Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a US proxy?

• Total voters

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Nothing much to say, I just think this server has a lot of US players and it would be really good to have a US proxy. It would greatly decrease the laggers on the server.

Rip can't edit the poll mod please change the poll to "Should there be a US sister server?"

Also, can everyone who voted no please explain why they disagree.

Last edited:

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
You know that CubeCraft Games is based in the U.K., right?
I dont think Cubecraft is ready for that. CubeCraft's Motto: The More people on the server, the better, so why make two?:)
The reason there should be a separate server so us players actually get decent ping and don't have to ruin your games with 900 ms. Ranks, bans, mutes and stats would stay the exact same between the 2 and anyone can play on either if they want. The main reason why cube hasn't done this yet is because it costs a lot of money, but if they were to do it I think it might make more players want to play.

Reactions: 0ffense

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
What do you mean by "proxy"? A proxy server is a server that only forwards player packets to the actual game server. If they only add a proxy server in the US without separate game servers, that wouldn't automatically solve the lag issue. Maybe they could slightly improve latency by some network trickery, but US players would now have the delay to the us proxy in addition to the delay from the proxy to the game servers.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
What do you mean by "proxy"? A proxy server is a server that only forwards player packets to the actual game server. If they only add a proxy server in the US without separate game servers, that wouldn't automatically solve the lag issue. Maybe they could slightly improve latency by some network trickery, but US players would now have the delay to the us proxy in addition to the delay from the proxy to the game servers.
I think what he meant is a new sister server in America, yes I understand that that is what a proxy is.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
if you want a proxy see magnificantspam's post

if you want another server then lol no. There wouldn't be enough players on that server, and because a half or quarter or whatever of the CCG players have gone to the US server there wouldn't be enough on the main server either and then everyone would leave CubeCraft and CubeCraft wouldn't get donations and then CubeCraft would shut down and that would be the end of CubeCraft. ;)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Hold up I will need to leave my computer for this

This decision on whether I should support it or not will take some deeper thoughts

*hmm to set up a host (assuming it is what you mean instead of proxy) you would need someone to move to the United States to then set it all up... while also needing to make sure someone doesn’t hack into that side and shut down that hosting however the server is from the UK*

After a nice shower I have decided no

(P.S. I know they aren’t referring to proxy based on what Spam said so I am only guessing what they do mean, pls nobody hate me if I am wrong about what they mean)

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
This is what I meant.
I think what he meant is a new sister server in America, yes I understand that that is what a proxy is.

if you want a proxy see magnificantspam's post

if you want another server then lol no. There wouldn't be enough players on that server, and because a half or quarter or whatever of the CCG players have gone to the US server there wouldn't be enough on the main server either and then everyone would leave CubeCraft and CubeCraft wouldn't get donations and then CubeCraft would shut down and that would be the end of CubeCraft. ;)
I think you may be misunderstanding me. Im not saying cubecraft should make an entirely new server I'm saying they should have a sister server to connect to. They will have the same exact playerbase, it is NOT an entirely new server. It's simply a second place for Americans to get faster ping from.

This decision on whether I should support it or not will take some deeper thoughts

*hmm to set up a host (assuming it is what you mean instead of proxy) you would need someone to move to the United States to then set it all up... while also needing to make sure someone doesn’t hack into that side and shut down that hosting however the server is from the UK*

(P.S. I know they aren’t referring to proxy based on what Spam said so I am only guessing what they do mean, pls nobody hate me if I am wrong about what they mean)
I'm sure they could figure something out. The likelihood of their host getting hacked is quite low too, nothing to worry about.

@johncoles @Quetzi

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017

They technically don't have to fly to the USA. There could be someone they email or make plans with via the Internet. Also a plane ticket here is the minimum of their worries, paying for server hosting is quite expensive I'd think so unless they get more money by selling ranks, then this wouldn't be beneficial. Their server I'm France hasn't been hacked yet, what makes you think a different one will be?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Yeah - another server
Ussually you can connect to the other server while still on the server, this way everyone can experience better internet connections so us Americans don't have to be pinglords, the best my ping ever was is 149. And I have Ethernet. It would be awesome if I didn't need to pinglord you to death and I can actually experience good connection.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I’m very confused. You’re suggesting they copy and paste CubeCraft into a server connectable from CubeCraft hosted in the USA? Can you explain again please.
I'll try to explain it as basically as possible. Currently, people from the US have a connection averaging 200ms (otherwise known as ping) which is annoying to deal with. Having a sister server does nothing to split the playerbase or the community, it just shortens the distance for packets to reach the server. So what used to be 200 milliseconds of delay shortens to about 60 milliseconds of delay on average, a huge improvement.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Nothing much to say, I just think this server has a lot of US players and it would be really good to have a US proxy. It would greatly decrease the laggers on the server.

Rip can't edit the poll mod please change the poll to "Should there be a US sister server?"

Also, can everyone who voted no please explain why they disagree.
Yes and no. Yes because that way players in the US could get better ping. No because it would split the community like the 1.9 update. Not saying 1.9 is bad, I like it, its just that having both 1.8 and 1.9 completely split the community and players still today trash talk both versions. Minus the trash, it would kind of be the same with splitting the server a lot more.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
Top Bottom