Want 2nd and 3rd place rewards?

• Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Ever thought you'd win a game at 1st place but end up losing at 2nd and get nothing? Waste of your time playing because of this? Then this is for you!

Background
We have a 1st place that gets rewards. 2nd and 3rd place also most of the time put a lot of time doing well in the game. In a game of SG, for example, 1st place gets 100XP, 25 points, and a chance of getting a cubelet. Often times the last 2 players are left in a solo game -- one of them loses entirely and the other gets the win, resulting in the game ending at the same time for both.

Suggestion (does not apply to any team games)
For solo games, why don't we implement a 2nd and 3rd place winner? Unlike 1st place, they get reduced rewards but do not get a win counted on their stats. This should not apply to minerware because it already had 3 winners. Here's some examples as to what 2nd and 3rd will get assuming they stay for the remainder of the game. If they leave before the game ends, then they forfeit the reward.

-2nd place: 75% of 1st place reward. From our SG example, that's 75 XP, 17 points (rounded down), and a reduced chance of getting a cubelet.
-3rd place: 50% of the 1st place reward. From our SG example, that's 50 XP, 12 points, and a further reduced chance of getting a cubelet.

Last edited:

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
The problem is, the most people leaves fast if they die. If the're is no deathmatch and 2 players are alive than leaves the thirth (mostally).

Oops, forgot about that. That case if they leave before the game ends then they don't get the partial reward.

It doesn't matter, they can get the reward when they die, because if someone dies when there are only 3 people left, for example, we already know they are third place, so they can get the reward then. I suggest second place gets half the reward of first place, and third place gets half of the reward of second place.

Deconator

May 21, 2016
Ever thought you'd win a game at 1st place but end up losing at 2nd and get nothing? Waste of your time playing because of this? Then this is for you!

Background
We have a 1st place that gets rewards. 2nd and 3rd place also most of the time put a lot of time doing well in the game. In a game of SG, for example, 1st place gets 100XP, 25 points, and a chance of getting a cubelet. Often times the last 2 players are left in a solo game -- one of them loses entirely and the other gets the win, resulting in the game ending at the same time for both.

For solo games, why don't we implement a 2nd and 3rd place winner? Unlike 1st place, they get reduced rewards but do not get a win counted on their stats. This should not apply to minerware because it already had 3 winners. Here's some examples as to what 2nd and 3rd will get assuming they stay for the remainder of the game. If they leave before the game ends, then they forfeit the reward.

-2nd place: 75% of 1st place reward. From our SG example, that's 75 XP, 17 points (rounded down), and a reduced chance of getting a cubelet.
-3rd place: 50% of the 1st place reward. From our SG example, that's 50 XP, 12 points, and a further reduced chance of getting a cubelet.
Yes this needs to be added

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.

Background

My opinion: They didn't win, so no rewards.

Reactions: Vickay

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I really like this idea!

I like this because...

1) In life, there are 2nd and 3rd place, so why not in eggwars?
2) It gives a reward (attacks in Clash of Clans) to people in the game who didnt win, but got really close to.
3) Like hyper said, it doesnt feel like a waste of time if you get second and dont get any points.

Merlijnthunders

Apr 30, 2016
The Netherlands
It doesn't matter, they can get the reward when they die, because if someone dies when there are only 3 people left, for example, we already know they are third place, so they can get the reward then. I suggest second place gets half the reward of first place, and third place gets half of the reward of second place.
Yes I totally forgot about that when I posted it!

Reactions: Daniel_H212
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Frontlane wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🧁
UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom