Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59979

So, I have noticed that there is little understanding of some parts of the LGBT community and that it is an area that people lack knowledge in. In order to prevent people from doing things that they don't know that they shouldn't be doing, I am going to be starting a series of threads. These threads will each be based around a specific identity and the structure of each will depend on the event happening. Pride month in June will likely work differently. Feel free to leave questions down below and I will answer as best as I can :)

Please not that this is not a place to mock, bully, harass, invalidate etc anyone. This is purely for discussion and questions - If you are just going to be rude then leave.

The currently calendar so far is as follows:
22 - 28 October - Asexual awareness week
26 October - Intersex awareness day
13 - 20 November - Transgender awareness week
20 November - Transgender rememberence day (will likely be included in a post during trans awareness week)
9 December - Pansexual awareness week
If there are any events that I have missed or that you want me to cover then let me know :)

Asexual Awareness Week
To start off, lets talk about being asexual/aromantic

What does asexual mean?
Being asexual or aromantic means that you have no sexual or romantic attraction for anyone at all. Just like you might not like someone, people who are asexual/aromantic do not like anyone!

Facts:
- There are suprisingly few males who identify as asexual or aromantic - with 9% of asexual/aromantic people identifying as male, 51% as female and 40% as non-binary.
- Asexual people may still get into relationships. This depends on the person and their romantic attraction.
- Asexual and aromantic can be shortened down to "ace" and "aro". These terms are not offensive in any way, but are simply just shortened versions for simplicity.

Flag:
The asexual flag looks like this
Asexual Flag.png

With the aromantic flag looking like this
Aromantic Flag.png

Sources: http://www.asexualawarenessweek.com/index.html

And that is all for this week! Please leave all questions down below and I will answer them as best as I can (unless someone else beats me to it :p)

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I really feel that we don't need to keep categorising people into boxes like this, we don't need to make something thats unique about someone's character into a sexuality, I can't see what purpose this serves. In this case, I feel that this is more of personality trait than anything else, just how much appetite you have, if any at all, no big deal. I think there are much more pressing matters than this, like other LBGT stuff that is much more impactful to make a positive change in the world but I really think it's a box that doesn't need to be made, and we certainly don't need an awareness day for it. But thats just my take.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
While this may be a noble cause, this is the wrong community to be promoting topics like this, sorry. This is a Minecraft server network, kids come here to play games and have fun, not to be lectured or made aware on the morality of someones personal choices/lifestyle. Play games, have fun, that is why people are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
💙
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday:D
Reesle wrote on SalasmonkeGG's profile.
Thank you for the follow! :D
Pluisje wrote on Hoshi's profile.
💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼
Eli wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom