Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina
I think the reason Hypixel's Skyblock is so insanly popular is because... it's not actually really Skyblock.
Let's be real, if you play on Skyblock, you're barely actually on your island.
So.. I doubt that if CubeCraft would make a Skyblock, I'd be popular.
Skyblock is a common game, Pure Survival would be great, give it an opportunity and try it.

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina
Pure survival is not fun on a server. People will get close to spawn and ruin it for others. And playing survival in a world only for you is the same as single player.
The spawn is a place where you can't hit nobody, can't place any block, seems like you didn't read well my post.
And If you think the all the people are toxic, why are you here?
I'm talking about this minigame because it's really fun, if you haven't tried it, you can't speak badly about it.
To leave the spawn you click on a button or enter a portal and send you to a random place on the map, so nobody can troll you.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
The spawn is a place where you can't hit nobody, can't place any block, seems like you didn't read well my post.
Yeah but once spawn stops everyone will claim the area closest to it and the server will get full. I’ve seen enough DagelijksHadee videos to know about it.

And If you think the all the people are toxic, why are you here?
Where did I say that everyone is toxic? I didn’t mention the word toxic in this thread.

I'm talking about this minigame because it's really fun, if you haven't tried it, you can't speak badly about it.
I haven’t tried it but I have seen it and I have common sense. Make a suggestion if you think that your idea will work out and make a poll with yes or no. We’ll see the results soon.

To leave the spawn you click on a button or enter a portal and send you to a random place on the map, so nobody can troll you
But once players have horses, boats and other transportation ways they will for sure discover your place. Also every kind of loot will probably be gone, every village will be raided. No more woodland mansions to discover etcetc. The only thing you can do is build a base but I didn’t even mention the lag.

EDIT: the server you played on. How many players was the max they had on pure survival? And do you know which server had the max amount of players playing it at the same time? Just want to know how popular this game is.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina
Yeah but once spawn stops everyone will claim the area closest to it and the server will get full. I’ve seen enough DagelijksHadee videos to know about it.
The spawn is a construction, on that server it's a castle, the castle is protected in a large radio and its on the sea, it doesn't matter if people stay in the limit of the radio because the zone protected is really big and all use the random teleport.

Where did I say that everyone is toxic? I didn’t mention the word toxic in this thread.
There is the word "implicit" in case you don't know it, you didn't literally say toxic but you're implying that.
You are thinking badly of people. @Rivanaul too

I haven’t tried it but I have seen it and I have common sense. Make a suggestion if you think that your idea will work out and make a poll with yes or no. We’ll see the results soon.
I will do, and you try it, if you want, I can send you the name of the server in private.

But once players have horses, boats and other transportation ways they will for sure discover your place. Also every kind of loot will probably be gone, every village will be raided. No more woodland mansions to discover etcetc. The only thing you can do is build a base but I didn’t even mention the lag.
Actually, you can know where are the people, there is a map in the spawn where you can see where are the people. Literally.
You're exaggerating with the lag :p

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I tried that game on another server and it's amazing.
They have 2 special blocks: one that when placed anywhere, protects the area in a giant radio so nobody can destroy the blocks; the other block is for pvp, when you put it, the pvp is disabled.
Only the person who placed that blocks can remove it and can do it with a command.
They have too commands: you can save the coordinates of a place and wherever you where you can teleport to that place, the people with rank can use a command to fly, creative mode.
The creative mode is well implemented because just the people with rank can use the things of cretive mode, people without rank can't take it, when they try to catch a thing, dissapear.
It's a good minigame.
The server of that minigame is small, but all the people who join the server play that minigame.
Now, I think that on this server, where there are many more people, it would be a success
It'll still be a mess. Sure, with smaller servers it'll be fine, but with servers like CubeCraft, it'll be a mess.
They will always find a way to grief.
There's nothing to stop the inappropriate buildings nor the 1x1 towers.
Yeah, sure, they can add/make a plug-in that allows staff to see who placed what, but the amount of people making those 1x1 towers and inappropriate buildings will be way to much for staff to all punish.

Skyblock is a common game, Pure Survival would be great, give it an opportunity and try it.
Yes, I agree, pure survival is fun. But it's only fun when you invite a few/bunch (of) friends and playing together..
But it'll become a horrible game when it's a public server, and anyone can join if they want..
People can grief and hack and it'll just be a horrible experience.
And x-ray hackers are a lot more common then kill aura hackers in games like Skywars as far as I know.

I’ve seen enough DagelijksHadee videos to know about it.
You don't need to watch those video's to know people will grief and mess up the terrain. Basically any semi popular to popular public survival server has that..

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina
It'll still be a mess. Sure, with smaller servers it'll be fine, but with servers like CubeCraft, it'll be a mess.
That has solution.

They will always find a way to grief.
People can grief and hack and it'll just be a horrible experience.
With all the protections I said, if you say there are ways, tell me some, because I see it difficult, and I don't understand why you only focus on those kind of people, there is another one who likes survival mode.
In Skywars and Eggwars there are that kind of people and you're not sayins something. Just ban, that's it. All the games has that people, so, it's not something new to give so much importance.

Yes, I agree, pure survival is fun. But it's only fun when you invite a few/bunch (of) friends and playing together..
Playing with your friends is fun, but playing with more people is more fun. You don't fill a game in skywars or eggwars just with your friends, you play with different people and that's fun. Some people will use hacks or grief, yes, like all games, but that's why there is the report section.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
There is the word "implicit" in case you don't know it, you didn't literally say toxic but you're implying that.
You are thinking badly of people. @Rivanaul too
And that is based on what? Because I disagree with your idea as I have seen it going wrong? With how many people did you play on that server? Was it more than 100 at the same time? Btw no need to make this personal.

You're exaggerating with the lag :p
Probably not. I’ve played creative on CCG back in 2015/2016 and the server was so big that loading the chunks was a pain in the ass with a normal laptop/pc.

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
You can search that word on the internet or maybe you have a dictionary.
Don’t think you understand me. I asked why you think i’m toxic. How many threads and replies have you read of me? On what did you base your reply that i’m toxic.

It's hard to talk about this if you never played that minigame. Not imposible, because you can write nonsense.
But that’s not why you should call me toxic. Calling me toxic has nothing to do with this thread. I haven’t played the game, I have watched videos about it and I hated it. I also have played other games where a lot of people were able to join one server and I also hated it. Based on my experiences with massive servers I don’t like it.
I used to watch these kind of videos. I don’t like it when people already explored the world before me, claimed land that is valuable and etc. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I just disagree with your suggestion, but if we had to experience every suggestion before we can say our opinion, there would be a lack of creativity. Not even mentioning that CCG probably will not add this game as they now focus on updates instead of new games. I’m fine with playing survival with my friends. Max 20 people whitelisted but not more.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
I'd like Pure Survival, it's like when you play survival in single player, but this would be multiplayer xD

Sorry, but i think this is not a good idea at all.

Small note before starting, what you are describing is not pure survival, pure survival would be what people call "anarchy servers".

If cubecraft were to implement this, the server resources needed to pull this off would be way too big. (Minigame networks work so well becuase you can have hundreds or even thousands of smaller servers (or mini servers) running at once, since every same is separated, and you have at most 40 people in a single mini server. Minecraft (at least java edition) was not made for more than 50 people online in the same server, because minecraft cannot be parallelized easily, so you need a lot of single-thread power, and the best processor for that task is expensive and not even then able to run 300 players online without lag).

To pull this off cubecraft would have to choose one (or a mix) of three options:
  • A very small player cap,
  • A lot of lag (like A LOT, just look at anarchy servers),
  • Have to split up the survival into serveral smaller servers and different worlds, but that would make it boring, imagine cubecraft split survival into 4 smaller servers, server 1,2,3,4, and you started out in server 1 but your friend plays in server 3. You would need to start all over in your friend's server. This would also split the survival community.
The compromises that would be needed to make survival possible simply are way too many, in my opinion, and would create another thing for developers to put precious time into, time that could be spent fixing or making existing games better.

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina
Don’t think you understand me. I asked why you think i’m toxic. How many threads and replies have you read of me? On what did you base your reply that i’m toxic.
I didn't say you're toxic ._.
There are people who will use hacks and grief, yes, like all games, but that is why there is a section of reports.
You only talk about those people, not the people who like the survival mode. Why do you have to think about the worst?
If you don't like that kind of people, why are you here? I said that -.-

I used to watch these kind of videos. I don’t like it when people already explored the world before me, claimed land that is valuable and etc. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I just disagree with your suggestion, but if we had to experience every suggestion before we can say our opinion, there would be a lack of creativity. Not even mentioning that CCG probably will not add this game as they now focus on updates instead of new games. I’m fine with playing survival with my friends. Max 20 people whitelisted but not more.
I didn't understand this. I don't understand what do you mean with "claimed land that is valuable", you appear in a random place, you look for a place (normally a beatiful place) that you like and build your house, constructions.
I also don't understand that you don't like other people exploring before you, as if in 1 day you could see the whole map, it seems somewhat illogical xd, but hey, everyone with their preferences.
Sorry but I don't understand xDD

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina
Sorry, but i think this is not a good idea at all.

Small note before starting, what you are describing is not pure survival, pure survival would be what people call "anarchy servers".

If cubecraft were to implement this, the server resources needed to pull this off would be way too big. (Minigame networks work so well becuase you can have hundreds or even thousands of smaller servers (or mini servers) running at once, since every same is separated, and you have at most 40 people in a single mini server. Minecraft (at least java edition) was not made for more than 50 people online in the same server, because minecraft cannot be parallelized easily, so you need a lot of single-thread power, and the best processor for that task is expensive and not even then able to run 300 players online without lag).

To pull this off cubecraft would have to choose one (or a mix) of three options:
  • A very small player cap,
  • A lot of lag (like A LOT, just look at anarchy servers),
  • Have to split up the survival into serveral smaller servers and different worlds, but that would make it boring, imagine cubecraft split survival into 4 smaller servers, server 1,2,3,4, and you started out in server 1 but your friend plays in server 3. You would need to start all over in your friend's server. This would also split the survival community.
The compromises that would be needed to make survival possible simply are way too many, in my opinion, and would create another thing for developers to put precious time into, time that could be spent fixing or making existing games better.
I said Pure Survival is like survival mode in single player, but it is not literal.
Obviusly you can't let everyone on the server join the minigame, there has to be a limit of players

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Obviusly you can't let everyone on the server join the minigame, there has to be a limit of players

So if the server is capped at 40 players, and 100 players want to join, tough luck for the other 60?

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
No Luck, they'll have to wait the people leave to join.
It wouldn't be the first server to do this.
That ain’t happening. They used to have a maximum players at creative and assassination, it was a pain in the ass. It’s bad for business as people get to enjoy games less, which leads to less interest in the server and less people that buy things from the store. Also it could take up to hours to join games as you had to spam the sign with your mouse and have luck to join first if someone leaves. This is nowhere near fair and I am 100% sure that they won’t add limits to games like they used to.

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina
That ain’t happening. They used to have a maximum players at creative and assassination, it was a pain in the ass. It’s bad for business as people get to enjoy games less, which leads to less interest in the server and less people that buy things from the store. Also it could take up to hours to join games as you had to spam the sign with your mouse and have luck to join first if someone leaves. This is nowhere near fair and I am 100% sure that they won’t add limits to games like they used to.
There is always a limit, it's not something new and it's not a problem. And what's the difference between Pure Survival and Skyblock?, because you only critique my idea ._.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
There is always a limit, it's not something new and it's not a problem. And what's the difference between Pure Survival and Skyblock?, because you only critique my idea ._.

How is having way too little slots not an issue? The only way servers like 2b2t have such high demand that people wait up to 10 hrs in a queue it's because of it's history, culture and already established player base, as well as the lack of rules. A theoretical new survival server by cube would have none of that, people would not be willing to sit hours in queues. Also, what's in it for cubecraft in terms of making money? How would cube make a player that only played survival spend money on a rank without breaking the mojang EULA (being pay-to-win)? You also have to think about this, as cubecraft has to keep the servers running, pay developers and designers, so a survival server would be really unprofitable for cube.

I am only discussing survival because skyblock can be split up into smaller, interconnectef servers, like every othet server that has skyblock or similar does. I'm only discussing if it's possible, not if it should exist.

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina
How is having way too little slots not an issue? The only way servers like 2b2t have such high demand that people wait up to 10 hrs in a queue it's because of it's history, culture and already established player base, as well as the lack of rules. A theoretical new survival server by cube would have none of that, people would not be willing to sit hours in queues.
10 hours, you exaggerate -.-, maximum about 25 min.
The biggest server in Spanish (I don't know if I can say the name, I will not say it for security e-e) had more players than Cubecraft and also had Pure Survival and when it was full you could wait up to 20 min maximum. This happened last year.

@Waterguy_12 @Marieke2001 @Rivanaul
I just give a suggestion and you just look for problems / mistakes and don't say the good things. If you only look for errors to discard games, then your logic is incorrect. First hackers, bad people, lag, server, waiting time, another started talking to me about money and in all of them I answered and as you know I'm right, you kept looking for other things. Skywars and Eggwars have problems too, all the games have problems, but also have good things
You have to see the good and bad things and put them on a scale, if the good things weigh more, then it's ok.
I usually get along with people, but you made me angry.

Btw no need to make this personal.
It seems you did this personal.

This is my last post. If you're intelligent and understand what I wrote, don't answer me. This thread is for give suggestions, not to discuss and criticize them.
Peace :)

peace-im-out-meme.jpg

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
if the good things weigh more, then it's ok.
And what if the bad things weigh more? Can we disagree then? Because literally the only positive thing I see is playing survival with my friends, which I can also do on a private server.

It seems you did this personal.
How is this personal? I’m not discussing your personality in any way. You did by calling me toxic.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom