Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
https://medal.tv/games/minecraft/clips/upJAyTlLPPSfj/d1337sUF1Uk7?invite=cr-MSxWdUEsNzQ3Njc4Njgs

This record by @Ariiek has been set yesterday. It’s a nice record that makes use of two difficult techniques; edge jumping and swimming. Edge jumping is an allowed technique, that requires you to land (frame perfect) on the edge of a block. Swimming would’ve been too, weren’t it for the fact that some corrupt contributors (those who regulate the CC BOWR server) decided it would be a bad idea if one of their friends lost their world record.

@Tactimon has discovered this shortcut and it’s quite a nice one. You need to edge jump, land perfectly in the water, swim to the nearest platform and finish the parkour asap. Doing this will result in a time around 11 seconds. (Unfortunaly Tactimon’s record is lost, so I have chosen Ariiek’s record for this case)

The current record is around 14 seconds, so you’ll beat the WR by around 3 seconds.

93822A3E-E69C-451A-ACA8-8976EDA3155A.jpeg

To further underline my point, these are the rules currently being used for parkour records. It clearly states shortcuts are allowed. While water may be seen as a solid substance irl, in Minecraft it is coded as a block. Touching the surface will teleport you back. However, doing this carefully will make sure you reach the other side.

If you feel like this won’t be a good idea i have a second suggestion. Make a separate category for parkour records that make use of swimming. This means more world records and would also increase the willingness to play parkour.

Have fun speedrunning and remember to take a break sometimes. For example a fresh bath in a nice pool, which is what this suggestion is all about.

Ariiek

Dec 12, 2021
https://medal.tv/games/minecraft/clips/upJAyTlLPPSfj/d1337sUF1Uk7?invite=cr-MSxWdUEsNzQ3Njc4Njgs

This record by @Ariiek has been set yesterday. It’s a nice record that makes use of two difficult techniques; edge jumping and swimming. Edge jumping is an allowed technique, that requires you to land (frame perfect) on the edge of a block. Swimming would’ve been too, weren’t it for the fact that some corrupt contributors (those who regulate the CC BOWR server) decided it would be a bad idea if one of their friends lost their world record.

@Tactimon has discovered this shortcut and it’s quite a nice one. You need to edge jump, land perfectly in the water, swim to the nearest platform and finish the parkour asap. Doing this will result in a time around 11 seconds. (Unfortunaly Tactimon’s record is lost, so I have chosen Ariiek’s record for this case)

The current record is around 14 seconds, so you’ll beat the WR by around 3 seconds.

View attachment 213589

To further underline my point, these are the rules currently being used for parkour records. It clearly states shortcuts are allowed. While water may be seen as a solid substance irl, in Minecraft it is coded as a block. Touching the surface will teleport you back. However, doing this carefully will make sure you reach the other side.

If you feel like this won’t be a good idea i have a second suggestion. Make a separate category for parkour records that make use of swimming. This means more world records and would also increase the willingness to play parkour.

Have fun speedrunning and remember to take a break sometimes. For example a fresh bath in a nice pool, which is what this suggestion is all about.
I love this post and very much agree!
Justice for swimming!

Reactions: Komodо
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom