Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like this to be added?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 469419

Hello, it's me with another suggestion :)

Currently when you try to report someone at the forums, if there's troubles while you're reporting them, you get an alert. Over time, I've could notice that there's no a warning to player who has already been punished via other report or by a staff in-game. So that's just a waste of moderators' precious time and also a bad 'closed' tag. So today I'll suggest adding a new alert that disallow you to report someone that has been already punished by other staff member either in game or through other report. Next, I'll put an example to let you all know what is this about:

Example.jpg

As I said above, this would avoid the amount of time that staffs have looked into already-handled reports. I'll be honest though; I don't know if this is possible or not to add, but it would be amazing to have something like this implemented.

Feel free to give your feedback and give any kind of reactions. Thanks for reading it out!

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
This is a fantastic idea and this would also be amazing for bedrock report's also so we know that the person we are about to report has already been reported or not.

D

Deleted member 469419

This is a fantastic idea and this would also be amazing for bedrock report's also so we know that the person we are about to report has already been reported or not.
The problem with bedrock it's that the submit reports place is a sub-forums, so it would be impossible I think to add something like this. Anyway, for this, already exist a "Already punished" tag. One option I see here, it's to put bedrock reports submit place into the same as java, so it would be easier.

____

Sep 14, 2019
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mobile.twitter.com
Hmm, for a staff member to deny a report only takes up a few seconds of their time - they can instantly see if the reported player is punished, so you aren’t quite wasting ones time when you report a player who was already punished for the same offense. For me, it would be an unnecessary addition but I’d love to hear the opinion of a moderator :)

Reactions: remio and Lozora
D

Deleted member 469419

Hmm, for a staff member to deny a report only takes up a few seconds of their time - they can instantly see if the reported player is punished, so you aren’t quite wasting ones time when you report a player who was already punished for the same offense. For me, it would be an unnecessary addition but I’d love to hear the opinion of a moderator :)
It would be an easier way to avoid things like this. Wouldn't be better if you can't report an already punished player instead of this? Staffs are humans so they can make mistakes and punish a player twice (although this is not a common thing).

D

Deleted member 469419

Why would a closed tag be bad? Who cares? I don’t know if reporting is about getting the most handled reports or about punishing rulebreakers for you, so I don’t know why a closed tag would be bad.
You look for the minimum mistake to criticize a suggestions (:
Although this is a feedback and it's nothing bad actually, I'd like you focus on the thread giving a better arguments about why wouldn't you like to see this implemented (if that's the case).

A close tag isn't a bad thing, but I just said it to add something to the thread.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hai

I completely agree with what Mythoid said, closing a report just takes a few seconds of our time. It's also not about "wasting" our time when you report someone who has already been punished, it's our job to deal with reports even if they have been punished already.

Having a closed report does not have to mean something bad, in most cases it's even positive! If your report gets closed because the player got punished already then that closed report shows that you were right! - we just had to close it because they already got punished.

Your idea is not a bad idea but it's not a necessary addition to our reports site :) - It's good to see that you make a lot of suggestions to improve our server, keep it up!

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Oh and also, I wasn’t criticising the suggestion, I was just wondering about that sentence. I’m not gonna vote cuz I couldn’t care less if this is implemented or not.

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
The problem with bedrock it's that the submit reports place is a sub-forums, so it would be impossible I think to add something like this. Anyway, for this, already exist a "Already punished" tag. One option I see here, it's to put bedrock reports submit place into the same as java, so it would be easier.
I would agree with this. I do wonder why they did them in different places...

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I actually disagree with this suggestion. I think with this being implemented some players don’t get the punishment which they receive. For example I’ve reported someone in the past who received a warning, a few minutes later I saw them doing the same punishable thing again. With this being implemented I wouldn’t be able to report them again, which makes it possible for players to do punishable things without having a chance to get reported for a certain amount of time.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
I do wonder why they did them in different places...
The java report site has been created half a decade ago, for the sole purpose of Java reports. At that point of time Bedrock had never even been mentioned, nor did we though we would have a platform on it. As we currently have no Bedrock system attached to our reports.cubecraft.net it means that every bedrock username doesn’t exist according to the report site and you can’t report names with a space in it (I think). Which is why we separated the places to report on.
EDIT; this is also why you cant use /registerreports on Bedrock

____

Sep 14, 2019
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mobile.twitter.com
It would be an easier way to avoid things like this. Wouldn't be better if you can't report an already punished player instead of this? Staffs are humans so they can make mistakes and punish a player twice (although this is not a common thing).
The risks of false punishments already exists (though small), whether it’s from an accepted or denied report. Reporting someone who was already punished really isn’t a big deal - it can even a good thing, it means you were right! In my opinion, it shouldn’t be necessarily something we must avoid (as Lozora already said).

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I think this is a very good idea, this would be very good for people who report daily on the reports page and are quite active.

Example: You find a hacker in a SkyWars game or other mode, record it and upload it to YouTube to report it. You just report it and see in the chat this player has been banned.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Hai

I completely agree with what Mythoid said, closing a report just takes a few seconds of our time. It's also not about "wasting" our time when you report someone who has already been punished, it's our job to deal with reports even if they have been punished already.

Having a closed report does not have to mean something bad, in most cases it's even positive! If your report gets closed because the player got punished already then that closed report shows that you were right! - we just had to close it because they already got punished.

Your idea is not a bad idea but it's not a necessary addition to our reports site :) - It's good to see that you make a lot of suggestions to improve our server, keep it up!
I totally disagree with you. I don't think this user is referring to a Staff closing a report, I think he is referring to what I said before. Or at least that by denying the report that doesn't say "Closed", maybe you can say "Already Punished".

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I totally disagree with you. I don't think this user is referring to a Staff closing a report, I think he is referring to what I said before. Or at least that by denying the report that doesn't say "Closed", maybe you can say "Already Punished".
What would be different between "already punished" and "closed" as they basically mean the same?

D

Deleted member 469419

Yeah, I'm aware of that.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Top Bottom