Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
among slimes guide.jpg

Among Slimes: How To Play
Among slimes is a game of deception and lying, and in among slimes there are two types of players: Impostors and Crewmates. The goal of the crewmates is to eliminate every remaining impostor or complete every task in the game, while impostors try to kill or vote off every crewmate until the amount of crewmates left is equal to the amount of impostors left.

Tasks
Crewmates are each assigned 6 different tasks, and tasks are the most important actions of the game. Impostors do not get tasks, so doing tasks will also be a way to clear a fellow crewmate's name and find out the impostors by clearing crewmates. But how to tell if someone is faking their task or not? There is a taskbar on the top of your screen called "Total Tasks Completed". If this taskbar goes up when the person you are watching is done with their task, you can assume they are a crewmate. But beware: Taskbar only goes up when a person has completed all the steps of a task. While tasks like card swipe in Admin or select number in order in TNT are 1-step tasks and easy way to clear people, there are 2 and 3 step tasks like batteries or wires. So, make sure to know the amount of steps a task has before accusing someone! You can also continue doing your tasks as a ghost, so don't leave your team behind if you get killed!

Sabotages and Vents
While the impostors aren't assigned tasks, they do get sabotages, and vents. Sabotages, along with the ability to kill of course, have cooldowns in between. Sabotages are different chaos events that cause certain issues, and players cannot call meetings while sabotages are in effect. Dead impostors can still use sabotages.

There are 5 sabotages in total:
TNT Crisis - To fix this crisis, crewmates must step on both pressure platers in the TNT room at the same time. If they fail to do so before the timer runs out, the game ends and impostors win.
O2 Crisis - To fix this crisis, crewmates must enter the code in Admin and O2 rooms. If they fail to do so before the timer runs out, the game ends and impostors win.
Lights - This is the most common sabotage in Among Slimes. Players get a blindness effect when the lights are out, so it's the perfect opportunity for the impostors to take action. To fix this crisis, crewmates must switch on all the lights in the electrical room. Pay close attention to sounds when lights are out, you might hear a kill!
Communications - This is the least popular sabotage in Among Slimes. Comms sabotage blocks the taskbar and the map in the Admin room.
It takes very long to fix, but it's the least effective sabotage. Impostors usually use this sabotage to fake tasks or kill the last player when they only have 1 person left to kill.
Doors - You can close the doors in selected areas to trap players in. Doors are different from other sabotages, you can have multiple doors closed at the same time but you can't use another sabotage while the doors are closed, or can't close doors while another sabotage is happening. Players can still call meetings when doors are closed, and closing doors do not start the cooldown of other sabotages.

Vents are big tools for impostors to pull tricks on killing people and escaping. Crewmates cannot enter vents, or see people in the vents, but they can hear the impostors getting in and out of the vents. If you see someone jump in a vent, immediately run to the meeting button and get them voted off! Cooldowns are stopped in vents, so do not try to cheat your way out of your kill cooldowns by going in the vents!

Meetings
Everyone in the game can call a meeting once per game, but meetings cannot be called during a crisis. In the meetings, everyone shares their foundings, their ideas of accusations and who is suspicious, and in the end, after discussion and voting, either the meeting is skipped or the majority-voted person gets kicked out of the ship. Meetings also take place after a body gets reported.

Map - Cams
Done with your tasks and have nothing to do? Suspecting people and you wonder where they are? Cameras and the admin map are the perfect tools to help you catch impostors or locate crewmates! The map on the Admin shows the places every player is at, and it's an effective way to tell who was with who, or telling if someone vented. But comms sabotage will disable the map from being seen, make sure to fix comms if you want to continue stalking people!

Cameras are located in Security, and you can see 4 locations in the cameras: TNT corridor, Cafeteria - Upper Engine corridor, Navigation corridor and Admin corridor. Cameras are very helpful tools to help catch impostors, but if the lights are out, you get a huge blindness that limits your vision drastically in cameras. Make sure to fix lights as quick as you can!

Personal Tips & Tricks
Crewmate:

- When the game starts, go to admin first, even if you don't have swipe or wires. It's the best way to early-clear people and for people to clear you. Keep your eye on everyone since people usually try to fake swipe.
- In Admin, there is only upload, no download. So if the taskbar doesn't go up or they try to go to Admin right at the beginning to do upload, it means they are faking the task.
- If you notice anyone blatantly avoiding 1-step tasks, make sure to follow them, until you can confirm them.
- If someone is trying to punch you when you are alone or lights are out, do your best to run away. There is a super high chance they are trying to kill you.
- When the lights are out, camp in the corner near the vent in Medbay. You may catch an impostor trying to escape after having killed someone in Electrical.
- During the O2 crisis, if you see someone entering the code before you, do not immediately put in the code. What I do is enter the code but leave the last number on purpose, to see if the person will fix it before me or not. If they don't after a few seconds, you can safely assume they are an impostor and call a meeting.
- Impostors often try to avoid doing tasks by going to cams or look at the map, so if you see someone sticking around the cams or the map way too long early-game, you might add them on your suspicion list.
- If someone is following you, this is no reason to call a meeting and accuse them, they are probably just trying to watch you do a task. Use this as an opportunity to clear yourself.
- Pay attention to EVERYONE you pass by, and where they are headed to. If someone reports a dead body where you saw a person was going to, you might've passed by the impostor.

Impostor:
- Avoid going to admin early at all costs, entering a room and not doing a task would make you look very suspicious. You might risk doing wires in admin, but people might still be onto you and you might have to clear people who did swipe, so just stay out of admin. What I prefer to do is go to comms and fake download until my kill and lights cooldown is up, I just sabotage lights, head over to Navigation and kill the first person I see, and escape using the nearest vent.
- If a player is onto you, bait them into somewhere alone like O2 or security, where you can safely kill them while no one is looking and make your grand escape.
- Although clearing a lot of people would eventually make you stand out, you need to clear or stay close to 1 or 2 people. You need to gain trust by running around with people, and pretending to find a body that you just killed along with your crewmate friends, you can go as "Me and [Color] found [Color] dead in Navigation".
- Avoid 1-step tasks. Medbay, wires and batteries are great tasks to fake, but download is the best task to fake, since it takes a while to complete and you can use the opportunity to wait for your kill and sabotage cooldowns to end. Don't vent too much, people might eventually catch you. Try to catch and kill people looking at map and cams first, so they don't bring up much trouble later.
- If you were seen killing someone, immediately report the body yourself and shift the blame onto the person who accused you.

That's all for now folks! Hope this guide was helpful! ♥️

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
Woowww thanks! I've never played the original before 😬 and I'm kinda being forced to play Among Slimes. Now I know what I should do. True story 😛
You should definitely give it a go! It's easily my favorite game on Cube and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do, I am just glad that my guide was able to motivate you into playing it! 😅

• Love
Reactions: IWontHurtYou
Top Bottom