you have the chance. Working together, we can achieve more :)

As for the anti-cheat, we are aware it needs some work, which is why we are hiring a Server Engine Team. You can read more about that here.

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Cubecraft's biggest problem are cheaters. There are almost no staff online in the server (And when they are online, they mostly don't do nothing) and the Anticheat can't deal with cheaters. This has caused the appearance of hackers in almost every game.

Staff tried to make an effort to improve Sentinel, but they stayed half the way. Sentinel bans some cheaters, but it lets a lot of them play freely like legit players.
There are a lot of good anticheats in the internet, one of them is BAC (Badlion Anticheat)

The server wins a lot of money, so why doesn't it spend that money in a better Anticheat rather than Sentinel?
They're currently searching for new helpers and a new sentinel developer, staff members are human too and have other things to do besides playing Minecraft. Banning hackers is harder then you think, also developing a anticheat isn't easy. You can always help by reporting them on the site or in-game with the /report command if you have iron(+).

Reactions: YoungPablo

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
First of all, staff aren’t bots. Staff can’t be online 24/7. Also, we aren’t all able to handle reports. CubeCraft has been hiring a lot of new staff members lately for this exact reason. If you’re interested in becoming a helper yourself, then you can apply here.

We do our best to rid the rulebreakers. Keep in mind that hackers aren’t the only problem on the network. A lot of hackers/rulebreakers in general also have lots of alts. Meaning they will just come back over and over again. Again, staff aren’t bots. We don’t have some kind of radar for hackers. This is why the community, including players like you, is helping report these rulebreakers to rid of them. If you do find a hacker, please record and report them at reports.cubecraft.net. We’re trying our absolute best we can.

Second, staff aren’t the ones developing Sentinel. The anticheat developer is. There currently isn’t an anticheat developer, so it is lacking moderation. However, CubeCraft has mentioned this and they are actively searching for one:
As for the anti-cheat, we are aware it needs some work, which is why we are hiring a Server Engine Team. You can read more about that here.
You should be more considerate of what the staff team is doing for the server and its community and how much work is put in to CubeCraft’s development. Again, we’re trying our absolute best and you can help as well! :)

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Sentinel is not getting worked on now simply because there isn’t a anti-cheat developer, plus hacked clients get better every day since there is always a groups of people which are interested in bypassing the most famous servers’s anti-cheat systems and makings videos on YouTube ,,proving” how playing with hacks is a skill or whatever.
Staff members are also real people, plus you can be only a staff member on one platform now.
Let’s don’t forget only Developers are on full time payed job and they deal with different things.

Reactions: Hoshi

TheJoss95

May 28, 2018
JuSt mAkE beTtER anTIchEAt
It is not very easy to make a good anticheat neither is it easy to find people to make one.
That's why I mentioned other anticheats in the market, so Cubecraft saves their time working in their own Anticheat and actually have something better.

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown

There've been a lot of new staff members lately so staff should be able to ban more people. Which i can see back in my ./reports most of the times I report somebody staff have punished the hacker and banned him/her.

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
First of all, staff aren’t bots. Staff can’t be online 24/7. Also, we aren’t all able to handle reports. CubeCraft has been hiring a lot of new staff members lately for this exact reason. If you’re interested in becoming a helper yourself, then you can apply here.

We do our best to rid the rulebreakers. Keep in mind that hackers aren’t the only problem on the network. A lot of hackers/rulebreakers in general also have lots of alts. Meaning they will just come back over and over again. Again, staff aren’t bots. We don’t have some kind of radar for hackers. This is why the community, including players like you, is helping report these rulebreakers to rid of them. If you do find a hacker, please record and report them at reports.cubecraft.net. We’re trying our absolute best we can.

Second, staff aren’t the ones developing Sentinel. The anticheat developer is. There currently isn’t an anticheat developer, so it is lacking moderation. However, CubeCraft has mentioned this and they are actively searching for one:

You should be more considerate of what the staff team is doing for the server and its community and how much work is put in to CubeCraft’s development. Again, we’re trying our absolute best and you can help as well! :)
Can’t some staff members IP ban hackers though? Meaning that they can’t log in as long as they’re on that computers IP adress. This would reduce hackers playing on alt accounts, but VPN’s are a thing so maybe not that much. But IP banning would work right? (I’m not quite sure)

Last edited:

Fqnta

Apr 2, 2020
Somewhere
Can’t some staff members IP ban hackers though? Meaning that they can’t log in as long as they’re on that network. This would reduce hackers playing on alt accounts, but VPN’s are a thing so maybe not that much. But IP banning would work right? (I’m not quite sure)
All staff members already ip-ban you when they see you hacking, it gives a blocked connection

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
That's why I mentioned other anticheats in the market, so Cubecraft saves their time working in their own Anticheat and actually have something better.
Reverse engineering is a thing. Even most of the public anticheats are obfuscated, reverse engineering them and finding bypasses isn’t very hard if know what you’re doing (and have enough patience). Having a private anticheat makes things harder for hacked client devs.
Sentinel is not getting worked on now simply because there isn’t a anti-cheat developer
Don’t think that’s entirely true.. they do have developers that can fix critical exploits

Reactions: remio

DeathMotion

May 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
All staff members already ip-ban you when they see you hacking, it gives a blocked connection

Most of the VPN's dont work on Cubecraft so IP-banning would be clever, but when you do that its most likely you ban a hole family. Like my cousins both play Minecraft, and if one of them is getting IP-banned my other cousin also cant play anymore. So thats the hard thing with IP-banning.

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Most of the VPN's dont work on Cubecraft so IP-banning would be clever, but when you do that its most likely you ban a hole family. Like my cousins both play Minecraft, and if one of them is getting IP-banned my other cousin also cant play anymore. So thats the hard thing with IP-banning.
Actually, I think IP banning might only ban that computers IP, so as long as they play on other PC’s it should be fine

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Can’t some staff members IP ban hackers though? Meaning that they can’t log in as long as they’re on that computers IP adress. This would reduce hackers playing on alt accounts, but VPN’s are a thing so maybe not that much. But IP banning would work right? (I’m not quite sure)
What I said is that not all staff members can (IP) ban. The majority of the team are the helpers + designers together. Also, not all offences will result in an IP ban.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom