• Keep bows and screw ender pearls

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMurica

Mar 16, 2016
Just throw an enderpearl back to the previous subject
:P

I saw some complaints about 32 diamonds being too "cheap" for an ender pearl. I thought it was reasonable considering 32 diamonds is the cost of a Notch apple, but perhaps ender pearls could be introduced with the price they have in overpowered items mode - 64 diamonds.

I honestly don't care if they cost 32 or 64 diamonds; either seems reasonable to me considering you may only need one or two to end a stalemate.

funnymon

Dec 17, 2014
Your mom's house
Let's face it - the bow is extremely powerful in Egg Wars. It's fairly cheap in the early game and very cheap late game, and once someone has one it becomes extremely difficult to come close to his island. This forces stalemates that I have seen in probably a third of the games I play and drags games on potentially for hours.

I have two suggestions: remove bows or add ender pearls. Removing bows removes a broken weapon, but this is not ideal because the bow can be balanced by instead adding ender pearls to all versions of the game. An archer (or group of archers) may be able to indefinitely hold off an attacking team, but if the attacking team can teleport using ender pearls, the stalemate ends. However, ender pearls should be one of the most expensive items in the game, perhaps costing the same as a Notch apple (32 diamonds). This prevents people from having an easy way to move around the map while still providing anti-siege capabilities.

Bow are NOT broken,you are forget a item called a SHIELD, which protects against all arrow damage.. so get that instead of a very op,never gonna be in regular eggwars, ender pearl. How would you like it if you had the best egg covering, but didn't notice someone TP behind your egg and mining it? So op its not even fun anymore! Have smart team mates sneak into their egg while you distract them i have done this to so many people(and people have done this to me also) the point of playing eggwars is thinking of smart ways to get around peoples eggs and defenses, not waiting on a diamond generator until you have so so diamonds and being able to going to their island and mine their egg with little to no problem

Ender pearls DO NOT fix the camping problem, you tp to them with your one ender pearl and since they been camping on the diamond gen they also have a few and tp to your island, you are out of ender pearls and you are also stuck on their island while they mine your egg, because since they were camping you can't moving to another island and you would have to wait a while to re gear, and in that time the dude has already mined your egg, tped back to his own island and killed you.

funnymon

Dec 17, 2014
Your mom's house
I see ender pearls in Op but nothing else, not even in solo eggwars. The point of solo is being able to manage winning the game and also protecting your egg, which would become to unfair if they added ender pearls I want to be able to see who is coming to my island so i can decide whether to stay their or try to take out another player's egg

CaptainMurica

Mar 16, 2016
Bow are NOT broken,you are forget a item called a SHIELD, which protects against all arrow damage.. so get that instead of a very op,never gonna be in regular eggwars, ender pearl. How would you like it if you had the best egg covering, but didn't notice someone TP behind your egg and mining it? So op its not even fun anymore! Have smart team mates sneak into their egg while you distract them i have done this to so many people(and people have done this to me also) the point of playing eggwars is thinking of smart ways to get around peoples eggs and defenses, not waiting on a diamond generator until you have so so diamonds and being able to going to their island and mine their egg with little to no problem

Ender pearls DO NOT fix the camping problem, you tp to them with your one ender pearl and since they been camping on the diamond gen they also have a few and tp to your island, you are out of ender pearls and you are also stuck on their island while they mine your egg, because since they were camping you can't moving to another island and you would have to wait a while to re gear, and in that time the dude has already mined your egg, tped back to his own island and killed you.
The shield does not protect against all arrow damage. Not only have I seen occurrences when a shield failed to block damage, but you must also put it up before the arrow is fired for it to do anything. And to make matters worse, you cannot use the shield and construct a bridge over to an island. You can block or you can build; you can't do both and live.

Ender pearls don't not fix camping because you were unprepared. While they were sitting on the diamond generator, you should have been doing the same to prepare. If you ender pearl into an area filled with stacked people and you didn't prepare for that, it's on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommunistCactus

Livid

Jan 3, 2016
Pls lock this thread before it goes even more out of hand.

funnymon

Dec 17, 2014
Your mom's house
I see ender pearls in Op but nothing else
The shield does not protect against all arrow damage. Not only have I seen occurrences when a shield failed to block damage, but you must also put it up before the arrow is fired for it to do anything. And to make matters worse, you cannot use the shield and construct a bridge over to an island. You can block or you can build; you can't do both and live.

Ender pearls don't not fix camping because you were unprepared. While they were sitting on the diamond generator, you should have been doing the same to prepare. If you ender pearl into an area filled with stacked people and you didn't prepare for that, it's on you.
What if you were dealing with another team, and did not notice the other person, its hard to keep track when multiple teams are camping, you can't assume that only one team is camping. And ender pearls will not help that, in fact it would give people more of a reason to camp when at ANY TIME a enemy could be mining your egg if you are not looking for one moment
Plus with lots of practice you can easily learn how to use a shield to block most if not all arrow damage, and learn the time to build and the times to block

CaptainMurica

Mar 16, 2016
What if you were dealing with another team, and did not notice the other person, its hard to keep track when multiple teams are camping, you can't assume that only one team is camping. And ender pearls will not help that, in fact it would give people more of a reason to camp when at ANY TIME a enemy could be mining your egg if you are not looking for one moment
Plus with lots of practice you can easily learn how to use a shield to block most if not all arrow damage, and learn the time to build and the times to block
I encourage you to suggest a better way to curb camping. I think ender pearls are a simple and effective solution, but if you have a better suggestion I'd love to hear it.

The main problem with the shield is that it can't be used when you're building over to an enemy's base. Not only can you not put your shield up while placing blocks, but a good portion of your time is spent placing blocks with your back turned to the enemy base. If the enemy team does not have people posted to shoot at any potential attackers, you might have a chance to gradually build over. But even then, you will need to wait for each opening to place a few more blocks on your bridge, and that could take hours depending on how smart and aware the fortified team is.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom