Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should be done?

• Total voters

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
This topic has been brought up every now and then in the past, but I'd like to do it once again. Some of the allowed mods give players an definititve advantage that is unfair in my opinion. Players should be able to use an unmodded client to play the game.

Health Tags
Mods that show your opponents health are a rather big advantage. You can easily disable them by sending wrong health values to the client. Another option would be to add server side health tags for everyone but I think that's a bad idea and will negatively affect the games. Doing nothing is even worse though.

Armor HUD
I would support banning armor HUD, but since it's basically undetectable that wouldn't be feasible. In games that include your armor breaking, it's a huge advantage to know so beforehand, allowing you to back off or eat a golden apple. To make it at least a little less unfair, you should add a sound that is played when your armor breaks. This should be in vanilla minecraft anyway, but I think it would be pretty easy to just implement that feature on the server instead of waiting for it to be fixed.

Fullbright
It's possible to change the brightness in the config file even without using mods, but that's pretty inconvenient, especially if you play on other servers that don't allow that so you have to change it back and forth. To give players equal chances on night maps and UHC's you could add a command that toggles the nightvision effect. This may sound like it will make the game too easy, but you have to keep in mind that some players have this advantage already.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Health tags has been debateable for a long time but in my opinion its not an advantage, all it is just an addional indicator on top of what vanilla Minecraft already provides to know a players health also some players like me like to see how close a player was if we get killed

Armour Hud does not provide an advantage at all, mostly because by the time your able to switch your armour you already lost alot of health, also i can almost gurantee thisll never be banned because of players that are either color blind or have poor vision and cant see the durability bar at all putting them at an extreme disadvantage

Reactions: Capitan

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Health tags has been debateable for a long time but in my opinion its not an advantage, all it is just an addional indicator on top of what vanilla Minecraft already provides to know a players health also some players like me like to see how close a player was if we get killed
In many situations they definitely are an advantage. When fighting multiple players you can focus on the one that is on lower health. When you see your opponent is on half a heart you can start to hit with uncharged hits. It help to decide wether to back off and eat or deal the final damage to kill your opponent. Vanilla minecraft doesn't even give you the chance to calculate your opponents health if you don't know what health they started the fight with and more importantly how much saturation they had.

Armour Hud does not provide an advantage at all, mostly because by the time your able to switch your armour you e already lost alot of health, aso i can almost gurantee thill never be banned because if player that are either color blind or have poor vision and cant see the durability bar at all
I have been playing with armor HUD for a long time. If your armor is about to break, knowing it in advance is a definite advantage. If you're at low health when your armor breaks, your opponent can kill you before you are able to replace it. If you eat a golden apple before it breaks, you'll probably have enough time to replace the armor. Colorblindness as a reason doesn't really make sense to me, the color of the durability bar just depends on the resource pack, colorblind people will probably have to make other adjustments as well. But I'm not even asking for them to be banned, just to add a notification to make it easier for other players to notice their armor already broke. Another notification when an armor piece reaches low durability might be nice as well, but I'm not sure how to implement that in a way that is intuitive and not annoying like a chat message.

A

A pigeon

Coloyr blind people can see yellow FYI , and can also see grey. That know when its depleting.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
In many situations they definitely are an advantage. When fighting multiple players you can focus on the one that is on lower health. When you see your opponent is on half a heart you can start to hit with uncharged hits. It help to decide wether to back off and eat or deal the final damage to kill your opponent. Vanilla minecraft doesn't even give you the chance to calculate your opponents health if you don't know what health they started the fight with and more importantly how much saturation they had.
That dosent matter, if they start running away they are alyways 1-3 hearts away from death in my opinion its -1 from me while it does give an advantage, its not a very good advantage

Reactions: Capitan

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I disagree, knowning your enemys health is a massive advantage. You can decide whether to stay defensive, run, eat food or anything else that you can only do when your enemy is weak,strong etc. And your last argument. Its not terribly difficult to just make the server tell you how much health someone had left when killing you.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
There's no mod that I hate more than damage indicators. I actually hate it more than hack clients just because its allowed. I've been meaning to make a video showing off how much of an advantage damage indicators gives you in 1.9 and this reminds me to make it...
It annoys me that something as situational as togglesneak is banned still but Danage indicators, which gives an advantage in every fight, is still allowed.

I just want them to play the vanilla armor break sound as well. I don't really want them to ban armor hud because 5zig text macros are amazing. :')

I wouldn't mind a nightvision command but I don't think full bright gives enough of an advantage where it would be worth adding.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
There's no mod that I hate more than damage indicators. I actually hate it more than hack clients just because its allowed. I've been meaning to make a video showing off how much of an advantage damage indicators gives you in 1.9 and this reminds me to make it...
It annoys me that something as situational as togglesneak is banned still but Danage indicators, which gives an advantage in every fight, is still allowed.

I just want them to play the vanilla armor break sound as well. I don't really want them to ban armor hud because 5zig text macros are amazing. :')

I wouldn't mind a nightvision command but I don't think full bright gives enough of an advantage where it would be worth adding.
Fullbright was actually a hack but because you can change the text file to turn up the gamma fullbright is no longer beneficial

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Here's an arguement : IF health tags are truly not an advantage , then whats te harm in makin them futile? Send the false health data.
Adding to that, if you just want to know your opponents health when they killed you, they could add a feature that tells they killed player (and only that player) the health of the player that killed them in the chat. That has been suggested before and I like the idea.

Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
I feel that these ideas would have to be considered thoroughly and possibly for only certain game types as well. I, in some way, disagree on the health tags but there is an advantage towards if they are added as we will be able to learn of more regen hackers within using this. However, then again it is always nice to have that battle where you believe your opponent is low and it turns out that they have killed you when they have a few more hearts than you anticipated.

Armour HUD again I have used in the past in many places and I find that whilst it can be helpful and undetectable it is quite uncertain. I personally believe it will not be added to the approved mod list soon and if it is then I can see why with enough community demand present. Whilst it is not a huge game changer there are many advantages and disadvantages of allowing this type of mod on cube craft.

Full bright. Personally, I am in agreeance to this mod as there are many UHC packs that grant that of a light map (basically full bright). My preference for this mod is to state that this MUST NOT be game changing and if so shall result in that of a ban. I believe if anything Light maps and gamma cannot be detected at all unless given video evidence by the player. So I am all for those as I use them sometimes when I play UHC elsewhere

I can definitely see where your points are coming from and I am looking forward to seeing some staff comments on this thread!

L

Lightning McQueen

I feel that these ideas would have to be considered thoroughly and possibly for only certain game types as well. I, in some way, disagree on the health tags but there is an advantage towards if they are added as we will be able to learn of more regen hackers within using this. However, then again it is always nice to have that battle where you believe your opponent is low and it turns out that they have killed you when they have a few more hearts than you anticipated.

Armour HUD again I have used in the past in many places and I find that whilst it can be helpful and undetectable it is quite uncertain. I personally believe it will not be added to the approved mod list soon and if it is then I can see why with enough community demand present. Whilst it is not a huge game changer there are many advantages and disadvantages of allowing this type of mod on cube craft.

Full bright. Personally, I am in agreeance to this mod as there are many UHC packs that grant that of a light map (basically full bright). My preference for this mod is to state that this MUST NOT be game changing and if so shall result in that of a ban. I believe if anything Light maps and gamma cannot be detected at all unless given video evidence by the player. So I am all for those as I use them sometimes when I play UHC elsewhere

I can definitely see where your points are coming from and I am looking forward to seeing some staff comments on this thread!
I believe any anticheat can pick up on regen hacks. Never seen them so I doubt they egen exist.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016

Those mods are already allowed. http://cbecrft.net/mods (Brightness can be achieved my manually editing the config file).
Banning those mods wouldn't really help, even if they wanted to, because most players wouldn't stop using them anyways. My suggestions are to make it more fair for players without them. Regen hacks should be rather easy to fix on the server side, I don't know if any regen hacks currently work. Those changes should be in all gamemodes. If the mod gives an advantage there it should be done to make the games more fair, if it does not give an advantage, it won't hurt (e.g. if your armor doesn't break or it's bright anyway).

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thunder wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
happy birthday!
Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
❤️❤️❤️
Top Bottom