Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to be able to toggle your status?

• Total voters

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Hey all,

As I could tell from one of my older threads, there are some of you out there who really do like their privacy when playing on Cube. So I'm suggesting to add something to that, the main feature being for you to be able to toggle your status instead but still include the lobby number the player is in.

I think this is a cool feature as some players just like playing on CubeCraft without having some other players knowing, it also is just kind of useful for staff members at times. This is kind of my idea of how it could work:

- If your status is disabled, then no one can know if you're online or not, it just shows you as offline.

- If your status is enabled, it will show which lobby you are currently in/what game you are playing.

It could be toggleable here (where the red circle is):
108F95F8-472E-4FB5-A31E-F3EB71703D4D.png

Or it could be added to the Profile Privacy setting, where you can currently just toggle whether other players can see your stats:
695CC28E-A8BD-4770-B832-ADC3B9E04F76.png

+ Another thing would be to make it so that only specific players are not able to see if you're online or not, so for these specific players, it's just always offline regardless of whether you're actually online or not. Kind of like how you have that ignore list but instead for players you don't want seeing your status.

If this does get implemented, it's up to the staff team to decide where to put this feature where they think is best, this is just my idea. I really do hope this kind of thing gets implemented as it's very useful for those who prefer their privacy or just don't want (specific) players knowing what they're doing/whether they're even online.

Thanks for reading,
Meiske

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Mwah, you could also remove them from your friendlist if you don't want them to see your activity.

But the rest of the suggestion sound good to me. +1
I mean I feel like sometimes there are times when you just wanna play on Cube without having anyone or just a specific person bothering you. But yeah you do have a point there.

Instagram has this kind of thing like, when you don't want a specific person looking at your status, that's kind of how I thought of it. Like you wouldn't wanna unfollow them but you just don't want them looking at your story.

Reactions: Ibraaahim

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
pretty much objectively a good idea. Moods change, sometimes you do want to play with some people and sometimes you just want to be left alone for a little bit. I know the argument of 'you could just remove people from your friends list if you dont want them to see you're online' but i feel like this isn't a good argument at all. You don't need to cut some people from your friends list just because you don't feel lik etalking to people every now and then.

There's also the argument of 'just say no when they invite you' but some people aren't good at being so upfront about their feelings and accidentally will get themselves invited to a party when they actually just want to play alone for a bit. Because it's toggleable, I feel like it'd objectively be a good addition.

Just a thought but maybe even make it rank-restricted so let's say only lapis+ can use it or something?

Good suggestion tho, def yes

Reactions: Meiske

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
pretty much objectively a good idea. Moods change, sometimes you do want to play with some people and sometimes you just want to be left alone for a little bit. I know the argument of 'you could just remove people from your friends list if you dont want them to see you're online' but i feel like this isn't a good argument at all. You don't need to cut some people from your friends list just because you don't feel lik etalking to people every now and then.

There's also the argument of 'just say no when they invite you' but some people aren't good at being so upfront about their feelings and accidentally will get themselves invited to a party when they actually just want to play alone for a bit. Because it's toggleable, I feel like it'd objectively be a good addition.

Just a thought but maybe even make it rank-restricted so let's say only lapis+ can use it or something?

Good suggestion tho, def yes
True, just like flying/more friendslots lol.

Reactions: Texbirds
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Silverlace's profile.
Thank you Silverlace for everything! <3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Robbedz's profile.
Thanks for everything!:D
Reesle wrote on Silverlace's profile.
Nooo not you :(
Thanks for everything you have done, and I wish you good luck with your future endeavours!
Reesle wrote on Robbedz's profile.
Thank you for everything! 🖤
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Sad to see you go. Thanks for everything! Good luck with your future! 🥚🥚🥚
Top Bottom