Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
´
Ok, So even if it doesn't accidentially collect too much information that is still not acceptable.

By using the Badlion Client, you consent to the collection and analysis of information from your computer that TEO deems reasonably necessary to identify and prevent the use of cheat software, files used to gain an unfair advantage, and to enforce bans. This information collection is not strictly limited to when you are logged in to the Badlion Client. Information analyzed or collected by the Badlion Client may include hardware, network and software identifiers; running programs; system configuration information; files or data suspected of being used to cheat or gain an unfair advantage; or screenshots while you are logged in and playing a game through the Badlion Client.
So they can collect a list of all programs that I use, my system config files or any suspicious files that they decide are relevant. They can send ANY file from my computer to their server and permanently store it there.

TEO may also collect information from commercially available sources that it deems credible. Such information may include your name, address, email address and demographic data.
And now they also link my name and address to that. Good thing they are big computer geniuses so it's impossible for their database to get hacked. But even then, they'll still give it to the government if they ask. I don't neccessarily plan anything illegal, but I still don't want that.

TEO will only share your personal information:
[...]
E. As required by a duly authorized request from a government authority, to comply with any law, regulation, warrant, subpoena or order from a court or governmental authority, and to help prevent or investigate suspected fraud, harassment or violation of any law, rule, regulation, TEO policy or TEO terms and conditions;
[...]

Oh and also:
TEO Sites prohibit registration by, and TEO will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, anyone under the age of 13.
Not even with consent of a parent.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
If cubecraft wanted something like this the devs are so good they could get it done well.
Haha no. This is just an anticheat. This is a whole new field. Anyway why would you try to remake it if it already exists and is fine with cooperating?

´

Ok, So even if it doesn't accidentially collect too much information that is still not acceptable.

So they can collect a list of all programs that I use, my system config files or any suspicious files that they decide are relevant. They can send ANY file from my computer to their server and permanently store it there.

And now they also link my name and address to that. Good thing they are big computer geniuses so it's impossible for their database to get hacked. But even then, they'll still give it to the government if they ask. I don't neccessarily plan anything illegal, but I still don't want that.

Oh and also:

Not even with consent of a parent.
Everyone kinda does that though: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement

Reactions: 0ffense

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Reactions: CommunistCactus

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Ok listen everyone. I'm going to say 3 things. Listen closely...
1. This is not mandatory.
2. It prevents players from being false banned by Sentinel
3. It prevents players from hacking
4. No hacked client dev has managed to bypass this anticheat as far as I know. Some did manage to get an anti-sentinel mode however.
5. Please read comments in it's entirety to prevent unnecessary arguments.
6. This opens a lot of possibilities for competitive modes.
2. Just because mac/linux users can't use it does not mean that others won't find it useful, this will in no way harm mac users. Not to mention Mac OS price per FPS is utterly terrible. (not that os defines fps but the fact that they spend so much money on potatoes). I hear there are ways to run windows on a mac for like 20$. The mac os is at least 20 times that. Also the fps on a mac is limiting enough that competitive modes would be incredibly hard to compete in. But still, just focus on the first sentence.
3. Just because autoclickers might bypass (probably don't) doesn't mean we should slow down development for a competitive gamemode. The benefits vastly outweigh any small chance that there is something that might bypass (which there isn't). While we're at it lets remove sentinel because there are things that bypass it.

Let me rephrase,
There are great benefits about doing this and no one's experience on the server gets worse.
Chill my guy I was on mobile ok...
This got WAY to much attention in my opinion. If cubecraft wanted something like this the devs are so good they could get it done well.
Wow really. Do you not want your legit reports handled faster? Fine then, be that way...

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Ok listen everyone. I'm going to say 3 things. Listen closely...
Quote:
1. This is not mandatory.
[...]
3. It prevents players from hacking
[...]
6. This opens a lot of possibilities for competitive modes.
Can you explain what possibilities it opens? I asked this before and someone said it could be mandatory in competitive games, but you say it's not mandatory? I don't want Mac and Linux users to be banned from competitive game modes. I am sorry I'm asking this once again, but how does it prevent me from hacking if it is not mandatory?

What do you think about secutity concerns? I don't want my files and process lists sent to any server.

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Can you explain what possibilities it opens? I asked this before and someone said it could be mandatory in competitive games, but you say it's not mandatory? I don't want Mac and Linux users to be banned from competitive game modes.

That's what I was gonna say. And if the competitive modes include Egg Wars, Sky Wars, and Lucky Islands, then I can't play the biggest games on the server because I'm on mac. If I can't play those games, I'm quitting and going to some other server.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
That's what I was gonna say. And if the competitive modes include Egg Wars, Sky Wars, and Lucky Islands, then I can't play the biggest games on the server because I'm on mac. If I can't play those games, I'm quitting and going to some other server.
I said to add a second mode that would require BLC. So do something like replace speed eggwars with competitive eggwars. That way MAC people don't get completely shut off from eggwars.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
What would be the difference between Egg Wars and Competitive Egg Wars?
Some sort of rating or elo system in order to track skill. Maybe more game balance and less random "fun" things such as punch bow.
Can you explain what possibilities it opens? I asked this before and someone said it could be mandatory in competitive games, but you say it's not mandatory? I don't want Mac and Linux users to be banned from competitive game modes. I am sorry I'm asking this once again, but how does it prevent me from hacking if it is not mandatory?

What do you think about secutity concerns? I don't want my files and process lists sent to any server.
This could be used to prove that you are legit. For example if I run into some brain dead child who thinks vanilla minecraft reach is 2 blocks and they start hackusating me I can show I am on bac. This could end a lot of false reports and bans.

The client would only be mandatory to play this competitive gamemode.

The creators of BAC don't have any reason to look at your "files". The only sort of thing they can do on such a large scale is what Facebook did recently. Simply finding better advertisements to target you. This is what they mean when they say "selling your data". Do you want dog food advertisements if you don't own a dog? Minecraft advertisements when you already own the game? This is all they can really do on such a large scale. You think masterGBerry has time to go through all 501,000 people who downloaded this program or the 3,619 people using it right now? I also doubt the information gets sent to the server, instead badlion client can tell if what you are using is legal and only badlion client servers know what is going on with your computer. This means you can never go on a sketchy server and get your information privately stolen. By logging onto any server they can learn your IP (unless you have a vpn). I'm pretty sure this means they can know where you live or maybe they can DDOS you. This is any server out there anywhere.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Appreciate your activity on the Cube discord. Nice to see from staff members :). Goodluck with all and thanks for all you've done
_youssefxkill_ wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
how can i appeal for a discord ban, my user: luffy_indexgun2
AnolTongi wrote on mitgobla's profile.
You are an amazing person, I really hope you know that. Good luck with the future, man! Stay amazing.
Matriox wrote on Silverlace's profile.
Goodluck with everything :(
Matriox wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Appreciate you being active on the discord server and asking any questions members had. Goodluck with your future plans
Top Bottom