Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Why does the name of the mode matter? Just change the name. As I said, call it rush mode and add projectiles after 10 minutes, doesn't make a difference.
The name can change everything. Rush mode, as you said, is different from Skywars/No projectiles. No projectiles is the name used to say that no ranged weapons will be available, while Rush mode, in definition of rush, it's like a match of 5 minutes. It would be calm mode XD. But seriously, the name changes everything, as it says what the gamemode is about.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
-1 its called no proj for a reason. If this was added that'd defeat the point of the option existing. Just craft arrows with the items or shovel up snowballs, until the build height limit is lowered, if at all.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
-1 its called no proj for a reason. If this was added that'd defeat the point of the option existing. Just craft arrows with the items or shovel up snowballs, until the build height limit is lowered, if at all.

Well, you have to look at why there is a mode with no projectiles. In short no projectiles means that normal players can rush mid and stuff without being hit off. After 10 minutes, if the game is still going, there could only be one reason: someone is skybasing. Therefore, adding projectiles after 10 minutes doesn't defeat the purpose because it doesn't affect anyone but skybasers, and skybasing is already against the rules anyway.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Well, you have to look at why there is a mode with no projectiles. In short no projectiles means that normal players can rush mid and stuff without being hit off. After 10 minutes, if the game is still going, there could only be one reason: someone is skybasing. Therefore, adding projectiles after 10 minutes doesn't defeat the purpose because it doesn't affect anyone but skybasers, and skybasing is already against the rules anyway.
It stays no projectiles mode..

And what if they're camping on a skybasing with walls and a roof.. so basically is they're camping in a house? How are projectiles going to help you out then

Reactions: Lilleh__ and Priley

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
It stays no projectiles mode..

And what if they're camping on a skybasing with walls and a roof.. so basically is they're camping in a house? How are projectiles going to help you out then

Well the skybasers I see aren't skybasing with a house. They just make narrow bridges. If they build a house that means I can build up to them and they will have a hard time hitting me off, so I wont need projectiles for them. Even though projectiles don't help with those kinds of skybasers though, doesn't mean they shouldn't be added. There is no reason why projectiles can't be added to prevent people from stalling the game against the rules.

Also, as I have said a billion times, it doesn't matter that it's called no projectiles mode. Just call it something else. It will still serve the same purpose if projectiles are added after 10 minutes, and wouldn't affect anyone but skybasers.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell

Do you even play skywars? How do you find feathers to craft arrows or string to craft a bow? There's no way. Most maps don't have snow either. I said add projectiles after 10 minutes. Skywars games can only last 10 minutes if someone skybases, so the only thing that changes if projectiles are added in refills after 10 minutes is that skybasers can be defeated.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I know skybasing is bannable, but I want a way to stop them anyways because people don't care that it's against the rules. The problem is, I don't want to fight people on bridges, because that means they might be able to knock me down. If it were a fair fight on the ground I win most of the time because I am quite good at pvp and also I have a habit of speedbridging to mid to get as much loot as possible, so I also usually outgear people. They can basically level the playing field by forcing me to fight up high. Also, some of them just stay on the skybridges and run forever, and there is no way to stop them since they build at sky limit and I cannot place blocks above their bridges to stop them.

To you guys, I first have to say that no projectiles is just the name because the mode has no projectiles. It doesn't have to be no projectiles to serve the same purpose it currently does. Adding projectiles after 10 minutes like I said simply assists in defeating a tactic that is already bannable anyway.

Also, even if I can report them, which I cannot because apparently my computer is semi-broken and I cannot record even with the windows game bar, I still want to have a way to beat them in-game, because they don't usually get banned that quickly.

I can onestack pretty well, but the problem is, if they build at sky limit, you cant get above them, so you still have to take a major risk to build to them. This risk is completely unnecessary as what the skybasers do is bannable in the first place.

I think that as TheBoom989 said:

The purpose of no projectiles is not to never have projectiles, its just so that people can rush easier. Adding projectiles after 10 minutes does not defeat this purpose.[/QUOTE]

First of all, if you read my post, you would know that my computer is currently having issues which make me unable to record.

Second, I can report them, but then what? They won't get banned right away, so I still have to fight them when they have an unfair advantage.

When people skybase, its more about tactics than skills, and skybasing puts them in a position to use their tactics more effectively and efficiently. I have played against a few smart skybasers and there was nothing I could do.

For example, the guy in the last picture in my original post, he made a network of skybridges and kept running continuously. How would you get to him then? If he turns around and tries to knock you off, with the bridges being at sky limit so you cannot even place blocks, how can you guarantee that you would have the same odds of winning as a fair fight on the ground?

Please stop post-farming as @RaginC said.

You can edit your posts but please don't just keep posting.

Reactions: Lilleh__ and Ayroh

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Well the skybasers I see aren't skybasing with a house. They just make narrow bridges. If they build a house that means I can build up to them and they will have a hard time hitting me off, so I wont need projectiles for them.
Yeah they don't do that because there aren't any projectiles, when there are, big chance they're camping in a 'house'
Also, they can still shoot you off pretty easy..

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
Top Bottom