Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Hey.

I would write this on my profile page but I don’t think I’d have enough space so I’m gonna basically give an update on my channel here.

I started YouTube over a year now and have managed to gain a good following of 12k+ subscribers through this community. I have always enjoyed interacting, playing, and making content on this server. There’s been ups and downs with YouTube whether it be inspiration or views, but I’ve always had this urge to keep going and trying my best.

Everything was going relatively fine for my channel up until 2 months ago. I had to stop making videos and take a short brake to focus hard on school. I didn’t think much of it - but apparently it was too long. Since I came back from that short hiatus, every video I upload has done horrible. No matter how much time or effort I would put into it - it tends to do relatively worse than usual. One specific video I uploaded took over 5 straight hours of streaming, recording, editing, and posting - only to be one of my lowest viewed videos in a really long time (both view count wise and view duration-wise). I didn’t think too much of it and decided to keep going. I made a few more videos since then - all with the exact same outcome. It really kinda hurts to put so much effort into something you really love only to be shown that others aren’t very interested in your work.

I made a big mistake too - I made a video talking about summer plans and got the channel, where I promised an upload and stream schedule along with consistency. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I ended up getting a job irl. Some of my time is spent doing that this summer, and that doesn’t make it a proper excuse to get away from making videos though. It’s only part-time, but for the rest of the day I have to spend making videos or streams - I won’t. Mostly due to the lack of motivation. I’m ashamed of making those promises that I will not be able to fulfil.

Speaking of lack of motivation, I want to talk about something that’s been bothering me for an extremely long time but have not addressed it in fear of being viewed as envious. There are many other YouTubers I watch who do the exact same kind of content as me. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, but I feel like my channel is not growing as much as I’d like it too - even during my best months on YouTube. Other smaller creators who do the exact same kind of content as me manage to get exponentially more subscibers than me in a much faster time. Their growth is incredible - and please don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for them - but I just don’t understand why that amount of growth cannot happen to me. I spent over a year on this channel and haven’t had incredible growth like that. It really doesn’t help my motivation, because I am genuinely lost and don’t know what to do.

Before I end this massive weird thread off by saying sorry, I want to say thanks for everyone who has stuck with my channel even through its down times, it means a lot and I’m happy you enjoy my content.

Finally, I am really sorry. Sorry for getting your hopes up for regular uploads this summer, sorry for this break I had to take, and sorry for making you read this massive thread lol.

I hope one day I can find some motivation again - and I’ll be sure to find some soon. ♥️

SIRAG V PRO

Nov 3, 2020
Saturn
Pronouns
He/Him
I Really subscribed your channel. I always watch your videos even if you don't upload a new vid. Your channel is really amazing. I hope one day ur channel will grow to get more subscribers. But also, don't forget you should upload a video for us as well, and I hope one day it will be a big channel.
Also, I want to tell you don't despair just keep going :D

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
Hey.

I‘m sorry to hear about your loss of motivation. But if I may, as a somewhat regular viewers I will tell you my perspective. Be prepared as this might sound harsh.

I feel that part of your identity of YouTube is your cool, fast paced edits.
And then another part of your identity is your commentary and personality itself. Both are equally important.

In a montage, while you’re commentary is gone you make up for it with crazy edits, and gain a new audience because it’s a montage.

In a live stream, there are no edits. It’s just your personality, and the longer the stream goes, the more tired you get and your commentary withers.
I Understand that you think your livestreams are just to hang out and are “extra” from your normal content. However when the content that’s I’m interested in (you‘re fast paced content) is mixed in with Livestreams, either I lose interest due to a lack of uploads or YouTube stops recommending them to me.

Since you don’t have as much free time on your hands, you are unable to spend as much time to pump out vids. However, if you plan to stream in the future I would recommend streaming on a Twitch instead of on YouTube. I’m sure you’ve thought about it and have a reason why you don’t use Twitch but your Live streams make your content vary too much as to where your other vids seem so few and far in between.

And about your videos themselves. I would HIGHLY recommend to make them shorter (Like 5 minutes or so) and then double down on the Editing. Or just keep the same edits, just make the vids shorter. While I like your editing style, I can see it getting boring on your longer videos. You have a good intro, but you just don’t have enough to hold my attention for 15 minutes.

I‘m pretty sure you need your videos to be at least 8 minutes to earn money right? Not too sure about this one, but if you want to make money then I suppose you should try your best not to get your videos to go into 10+ minutes. You can spend all the time you want editing, but if nobody is watching, then it’s pointless.

Dunno what your Average View Duration is so try and making your videos slightly longer than what it is. I know it’s probably REALLY short but still, if people aren’t watching, then what’s the point in doing all this effort. YouTube is for fun, but at the same time everyone wants to grow on this platform and make a difference. You have to experiment and see what you like and performs well at the same time.

It’s normal to feel envious. Every content creator probably knows another content creator that’s doing significantly better than them. But that’s normal. You feel envious of someone’s else’s growth, there will be an even smaller YouTuber envious of your growth. And that’s ok. You‘re basically a self-made channel. You started from the bottom and worked to the top.

This isn’t music where you can take 2 years off the write an album and still be relevant. Every brake you take, you have to come back when you’re positive you can be consistent and get some traction. @InsaneOrbitzz also very recently had a period of time where his videos were doing worse than they used to.

It doesn’t matter how much effort you put in, give people a reason to care about you. Why should people watch you alongside/instead of someone else? Until people care about you, you want to produce videos where you don’t spend hours upon hours of editing.

At the end of the day, YouTube is hard. It’s easy for people to forget about you. And I’m not a YouTube genius. I’m just giving you my perspective as a somewhat regular viewers.

You’ve have the skills to make it big, we all know that. I’m sorry to hear you’re taking a break, but know that there will always be a group of people here for you.

Best of Luck, RelatedNoobs.

Last edited:

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I spent 10 hours editing a video for it to get just over 2k views when I have 25k subscribers.

Although I lack motivation sometimes, I genuinely still enjoy uploading because it's what I do.
My views are bad because my subs came / come from tutorial videos. But I still do YouTube none the less.

I also stream daily over on twitch, its a nice way to split your video and your livestream viewers apart (other than those who like both), the numbers are lower on Twitch but it doesn't matter because I enjoy it and it gives me a breather from making YouTube content.

I've also started uploading less in order to make sure I make good unrushed content.

My point is everyone has a rough patch, I'm still in it. But instead of feeling down in yourself and throwing away all these years of hard work, just upload less, stream on twitch, make content you enjoy and just have fun with it.

Don't number watch, I legit turn off my viewer counts when I stream so it doesn't bother me.

Do what you feel is best tho and I hope all turns out well for you!

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Speaking of lack of motivation, I want to talk about something that’s been bothering me for an extremely long time but have not addressed it in fear of being viewed as envious. There are many other YouTubers I watch who do the exact same kind of content as me. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, but I feel like my channel is not growing as much as I’d like it too - even during my best months on YouTube. Other smaller creators who do the exact same kind of content as me manage to get exponentially more subscibers than me in a much faster time. Their growth is incredible - and please don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for them - but I just don’t understand why that amount of growth cannot happen to me. I spent over a year on this channel and haven’t had incredible growth like that. It really doesn’t help my motivation, because I am genuinely lost and don’t know what to do.
Sometimes exponential growth on YouTube is just luckbased. A single like more from an unknown person can lead to way more recommendations. Just be patient and I’m sure you will get lucky soon. I’ve seen small YouTubers grinding for years and suddenly they get from 10k to 100k.
I really hope you will continue your channel. It would be really sad to see a cubetuber go.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom