• Not really.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Welcome, this is a guide to playing EggWars.
EggWars is the most popular game mode on CubeCraft. There is no doubt that there are new players each day. This is a guide for them. This covers almost every aspect of EggWars.
This guide will take about 10 minutes to read.

Before you ask, let me answer it.

What is eggwars?

EggWars is a PvP Game. Basically, you spawn in a coloured island with your egg, and you have to keep your egg safe from enemies or they will destroy it. If you die, you will respawn, as long as your egg is not destroyed. In the meantime, you will have to go destroy other eggs. Defending and attacking, lots of skills will be used! Now, what happens if your egg gets broken? If you die, you cannot respawn back and results in you, or your team getting eliminated. If you manage to destroy every egg and every team, while you are the last man/team standing, you win the game!

First off, before even getting into the game of EggWars, I suggest you drink water. Make sure to keep a bottle ready beside.
Water boosts your concentration and helps you to play better.

Part 1 -
Choosing a Mode.

The most important decision for new people, choosing the type of mode you play is essential to getting good.
There is Normal Mode and there is Speed Mode.
Normal mode consists of two types -
Solo
Teams
Speed mode also comes in:
Solo
Teams

Number - 2
Kits
These are all of the kits that exist in EggWars.
Normal Mode:
Egg Shell - This kit is useful for rushing in Solo. You can easily cover up your egg and run. Another use is hiding in certain maps with Diorite.
Rabbit - The kit gives a potion of leaping, which can be useful for rushing other islands fast, and to escape from enemies.
Money Bags - The kit gives 10 iron which can be used immediately if the map has close islands it would be good for rushing.
Buffer - The kit gives a Potion of Regeneration, useful in PvP when attacking/defending your base.
De Buffer - Assists you in PvP, giving you an advantage over your enemies.
Healer - The kit gives 2 golden apples, which saves your life countless times. Very useful in PvP.
Shell Cracker - The kit gives a pickaxe, which could help rushing if the Hardcore modifier was to be chosen.
Egg Armor - The kit gives you all pieces of leather armour. Very useful in Harcore, where each piece costs 20 iron.
Feather Feet - A kit that's useful on certain maps like Construction, where the map focuses on Verticality.

Speed mode:
Mixing Spoon - The kit helps knockback people into the void pretty easily. Useful while defending.
Eggsplosives - For 300 points, you get 3 TNT and a chain chestplate; costing 40 gold. A great kit for attacking!
Golden Shell - The kit gives 2 pieces of gold armour, a helmet and leggings (It used to have the whole armour set). Not a great kit.
Steak & Eggs - Offers 3 seconds of resistance 1, while eating steak. Helps while regenerating your health.
MasterMine - The best speed kit, in my opinion, gives haste 1. Useful especially in 1.9 PvP.
Egg Legs - Gives 2 potions of Speed 2! Really useful on maps like Civilization.

Number: 2.5
Abilities
There are various abilities in EggWars.
Normal:
Iron Belly - Not really useful, but a fully upgraded one could be.
EggCracker - Speed is one of the effects, but personally don't remember anymore.
Feather Weight - This is a really useful ability to have.
Magic Touch - Is useful when you have a low amount of blocks.
Speed:
Born To Crack - If you get haste while mining obsidian and few layers are left the kit is useful there.
Golden Bounty - When you break an egg, you get few pieces of gold. Not very useful, but still could be used.
Upgrader - You'd normally only see this every once in a blue moon.
Number - 3
Should I play Solo Or Teams?
Please choose teams/with friends if you are a beginner, you'll be better in teams. Then you could get better and go to the more challenging solo/alone mode.
Number - 4 :
Choosing a Map.
For example, there are two 40 players maps currently - TeaParty and Mushrooms.
These maps take really long to finish and require good game sense and knowledge.

I would suggest any maps below 24 limit since they are most optimal to play

Once you have chosen a map, select a kit during the loading time if you own one.

PART 2 - Number: 1
Gameplay - Beginning

In most maps, you will have access to 3 types of generators :
Iron
Gold
Diamond
These generate, well, Iron, Gold And Diamonds... They are crucial to the start of your game.

Iron gets you everything that you need to win from Blocks to starting armour and Food. Iron is one of the most important resources to get in EggWars.

Gold is kind of a middle game thing but can be skipped always. It isn't part of the gameplay, it aids the gameplay.

Gold can get you Obsidian (For covering your Egg), Golden apples, chain armour (Not a good way to spend it), Iron sword(A great investment in OP), and a few special items such as TNT and chests.

Diamonds are the most important resource, just like in survival Minecraft. They get you the best gear (Iron armour, Diamond sword, Bows) and special food (Enchanted Golden Apples)

There is an additional 4th generator, the Emerald generator. These types of generators are found in specific maps (Mushrooms, Western, Under da Sea and a few other maps)

They are essential to getting map specific items and Diamond armour (Unobtainable in certain maps), a very overpowered resource that needs patience. Each emerald takes over 10 seconds to generate!

Number - 2 :
Upgrading Generators :
Generators in most maps start at specific levels. These levels upgrade the speed at which the resource is given.
Example: Iron level 1 generators give a single piece of iron every 1 second, where Iron level 2 gives a single piece at every 0.75 seconds.

Iron generators start at level 1-2 in the starting islands and may differ in the middle.

Gold may be broken or start from level 1 in starting islands and may differ in the middle.

Diamond generators always are broken in the starting islands and are at least level 1 - 3
in the middle islands.
(You can skip this part if you want to)
|
|
V
Iron Generators take 10 iron for the broken - level 1 upgrade.
20 Iron for level 2,
20 gold for level 3 and
50 gold for level 4.

Gold generators take 5 gold for level 1,
10 Gold for level 2,
10 Diamonds for level 3
25 Diamonds for level 4.

Diamonds generators take 5 diamonds for level 1,
10 Diamonds for level 2,
and 25 Diamonds for level 3.

Number. - 3
Using resources

The Villager is the shop. Right-click him to access trades.
There are 7 types of shops.
They are Blocks, Armor, Weapons, Tools, Food, Special and Map Specific
Blocks are one of the most basic items in EggWars that you need to have at least a stack of always. Stained clay is the cheap and is the most used. Glass is harder to break so it is also bought by few people.

Armor is where you get your protection from. Leather, Chain Iron and in some modes (OverPowered) Diamond is available.

Weapons are where you get Swords, Axes and Bows. They range from wood - stone - Iron - Diamond.

Tools are where you get pickaxes.

Food is an important category because it is essential for survival in 1.9 Player vs. Player battles. They offer various types of food.

Special contains items like TNT and Chests. In OverPowered mode (OP) you get an EnderPearl, too.

Map Specific Items is available when the map has an Emerald Generator.
You can get things like Diamond armour from there, and enchanted Diamond Swords(Unobtainable through Diamonds)

Number - 4
Building to Middle.
There are a lot of different techniques you can do instead of building a straight bridge to mid, which often either gets your egg destroyed or killed or both. This is a different Strategy I use personally and it works all the time. This is a good strategy because the enemy can't just simply jump and get to your island.

There is also another strategy, which requires a lot of practice to master. It's called SpeedBridging. This is a fail clip.
As you can see, I clearly didn't master it. So I failed. But it is one of the best strategies to use and it will surely help to get to middle faster.

Part 3 - Number 1
Middle

The middle is where all the good stuff is at. You get many resources from the middle. The most important resource is the Diamond resource. As told before, they are the most sought after and enemies will also go for Diamonds first.

This is what I do in middle: I go for any Gold Generators and get 50 gold for an Obsidian cover for my Egg. I depend on my PvP skills so I don't really have to hide or anything.

What I suggest you do (If you're a beginner)
If you're not the greatest PvPer, I suggest that you do a loot run. This is where you grab everything that had spawned on the generators once and run back. Buy whatever you need and do another Loot Run. This is one of the easiest methods to get stacked. Make sure to scan the surroundings for any enemies before doing one.

A lot of enemy bridges are also built to the middle, so take advantage of it and use their own bridge to destroy their egg. After all, EggWars is a PvP mini-game. Always know that your enemies can do this to you as well.

There will be a lot of Generator Hoggers/Campers present in the middle if you're not the first to the middle, this is why I told you about the building strategies.

Know a number of resources you will need.
For a Level 3 (Max) diamond generator upgrade, you will need a total of 40 diamonds.(Level 1 upgrade is 5, 2 is 10, and 3 is 25 diamonds.)
Having this in your mind and a number of resources you'll need in total is essential for when you need to exit middle.

Number 2
Covering/Defending your Egg
The Egg is the most important and should be your top priority. Why?
When you die, you respawn. BUT, if your egg is broken, you can't respawn anymore. If you die after that, you're eliminated from the game!

Out of every block, obsidian is the strongest and takes the longest to break, offering maximum protection to your Egg. Obsidian is not cheap; each piece costs 10 gold, which means waiting over 4 minutes just to get 5 blocks of obsidian. Putting down extra layers could be a good idea, but in the end proves to be bad as people can just hide in the extra layers. Instead, provide distractions; blockspam everywhere, make it harder to reach the egg with ease.

Remember, this works both ways. Your enemy could hide in the sandstone you put and dig away at the obsidian! Make sure to keep an eye on your Egg always.

When it comes to defending your Egg, always keep an eye out for skybridges from other teams or Ninjas sneaking up on you.

Number 3
Attacking
Remember. Teamwork is Key.
Always inform your team that you're going to attack.
If you think you can take it on by yourself, always be careful and cautious. You never know when a player has a bow ready to shoot you down.
When you're at the enemies Egg, make sure to cover yourself up like you're an Egg as well, so they can't keep punching you. On the contrary, you could cover up yourself in obsidian, if you don't ever want to get disturbed.

It's a good idea to kill every member of the enemy team once before going to break their egg. Make sure to have a Diamond Pickaxe.

Number 4
Pvp

Most commonly, battles take place in Middle.
When assaulting a Team, Make sure to stay away from the edges. They can just knock you off. Make sure to fence the edges in your island if you think you can kill anyone that comes in your island. I don't personally do this but it is a good strategy.

Remember, CubeCraft uses 1.9 PvP for all game modes. There are a lot of PvP strategies
to research upon, but here is an excellent guide by @SpankMeSanta
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-pvp-1-9.189229/#post-826494

Part 4 - Number 1
Game Modifiers.
Game Modifiers are things which alter the EggWars experience.
There are 2 types of modifiers,
Items
Health
Item modifiers are OverPowered and Harcore.
Overpowered makes everything ridiculously cheap and powerful. It's a very interesting experience.
Hardcore makes it very very challenging and tough. Not many players use this.

Health modifiers modify the health. You can have double health, triple, or half.

As of now, only Ranked Players (Lapiz Rank and Above) can vote for modifiers.

Number 2
Death
Upon death, you respawn with invincibility for 10 seconds, but all your items are removed. If you had a kit, you get it again. Remember, you can only get your kit every 2 minutes. Also, know that you don't drop your items upon death.
Killing a player grants you a point. This is a currency used in the lobbies.

Number 3
Roles

Note: This is not official.
There are different roles. Here are some I made:
Defender: Defends the Egg and the Island from intruders.
Attacker: Attacks other islands.
Collector: Collects resources and upgrade the generators.

Remember, you don't have to play any of these roles, however, if you're having a well-organized team, you may play some of the roles. You can do more than one role.

Number 4
Classes
I tend to be organized, so I use these "Classes". They are a mix of the different gear you can get.

This is what I get before I leave my starting Island:
2x Full Leather Armor
1x Stone Sword/Axe
1x Diamond Pickaxe
12x Steak
2 Stacks of Sandstone
Golden apples (1-4)

During mid-game to end-game, you get to expand them. This is what you'd want during Endgame -
2x Full Iron Sets.
1x Diamond Sword/Axe
1x Diamond Pickaxe (10 Diamonds one with Efficiency 3)
24x Steak
4-5 Stacks of sandstone
Golden Apples (20+)
Enchanted Golden Apple(1-2)
Bow
2 Stacks Arrows
Shield
Player Tracker

Number 5
Punch Bows
They have to be one of the most frowned upon the item, but they are good for a quick and easy kill. Just bow your opponent off the Island.
They cost 12 Diamonds but they are worth it. In the OverPowered mode, they cost 15.

Number 6 (OverPowered mode only)
Spleefing
When you get the Efficiency 4 pickaxe (12 Diamonds) You can instantly mine Sandstone.
If you can get the Efficiency 8(25 Diamonds) It's easier. It's a fast and cheap way to end an opponent.

Number 7
Skybridging

A very sneaky tactic, Sky-bridging is where you make a bridge in the sky. Build up to a considerably high place, and start to bridge. Using glass is recommended since it's more clear and transparent, it camouflages with the sky.

Number 8
TNT

TNT is obtained for 5 gold in normal mode. It is used to blow up bridges to escape and to shred your opponent's armour! It also damages your opponent a lot. (Thanks @HScrozzy !)

And that's it! This covers most of EggWars. There are little things that I have left for you to figure out yourself since it's more fun that way.

Special thanks to @RayzMC and @SpankMeSanta for inspiration and help.

Please give feedback on the thread! If you have anything to add, please message below, and I'll make a section for it. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Honestly if you defend it a straight bridge to mid is fine. Nothing worse than having someone come to mid with better gear than you and you can't do anything but stand there are die because you can't escape.

Also, NEVER put sandstone around your egg. Having just sandstone gives you a false feeling of your egg being protected making you feel like its okay to take your time putting obby on it, and if you put sandstone around obby it makes it easier for someone to break it without being seen, especially if you have a lot of sandstone for someone to hide in there.

Also you mentioned tnt, but you didnt mention how useful it can be. In eggwars tnt doesn't affect you or your teammates, but it can be a huge pain for enemies. It blows them around and more importantly shreds their armor with little effort on your part. Oh and I find it extremely to fun to skybridge above someone building a safe bridge and TNTing it.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Amazing guide
But there is 1 line I can't stand
I put a layer of Obsidian at the first cover for my egg, and a layer of sandstone. This is enough most of the time, but if you feel insecure you can always put another layer. Repeat this process.
No
No that is such misinformation I have an entire thread about this 1 topic and it is it that simple

Other than that line I really like your guide
I don't understand why spleefing is OP only but okay and I personally like money bags as my favourite kit

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
@Jefsweatsgames
Please add the introduction/summary that i sent to you.
Amazing guide
But there is 1 line I can't stand

No
No that is such misinformation I have an entire thread about this 1 topic and it is it that simple

Thanks for telling @jollow250, is this better now? @Jefsweatsgames Please edit the following.
Out of all the following blocks, obsidian is the best when it comes to protecting your egg. Usually ( Normal mode ), obsidian is quite expensive as it cost 10 gold each, so you won't have it at the start of the game that easily. A little tip from me is, cover up the obsidian with sandstone, that way your enemie(s) may not know and may come attack with a disappointment! When the game lasts really long, players may start to get good tools such as efficiency diamond pickaxes. If so, you are always free to add more protection to your egg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom