Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TK_Forest

Sep 9, 2016
UK
bit.ly
Hi, I have seen a lot of people saying like they have been banned because their account is compromised.
Could someone explain to me what that means because I am a noob and have no idea lol.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread (Tech Support), it was the most suitable I could find.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
It means they think you sort of got hacked, that means someone has access to your account without your permission. If they think so, you get automaticly banned from the server, so that person can't do bad things in your place on Cube, so when you get your account back, everything is still there. The only thing you need to do is changing your password and say in your appeal you've changed it, and you should be unbanned pretty fast.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Compromised account basically means your account has logged in from a different ip and is believed to be hacked this bans you for your protection and all you have to do is change your password and appeal

However i would say staff should probably change the text to make it more clear

Reactions: Yamin

NedGaming

Forum Expert
May 22, 2015
The Netherlands, Limburg
cubecraft.net
I would take me as explain, I (NedGaming) Log in on a ip for the first time, It will never change (The ip)
If someone logged in on another ip, They will automaticly ban him for compromised account. It have 2 reasons why they do it
• 1 . Nobody will be false banned/mute for bannable offence, if somebody else login
• For your own security

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I would take me as explain, I (NedGaming) Log in on a ip for the first time, It will never change (The ip)
If someone logged in on another ip, They will automaticly ban him for compromised account. It have 2 reasons why they do it
• 1 . Nobody will be false banned/mute for bannable offence, if somebody else login
• For your own security
Not 100% true under certain circumstances the ip can change even on its own

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
• For your own security
Doesn't happen to me. I myself log in from 2 different locations (one at my house, one at my school) and I've never been banned for compromised account.

It's that condition and any evidence showing your account using hacks for a compromised account ban to be put into place.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
It's not really if someone logged in true your account once. It's only when you have like 100s of Alts then you get banned for Compromised account.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
This answer is the right answer;

IT MEANS THAT SOMEONE WITH ANOTHER IP LOGGED ON YOUR ACCOUNT CUBECRAFT DETECTS THAT AND AUTO BANS IT VIA MARCOS ACCOUNT

^
100% the rest is bs c:
Whoa whoa whoa hold the caps.

As I've said, I've logged onto this server from multiple IPs from different locations before. Have I been banned? Nope. If that were the case, I would've been banned already for "compromised account."

TK_Forest

Sep 9, 2016
UK
bit.ly
So what do you mean log in with another ip?
Does that mean if I use a different computer to come on CubeCraft I will be banned?

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Compromised account means that someone else has access to your account. They can do whatever they want, hacking, spamming etc. If we ban a player with a lot of alts (compromised accounts), we ban those as well. So that's why many players are banned for Compromised account. The only thing they have to do is changing their password and appeal. If the hacker appealed with your account, you can't do anything. That's why you need secure passwords and never give your login information to a website.

Last edited:
Reactions: hgbf and zRinne

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Compromised account means that someone else has access to your account

One of the cause is clicking on free ranks/capes - suspicious website in overall which allows a third party to access your account.
I'm not too certain about a minecraft password bin box - but that's very unlikely.

If the hacker. appealed with your account, you can't do anything.

The best thing you could do if this happens (which I hope it doesn't) is to contact the staff member who punished you, explain everything and make sure to be 100% truthful.

Reactions: hgbf and Unfearful

CaptainStarkie

Jun 9, 2016
Somewhere Now
One of the cause is clicking on free ranks/capes - suspicious website in overall which allows a third party to access your account.
I'm not too certain about a minecraft password bin box - but that's very unlikely.

The best thing you could do if this happens (which I hope it doesn't) is to contact the staff member who punished you, explain everything and make sure to be 100% truthful.
Never clicked on a scam website (free capes, etc.) but my account still got compromised. I've heard of a software that can grab anyones login password. Not sure how it works. But the password i used when i my account got compromised was pretty darn hard.
Again... never trust any unverified website (scam website).

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Never clicked on a scam website (free capes, etc.) but my account still got compromised. I've heard of a software that can grab anyones login password. Not sure how it works. But the password i used when i my account got compromised was pretty darn hard.
Again... never trust any unverified website (scam website).

That's just one of the cases, there are more like:

If we ban a player with a lot of alts (compromised accounts), we ban those as well. So that's why many players are banned for Compromised account.

We are aware that there are certain websites (will not be mentioned) that may cause others to get compromised, we won't go into details though but yeah, that's another possibility.

Reactions: CaptainStarkie

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Whoa whoa whoa hold the caps.

As I've said, I've logged onto this server from multiple IPs from different locations before. Have I been banned? Nope. If that were the case, I would've been banned already for "compromised account."
It depends on where you login, once at your own home and once a few kilometers away its fine. Once in europe and once in us you'll get banned for compromised account (not 100% sure but I dont really see another explanation, I log in from several IP's as well)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on deoxyq's profile.
happy birthday!
Reesle wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday, Deoxyq!! 🎂🎈