Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello Cubecrafters.
As many of you are probably aware if your into discord servers there are communities out there that have partnered with cubecraft under the Eco (external community organisers) program. Each server thats in the community are given access to YT rank on an account to host tournaments and events. But to prevent rank misuse the account is Perm muted so it cant use the rank for other things other than hosting events. That is why im suggesting to add the Eco rank. Eco rank should include

• 16 Player Parties
  • The "Eco" Prefix
  • Every cosmetic item (Like YT rank)
  • Ability to promote their Server once an hour
  • Ability to start Private games (When they come out)
  • ability to talk in chat
Being a moderator on one of these Eco servers and hosting events its been very annoying that ive not been able to respond to questions as i am perm muted. It would be great to talk to people in the events as its easier to get feedback from them in game then it is on discord.

If your a member of ECO and have anything i should add here please let me know below.
Thank you for reading my suggestion :D

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
I would love this. Being a admin/manager for a ECO server we were allowed to advertise our discord server every so often in chat. But with the YouTube account perm muted we never gained members due to then not knowing who we were. We also really want the Private games when they come out. This will help with tournament hosting for every game beside minerware and Survival games. And queing for games with 2 party's can take a long time. This is just my opinion.

BiggestNoob7

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2020
India
Finally someone make thread about this thing Im new external community memeber the events I hosted without communicating with players in game is so annoying I really wish if they add "Eco" rank this would be the best thing!

+9000 xD

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
You have YouTube rank, making a new rank takes a lot of work and the YouTube rank gets the job done efficiently. As an ECO myself I think it’d be nice to get a rank but for the amount of work it takes I’m not sure it’s worth it :p

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I'd rather not see this.

While I agree there should be some solution for eg private games etc, adding a new rank is not the best idea.
1) Adding a rank is a lot of work. Adding a rank for such a ''small'' thing (Because realistically speaking, this isn't the most game-changing feature ever yet requires a lot of work).
2) They could be seen as staff. While this isn't the biggest issue ever, it will confuse some players.
3) Some people will most likely create some communities with the sole purpose of getting the rank.

I'm fairly sure we can come up with something else, but this simply isn't the solution imo.

BiggestNoob7

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2020
India
I think every cosmetic item is slightly unnecessary but other than that I think that's fine and a good idea.
Yes kind of but as an owner of big cc I don't even have time to play cc much but if we had all perks that would really inspire me to play cc and also promote our servers in chat second thing if we had perks they will notice us when we promote our server in chat if not they just gonna ingnore us that's what end up came in my head.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
I personally disagree with this, I think the role in the Discord server, the promotion you receive from the External Community thread and the fact that you have access to an account that has the YouTuber ranks is enough for it. It's not that hard to reach the requirements of the rank and I feel like it's very unnecessary, this feels like an easy way to get a rank rather than a rank you actually deserve and is super useful.

Also, I fully agree with statements from Keanu:
1) Adding a rank is a lot of work. Adding a rank for such a ''small'' thing (Because realistically speaking, this isn't the most game-changing feature ever yet requires a lot of work).
2) They could be seen as staff. While this isn't the biggest issue ever, it will confuse some players.
3) Some people will most likely create some communities with the sole purpose of getting the rank.

Reactions: Keanu

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
Yes kind of but as an owner of big cc I don't even have time to play cc much but if we had all perks that would really inspire me to play cc and also promote our servers in chat second thing if we had perks they will notice us when we promote our server in chat if not they just gonna ingnore us that's what end up came in my head.
With all due respect, it's not our responsibility to make up for the time you spend in hosting a community. Staff members get such stuff to thank them for their work ~ I personally spend 20+ hours a week doing stuff for CubeCraft and a small reward is definitely deserved. Giving support for events etc, sure of course I totally agree but giving you a reward for basically hosting a Discord server is a bit too much imo.

BiggestNoob7

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2020
India
With all due respect, it's not our responsibility to make up for the time you spend in hosting a community. Staff members get such stuff to thank them for their work ~ I personally spend 20+ hours a week doing stuff for CubeCraft and a small reward is definitely deserved. Giving support for events etc, sure of course I totally agree but giving you a reward for basically hosting a Discord server is a bit too much imo.
After reading all the threads now I'm completely agree with you and all staff this rank is kind of more than enough even it's alot. Im happy about all I got so far. we will find good solution for this ig

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
youtu.be
After reading all the threads now I'm completely agree with you and all staff this rank is kind of more than enough even it's alot. Im happy about all I got so far. we will find good solution for this ig
We sure will! I personally feel like we should just wait with looking into this until (at least) private games are released as it's mainly about that :)))

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
I 100% agree with this. We are lucky in the first place to even have an account. Most Minecraft server don't work with an external community but CubeCraft is a first. We would love to have the account unmuted but we understand that that is how it should be and will not fight it. And we have known that private games are coming but keep getting put on the back burner as it is not that important as releasing new games and fixing the games that are there. I am happy that CubeCraft allows us to do what we do and notices us in the Community.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
There are some things that are not correct or already set in motion listed below:
Each server thats in the community are given access to YT rank on an account to host tournaments and events.
Tower Defence CC has no account with a YT rank.
Ability to promote their Server once an hour
We may already promote our servers in-game once per 3 hours

Ability to start Private games
This has already been talked about and there's a chance that we may use the beta version and we will definitely have access to it when the project has been released.

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
There are some things that are not correct or already set in motion listed below:

Tower Defence CC has no account with a YT rank.

We may already promote our servers in-game once per 3 hours

This has already been talked about and there's a chance that we may use the beta version and we will definitely have access to it when the project has been released.
They said they’re going to add private games on bedrock in bedrock community feedback input match making.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I'd rather not see this.

While I agree there should be some solution for eg private games etc, adding a new rank is not the best idea.

I'm fairly sure we can come up with something else, but this simply isn't the solution imo.
I'm with Keanu here, I made a thread a bit ago agreeing that ECOs should get private game perms, but everything else is really unnecessary. There's no reason to give every cosmetic, ECOs can already promote their servers, and it's not really a big enough role to be deserving of a rank.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom