Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Porsche8Man

Aug 7, 2019
Let me just start this off by saying that I literally made an account just to propose this because it annoys me to no end. Camping in EggWars is a problem and it makes the game stale. There should be a game mechanic in place to discourage camping. Here are my suggestions:

- Make a time limit: At the end of a certain amount of time, the team with the most kills or eggs destroyed wins

- Force players into the center: After a certain time has passed or a certain number of players are left, force players out of their base and into the center (like a battle royal)

- New Item: Make a new item (that costs an unbelievable amount) to deal damage to one specific island. This would make people think twice about staying on their island the entire game. And make it so you can only access it in the center so people dont just camp and smite one another

In conclusion, EggWars is meant to be a fast paced and enjoyable game. Camping drags out rounds to hours and ruins the excitement that a PvP based game is supposed to bring.

Useless backstory:

My brother and I just lost a 2 hour game to a team who bridged to the center to get 5 diamonds and 5 gold to fix their generators, and then broke their bridge and camped the entire game. We took out every single team while they were getting stacked with endless god apples and 5 layers of obsidian around their egg. We had so much time waiting for something to happen that we ordered 2 dominos pizza, got the pizzas, and ate both of them. I just got home from a long internship and I start up college again soon. I have no time to play video games during school and my internship so this is the only time I'm able to get on. It also happens to be the only thing that i can do to spend time with my little brother. This is his favorite game, his favorite server and his favorite game mode. Without this game, he doesn't speak to me or anyone really. Camping in EggWars makes him really angry that he just quits and locks himself in his room for the day. So I'd really appreciate it if something was done about this.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I like the border idea. The other two, meh. I don't really like it.

If this’d get implemented EggWars is no longer EggWars, if you don’t have enough time to play a game of EW, SW is your go-to.
It's still Eggwars? SW and EW are to completely different games.
Some people just simply don't like wasting 40m on a single game.
That's for me the reason I enjoyed Speed EW was because people didn't camp and games took like 5-10m. I hate normal Eggwars because I don't want to play games that take 40m.. I'm not gonna play Skywars instead because those games are completely different.

Neowyld

Jul 30, 2019
For the most part, games are the perfect length. Sometimes they get drawn out too long, but the solution shouldn't change egg wars much. Perhaps when two teams have been the last alive for 5 minutes, an emerald generator spawns at the center (regardless of map) to allow a new purchase area which would essentially force teams to get the equipment or lose.

Odieuse

May 14, 2016
Delft
Eggwars is a game that players like the most because it can take a really long time to play. Thats also why i like the game. It is nice to have a voting option to not let players camp but that you suggest is just really weird to me. I would like to see someting like that but than a bit better like
All eggs get broken after playing for 2,5 hour or someting like that
If your egg is broken after staying to long on your island you will get a potion effect of like slowness
Someting like that would be nice to see and also as a voting option not always

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Eggwars is a game that players like the most because it can take a really long time to play. Thats also why i like the game. It is nice to have a voting option to not let players camp but that you suggest is just really weird to me. I would like to see someting like that but than a bit better like
All eggs get broken after playing for 2,5 hour or someting like that
If your egg is broken after staying to long on your island you will get a potion effect of like slowness
Someting like that would be nice to see and also as a voting option not always
2.5 hours is waaay to much, the fun is over after 1.5 hours

RaSCoN_

Nov 10, 2017
Useless backstory:

My brother and I just lost a 2 hour game to a team who bridged to the center to get 5 diamonds and 5 gold to fix their generators, and then broke their bridge and camped the entire game. We took out every single team while they were getting stacked with endless god apples and 5 layers of obsidian around their egg. We had so much time waiting for something to happen that we ordered 2 dominos pizza, got the pizzas, and ate both of them. I just got home from a long internship and I start up college again soon. I have no time to play video games during school and my internship so this is the only time I'm able to get on. It also happens to be the only thing that i can do to spend time with my little brother. This is his favorite game, his favorite server and his favorite game mode. Without this game, he doesn't speak to me or anyone really. Camping in EggWars makes him really angry that he just quits and locks himself in his room for the day. So I'd really appreciate it if something was done about this.
I mean just buy a pearl, op pick and punch 1 bow ? most campers are really bad at pvp and the most spam clicks, you just gotta pearl behind them and bow spam them off the island, you said the round lasted 2hours, well getting these items wont take more than 5mins and you need like 20sec to break thro that 5 layers of obby with some eff 7 pick or whatever. been playing eggwars for a while, campers never been an issue in 2v2s, you just gotta play it smart instead of just waiting for some miracle to happen
I wouldnt really expect them to change anything in eggwars, the game is fine

