Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should cubecraft add low fire to the new resource pack

• Yes, people should have the right to sight.

• No, I like being blinded by neon pixels.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
So with the new resource pack for cubecraft, many new possibilities have been opened. And in my opinion one of them is low fire. For anyone that does not know, low fire means changing fire to make it smaller. So it doesn't take up your whole screen.

How it could be implemented is have it be an option. That can be switched on and off in your profile (like health indicators). This would mean people could still turn it off if they don't like it.

tldr: cubecraft should add an option to not be blind.

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
Or just remove fire
Keep in mind that there are also people that use lava/flint n steel, removing it would mess up their gameplay, also it’s another strategy that can be very useful in fights. And if you mean removing fire completely from the texture pack, I doubt that people would still use it as you’re not able to see when you’re on fire.

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
And in my opinion one of them is low fire.
sure, probably great for console players who can't get custom resource packs
How it could be implemented is have it be an option. That can be switched on and off in your profile (like health indicators).
you cant just toggle between resource packs that easily so it has to be on for everyone, without a toggle to turn it on and off. In my opinion tho, this is not needed since no one can have an advantage over someone using a resource pack on console because it's simply not possible to use resource packs on consoles. Also, editing the fire texture will break some resource packs which can be quite annoying for those who are on pc and mobile. Therefore I don't want this to be added since it would break some of the resource packs i use.

Reactions: Snowwyyy

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
you cant just toggle between resource packs that easily so it has to be on for everyone, without a toggle to turn it on and off. In my opinion tho, this is not needed since no one can have an advantage over someone using a resource pack on console because it's simply not possible to use resource packs on consoles. Also, editing the fire texture will break some resource packs which can be quite annoying for those who are on pc and mobile. Therefore I don't want this to be added since it would break some of the resource packs i use.
That's why it would be off by default

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
Neither are custom health indicators, yet on cubecraft there's 2 different types.
no that's not how it works, damage indicators are handled completely by the server while resource packs are mostly handled by the client. To make such a toggle you would need to create a second texture pack with the lower fire texture which needs a relog to be loaded. Also every time someone joins the server, it needs to check the players setting which would require a second layer of proxies which would increase the loading times. More proxies also means more servers that need to be run which results in higher maintenance costs. And that all simply for having the option to toggle between a resource pack that you can simply download for free? Nah mate that's a huge waste of money and time

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
no that's not how it works, damage indicators are handled completely by the server while resource packs are mostly handled by the client. To make such a toggle you would need to create a second texture pack with the lower fire texture which needs a relog to be loaded. Also every time someone joins the server, it needs to check the players setting which would require a second layer of proxies which would increase the loading times. More proxies also means more servers that need to be run which results in higher maintenance costs. And that all simply for having the option to toggle between a resource pack that you can simply download for free? Nah mate that's a huge waste of money and time
What about it being server side

Void Krun

Novice Member
Jul 2, 2020
In the void
I completely get what ur saying but cant cc just make the players pack be priority then cc default pack?

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom