A US sister server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rigel_The_Star, Mar 12, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should there be a US proxy?

1. Yes

45.5%
  2. No

54.5%
  1. Rigel_The_Star

Rigel_The_Star Member

It wouldn't split the community at all. Read all of FreeHead's posts and a few of mine above.

2. johncoles

johncoles Management
    Staff Member Management

johncoles
    Management
    PLUS
    Unfortunately due to the technical challenges of this it's not something that I can say we're looking at doing in the short term. We're always looking at ways we can improve the player experience though and I'm sure we'll look at this in the future.

3. OnePointEight.exe

OnePointEight.exe Member

FreeHead
    Gold
    Wrong... It would split the playerbase
    All I was saying is there is no need for a new IP. Ussually you can connect to other servers without changing the IP. Kind of like how CubeCraft warps you to different game servers whenever you click on a sign, they can probably connect you to a server that is currently hosted in America.
    While it may seem an issue that both servers are being split it's not really something to worry about, this is because during peak eu times the EU server will be full, however during peak us times the us server will be full. Ussually not simultaneously, this is because there are things known as time zones, also if an EU player discovers there are not many players on EU then they can connect to US where there are more players probably because they are 5 - 3 hours apart. This can go either way. While yes this would kind of reverse the effect of the better connection thing, but during peak times player's connection would greatly increase. It would be cool if the us servers were only up for 8 hours a day during peak times. This would save money and prevent the splitting of the playerbase.

4. CharlieShuffler

CharlieShuffler Member

CharlieShuffler
    this server is honestly not big enough for that

Neth likes this.
  5. Ishallkillyou

Ishallkillyou Member

No usa proxy needed.

6. OnePointEight.exe

OnePointEight.exe Member

FreeHead
    Gold
    Minemen club has sub 400 players and has one.
    That's easy to say as an EU player isn't it.

7. Shrek Trained Me

Shrek Trained Me Member

PapaTijd
    Obsidian
    The server already has a little playerbase. Making two will split the community in two which will make the playerbase bigger.

8. elchuii

elchuii Member

elchuii
    Iron
    I totally agree with you. And if I had a proxy in US there'd be more people.

9. Scream

Scream Member

IceScreams
    Iron
    I'm not really sure how making separate servers will split the playerbase to be honest. The timezone kind of already does that. When I play, I'll rarely see an EU player, unless they're just playing really late into the night. I guess it's also the same vice versa?

OnePointEight.exe likes this.
  10. OnePointEight.exe

OnePointEight.exe Member

FreeHead
    Gold
    The timezones have correlation to how many players there are on each server, during us peak times US proxy will be larger. Vice versa. Read @Scream 's message.

11. CharlieShuffler

CharlieShuffler Member

CharlieShuffler
    so what? xd I don't think it would be good for them to separate the playerbase, they would get like 2k on the US and 4-6k on the EU server...

12. OnePointEight.exe

OnePointEight.exe Member

FreeHead
    Gold
    I don't see anything wrong with that, may you go in depth a bit?

@johncoles Would it maybe be easier to implement if a US replica of the server ran for only a small portion of the day, say 5 hours during peak US hours? Or is the hassle of setting it up the difficult part?