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
- New Item: Make a new item (that costs an unbelievable amount) to deal damage to one specific island. This would make people think twice about staying on their island the entire game. And make it so you can only access it in the center so people dont just camp and smite one another
We already do... enderpearls, and bring lots of tnt with a punch bow.
Also some maps have an emerald generator at mid that provides you with good stuff (poison arrows, sharp6 swords, p4 armor...)

Reactions: Keanu

iiJoris_

Sep 15, 2017
Belgium
That has absolutely nothing to do with this suggestion.
HAHAHAHA
why not?
Speed Eggwars is a type of eggwars where there are no campers and the games don't take long. This is exactly where he is looking for!
"nothing to do with it" lmao

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Bringing back SEW is a totally different suggestion. This is to reduce camping in normal EW, not to have SEW back. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you mean but this is about normal EW. Yes, this has nothing to do with it.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
HAHAHAHA
why not?
Speed Eggwars is a type of eggwars where there are no campers and the games don't take long. This is exactly where he is looking for!
"nothing to do with it" lmao
How would that fix the camping problem in normal Eggwars..?

Reactions: Keanu

iiJoris_

Sep 15, 2017
Belgium
How would that fix the camping problem in normal Eggwars..?
It won't fix it but if they bring speed eggwars back this guy has a type of eggwars without campers so his problem should be fixed.
Some players just like to camp so having the 2 types available will make it so those who like to rush have speed eggwars and those who like to camp have normal eggwars.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
It won't fix it but if they bring speed eggwars back this guy has a type of eggwars without campers so his problem should be fixed.
Some players just like to camp so having the 2 types available will make it so those who like to rush have speed eggwars and those who like to camp have normal eggwars.
Some people don't like Speed Eggwars. So they play normal Eggwars but they still don't like campers. So adding Speed Eggwars will literally fix nothing.
I get that you want SEW back, I do too. But you're simply being annoying. You're suggesting for them to add SEW to fix the camping in NEW? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that adding SEW won't fix the camping in NEW.... Like.. no.. just no.
If you wanna suggest for them to re-add SEW, fine. But SEW won't fix this problem
What's next? People complain about the anti cheat and you suggest for them to add SEW like it'll fix everyone's problem? No.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I did this all the time back in the day, and it's one of the most fun times I've had on this server. I loved the long games of EggWars with my friends.

I do agree that camping these days is so frustrating, but the solutions you've suggested are directly dealing with camping, whilst I think we should go for indirect solutions (such as just removing diamond generators from spawn islands, making arrows more expensive, making gold generators slower,..)

And, by reading your 'useless backstory', I really think your brother should get a hobby or at least work in his anger issues..

Lime

Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2015
I agree, it can be quite annoying when a game takes hours. I'd personally like to see a shrinking border after a while (like you mentioned), which indeed forces people to go to the middle. I think that would help a lot already. And like others said, you can get an ender pearl and a punch bow for an example to make it easier to get to them and kill them.

Mr Cryptic

Jun 29, 2019
If people camp, all you need to do is upgrade the gens at mid. Mid usually has 2 or more diamond gens and 2 or more gold gens, so all you have to is max them out and collect. Eventually you will outgear the campers.
Buy an enderpearl, TNT, obsidian and a eff 40 pickaxe.
Enderpearl there, place TNT on the obsidian so the campers can't attack you, then put obsidian around yourself and get the egg.
Camping is the worst thing you can do late game because the opponent has mid.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
The average game of eggwars for me takes 13 minutes... (8m minimum, around 16m or even 20m maximum)
If a game takes more than 20 minutes and my enemy is being a massive camper (and it's really obvious by him buying a thousand obsidian, fortifying himself to the point of madness, never leaving his base) then I just leave the game, lol.
I loved the long games of EggWars with my friends.
Remember our 6 hours long game? It was fun. The way you fortified your base with obsidian to the point it looked more secure than area 51 was hilarious.

Reactions: Sweetenerera
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom