Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Feb 11, 2017
Hi, whoever is reading this! I'm Misscraftsalot. Something you should know about me right off the bat is that I look for potential and areas of improvement everywhere I go because I love to see good things thrive and become amazing things.

Related to that opening point, this is my plea for CubeCraft to make a move regarding the immense amount of innovation that could go into this game. Tower defense, my all time favorite mini-game on Minecraft. It will forever be that. I've been playing this game for a pretty intense amount of time. I know I've played for over a year before Tower Defense was moved over to CubeCraft. I can't even remember when I first found this game because it's been so long. This being said, I just want you to know that I've paid attention to this game for a long time, the patterns, what worked and what didn't, and what really could be added or improved to bring this game to its full potential.

I realize all of you at CubeCraft have a lot to keep up with, and I understand. This doesn't change the fact that I feel like this game is being neglected. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm not, please begin to think about this gamemode. It's so special and it really deserves to be improved.

Let me explain what's got me so frustrated and begging for you to improve the game:

1) No system of ranking in the game. I want to play a competitive game of TD, where I don't have less experienced players making it near impossible for me to enjoy the game, or making it too easy. There are plenty of options for a ranking system that you could look into, and it's 100% worth it. Even if you make a harder mode of the game and had specific requirements to play that, it would be fine.

2) The winning strategy is relatively the same every time, there's nothing to really twist up the game. Unless you're in a game with competitive players, which as stated above, is rare. This is a strategy based game, and I would really like for me to have new areas to explore strategies & develop skills. Throw new twists into the game. And no, I don't mean new towers. I mean features. Give me incentives. Challenges. New functions. You get the idea.

3) There's no good way to get all your friends into a game together. Yes, I know this is a party related problem, and that parties are on their way (or so I've heard), but it doesn't change the fact that getting into a game with your friends is hard.

4) There isn't a way to get back into the game after disconnecting. Sometimes people have internet problems. It's really honestly such a shame to be in the middle of an amazing match (which is rare), and your internet cuts out for a few seconds and you lose that entire game. Or you lag out... All these things. I love TD. I want to continue to play it, and not being able to join after a disconnect that wasn't controlled is discouraging to no end.

All this being said, I will play this game no matter what. As I stated in the beginning of this post, the reason I say all these things is because I want to see this game reach its full potential. This game could have so many amazing additions and live on for such a long time, it just needs to have some love given to it.

There's a lot of dedicated players who love TD and always will, and you guys are awesome. I hope this post is able to speak for all of you who have been wanting to see some improvement.

Finally, if there's anything that I can do to contribute to the improvement of Tower Defense, do not hesitate to say so. I am always willing to act on my suggestions for improvement if possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
-Miss/Ten

Feb 11, 2017
A little reply:
1. I will say yes, but how do new players LEARN the basics (e.g. Not mage stacking) when they don't have experienced
2. Agreed.
3. Agreed.
4. Agreed.
Nice job @Misscraftsalot !
Good point on that first one. I bet we could come up with a way to solve that problem. I guess the big thing for me is that hardly any of the new players LISTEN to the experienced ones anyway.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Another game that has been neglected on cubecraft.

1. Competitive tower defence would be amazing and has been suggested by and supported by pretty much everyone who has played tower defence before here on the forums ♡ I would be shocked to not see it in the next TD update ♡

2. I completely agree! I actually made a suggestion a while back where I complained about how little diversity there is in TowerDefence offensively. Please don't reply to threads older than 2 weeks but here it is https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/tower-defence-upgrading-mobs.172133/ If you think it's a cool idea you can re suggest it and add your own twist to it ;)

3. Parties are another thing that has been suggested and supported by literally everyone on be forums ♡ Im really hoping it is added soon ♡

4. My Internet is beginning to cut out during games of speed eggwars which only last three minutes xD I really, really want a way to re enter a game like tower defence as it takes so long to finish and losing a teammate is a huge disadvantage in TD ♡

All around I agree with everything here ♡

Reactions: Misscraftsalot

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Hi, whoever is reading this! I'm Misscraftsalot. Something you should know about me right off the bat is that I look for potential and areas of improvement everywhere I go because I love to see good things thrive and become amazing things.

Related to that opening point, this is my plea for CubeCraft to make a move regarding the immense amount of innovation that could go into this game. Tower defense, my all time favorite mini-game on Minecraft. It will forever be that. I've been playing this game for a pretty intense amount of time. I know I've played for over a year before Tower Defense was moved over to CubeCraft. I can't even remember when I first found this game because it's been so long. This being said, I just want you to know that I've paid attention to this game for a long time, the patterns, what worked and what didn't, and what really could be added or improved to bring this game to its full potential.

I realize all of you at CubeCraft have a lot to keep up with, and I understand. This doesn't change the fact that I feel like this game is being neglected. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm not, please begin to think about this gamemode. It's so special and it really deserves to be improved.

Let me explain what's got me so frustrated and begging for you to improve the game:

1) No system of ranking in the game. I want to play a competitive game of TD, where I don't have less experienced players making it near impossible for me to enjoy the game, or making it too easy. There are plenty of options for a ranking system that you could look into, and it's 100% worth it. Even if you make a harder mode of the game and had specific requirements to play that, it would be fine.

2) The winning strategy is relatively the same every time, there's nothing to really twist up the game. Unless you're in a game with competitive players, which as stated above, is rare. This is a strategy based game, and I would really like for me to have new areas to explore strategies & develop skills. Throw new twists into the game. And no, I don't mean new towers. I mean features. Give me incentives. Challenges. New functions. You get the idea.

3) There's no good way to get all your friends into a game together. Yes, I know this is a party related problem, and that parties are on their way (or so I've heard), but it doesn't change the fact that getting into a game with your friends is hard.

4) There isn't a way to get back into the game after disconnecting. Sometimes people have internet problems. It's really honestly such a shame to be in the middle of an amazing match (which is rare), and your internet cuts out for a few seconds and you lose that entire game. Or you lag out... All these things. I love TD. I want to continue to play it, and not being able to join after a disconnect that wasn't controlled is discouraging to no end.

All this being said, I will play this game no matter what. As I stated in the beginning of this post, the reason I say all these things is because I want to see this game reach its full potential. This game could have so many amazing additions and live on for such a long time, it just needs to have some love given to it.

There's a lot of dedicated players who love TD and always will, and you guys are awesome. I hope this post is able to speak for all of you who have been wanting to see some improvement.

Finally, if there's anything that I can do to contribute to the improvement of Tower Defense, do not hesitate to say so. I am always willing to act on my suggestions for improvement if possible.

-Miss/Ten
I agree with all of this, only problem is that tower defense is not very popular, and they focus on the most popular games.
Also btw they are already making a party system.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Oh goodness, I'm glad you love the game. I really loved this game first when I beta tested it, and it has evolved into something cube can really be proud of.
Unfortunately, they haven't seemed to really care about this game and all it's untapped potential. I think the only update TD has gotten was one that added the Wither and Leach Tower, which were cool, but really didn't add much. That Tiki Tower that won the design contest STILL hasn't been added yet, but they had time to made an entirely new Eggwars mode?
That's just kind of upsetting that not all the games are getting treated with the same amount of attention, because I really did love this game. It simply became repetitive and boring because the games were all the same.

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
Oh goodness, I'm glad you love the game. I really loved this game first when I beta tested it, and it has evolved into something cube can really be proud of.
Unfortunately, they haven't seemed to really care about this game and all it's untapped potential. I think the only update TD has gotten was one that added the Wither and Leach Tower, which were cool, but really didn't add much. That Tiki Tower that won the design contest STILL hasn't been added yet, but they had time to made an entirely new Eggwars mode?
That's just kind of upsetting that not all the games are getting treated with the same amount of attention, because I really did love this game. It simply became repetitive and boring because the games were all the same.
From my sources(which could be wrong), the Egg wars update was in the works long before the Tiki Tower contest. I mean just remember how long it took to implement Egg Wars abilities. Additionally, we still have plenty of room to request new things for Tower Defense as well as the other minigames, as currently, all the devs are focusing on the Anti-cheat that is incredibly intensive on the programming side of things. As soon as that is finished, the updates to other games should come much faster. Also, Tower Defense is much more on the programming side of things than the other game modes, and they have a lot of glitches to fix with the game mode that are coming in the next Tower Defense update according to my sources. Also if you really want a challenge, try and find me in a game. I am usually on around 10-12 Eastern Time Zone(New York City). I guarantee the game will not be boring, and will not be easy.

As far as the comment to the actual post of this forum:
1) Great idea(though this idea has come up in a previous forum post this is definitely a better way to do it in my opinion), I think that it should have both a wins requirement and a win rate requirement. Like at least 200 wins, and 75% or 80% win rate. This may be a little steep, but I am at 500 wins and nearly an 85% win rate. A win rate requirement also will keep the integrity of the game mode, and you could also have a separate leaderboard for this separate game mode.
2) The game has a few balance issues, these balance issues normally only come up in Pro vs Pro games, however, these balance issues have come up in normal games as well. If the game had some rebalances there would be much more challenging strategies, but currently there are about 4 very effective deadly strategies for victory(against the common team). I personally think there is enough with the game currently and adding any more would make it harder to learn, just some rebalances could make a more competitive TD.
3) There is a thread on the party system that could be found if you just search /party or something similar. We have been told it is in the works but I think giving the devs recommendations on how to implement the party system would be helpful to the devs.
4) They actually used to have this in the chunk(the previous server TD was on), if you logged back in within like 5 minutes or something like that you could rejoin the game. Thus the method to do this is there, there is just a matter of reimplementing the idea. I personally want it to be reimplemented.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

-Miss/Ten

They need a New Mode (SOLO?!)
10+ Maps
New Towers
New Mechanics
New Mobs
Custome Mods

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

I remember when I used to play it on SWCWA or Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures!!! haaaaa the good old days :(:D

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
Top Bottom