Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should translations for Discord Announcements be made?

• Yes

Votes: 29 96.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
One of the many things I like about CubeCraft is that they take the time to make translations for lots of different languages. They have things like regional channels, in-game translations, article translations (e.g. Rules), etc. However, there are still some things that are not translated, and are only meant to be read in English. One of which is Discord Announcements.

With the new Translator rank coming in, something that can give Translators something else to do is translate announcements on Discord. Before an announcement is made, the Translation Team could be notified of the announcement, giving them enough time to post the translation around the same time as the English announcement is made. The translated announcements would be posted in their designated channels (Español, Nederlands, Arabic, Other Languages. Excluding English), and pinned to the channel, so people can find it easily.
Only the purposeful announcements (not the ones meant for joking purposes) should be translated. At the bottom of every (purposeful) announcement, it should say "Translations for this announcement has been pinned in regional channels" (Yes, I know people in different languages won't know how to read that, but just for those who know a bit of English). For the Other Languages channel, a few other translations could be made for other common languages, such as Chinese, Dutch, Italian, etc.

The same goes for News announcements on the forums, but I might make a different thread about that. Let me know what you think! :)

Example of a translation in Spanish:
Annotation 2020-05-26 121312.png

Note: The name "Translator" is an example.

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Nice idea!
I was thinking, why not just make separate channels for those translated versions?
For example, under the important section of the discord server.
It would look like:
IMPORTANT
Rules
Announcements!
Anuncios
Then the rest of the languages there would be to offer (I only know English and spanish sorry everyone :3)

My reasoning, The point of announcements would be to see a collection of just announcements, having it in the main chat (For example #espanol) would probably cause it to get lost way up in the chat later on, so if you did wanna look back at it. It would take a lot longer rather than having it have its own dedicated section.

Reactions: East

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Nice idea!
I was thinking, why not just make separate channels for those translated versions?
For example, under the important section of the discord server.
It would look like:
IMPORTANT
Rules
Announcements!
Anuncios
Then the rest of the languages there would be to offer (I only know English and spanish sorry everyone :3)

My reasoning, The point of announcements would be to see a collection of just announcements, having it in the main chat (For example #espanol) would probably cause it to get lost way up in the chat later on, so if you did wanna look back at it. It would take a lot longer rather than having it have its own dedicated section.
Hi there, thanks for your reply
I think having lots of different announcement channels would make the server look somewhat unorganised. The reason I think having them in the regional channels would be better is because there aren't a lot of different speaking users on the Discord. While there are some, a lot of them do know how to speak English as well. Therefore there is less of a purpose to having five different announcement channels.
Also, there is a button on the top right corner of the screen in Discord that looks like a pin. From there, you can view every pinned message in the channel you are in. Only administrators (and in this case Translators) can pin messages. So that's an easier way for different speaking users to view translated announcements in the regional channels. :)

Reactions: Calichin
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Loskol's profile.
I got my 551th day streak on Duolingo today xD
Pluisje wrote on Assault's profile.
♥️♥️♥️
Pluisje wrote on Catss's profile.
Thanks for everything! Was great working on the team with you last year 🫶🏼
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Hello my friend how are you today?:D
UncleSpect wrote on Hqteful's profile.
come on mika
Top Bottom