Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Currently whenever someone makes a thread it often gets replied to saying how 1.8s anticheat is worse than 1.9s. I'm going to explain why that is either completely a lie or it's actually a bad thing.

So the reason why when people say the 1.9 anticheat being better than the 1.8 is stupid is because of a few things. One being all movement based cheats are exactly the same. Cube could of copy and pasted the anticheat for both. They probably did do that (unless 1.9 is a different language, but I am pretty sure it's still JavaScript). This means that there should be no difference between the 2 versions when it comes to movement such as fly hackers, bhoppers or anyone moving differently then vanilla (it should be noted that technically the player does jump the slightest bit higher in 1.9 but I doubt sentinel has that much precision). The second reason why it is bs that 1.9 is apparently better than 1.8 anticheatwise (it's a word now) Is because both games follow the same rules. The cooldown is literally the only difference. It could be said that autoclickers are harder to pick up, however everyone always complains about blatant cheaters, not closet cheaters.

So there is a possibility that the code could be completely differently written between the two versions, but even if they were, the developers could still probably translate it between both. No there isn't Google translate for 1.8 coding to 1.9 coding. But there are probably lots of ways of saying something in 1.8 that's identical to the thing said in 1.9. And like I said, it would be fine if they were identical because they basically are identical.

I'm interested in any counterclaims.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
You probably wrote this in response to what I said a bit earlier, nice. I have no idea how any of this works, but whenever I do play 1.8 on Cube, I'll find pretty much a bhopper in every game. If I was playing 1.9, they'll usually be banned a lot quicker. Now before somebody comes to bash me about the anti cheat banning sporadically, I already know. I'm just saying stuff based off my experience.

Also I'm pretty sure the way 1.8 works is a bit different from 1.9, or we'll have already been able to update the server to the latest version as soon as they are released.

Last edited:
Reactions: Despacito 2

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
JavaScript
It never was. The vanilla server, spigot server and spigot plugins are written in Java. But the point is valid, those cheat detections should be the same on both outdated versions.

I think there are more hackers on 1.8 to begin with, mostly because hackers don't care wether the game is fun to play, and because it's easier for them to win with weird knockback. Also I guess hacked clients for Minecraft 1.8 might be better at hiding theit hacks because most servers with advanced anti cheats were/are on 1.8.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
You probably wrote this in response to what I said a bit earlier, nice.
I have been seeing this said again and again. @MegaCoin s post was the final straw before I wrote this.
I have no idea how any of this works,
Don't talk shiz about something you don't know shiz about then
but whenever I do play 1.8 on Cube, I'll find pretty much a bhopper in every game. If I was playing 1.9, they'll usually be banned a lot quickerz
Like I said in my post, that literally makes no sense. There is no correlation with the anticheat if that were the case.
before somebody comes to bash me about the anti cheat banning sporadically, I already know. I'm just saying stuff based off my experience.
I don't know of anyone that has ever been false banned. Both are about the same accuracy.
Also I'm pretty sure the way 1.8 works is a bit different from 1.9, or we'll have already been able to update the server to the latest version as soon as they are released.
As far as combat goes I meant.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I don't think I've said anything about the 1.9 anticheat being better than 1.8 ever. You probably just interpreted it as such, and how you did so, I have no idea. What I'm trying to say is, the anticheat in 1.8 isn't really good at detecting the clients made specifically for 1.8. I think @MagnificentSpam pretty much sums it up.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I think there are more hackers on 1.8 to begin with, mostly because hackers don't care wether the game is fun to play, and because it's easier for them to win with weird knockback. Also I guess hacked clients for Minecraft 1.8 might be better at hiding theit hacks because most servers with advanced anti cheats were/are on 1.8.
This has nothing to do with the anticheat however.

Also the fact that clients may be more developed for one version then another also follows the same rules. The developers of the clients can probably translate the code between the versions making it so there should literally be no difference.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
This has nothing to do with the anticheat however.

Also the fact that clients may be more developed for one version then another also follows the same rules. The developers of the clients can probably translate the code between the versions making it so there should literally be no difference.

I have pretty much no experience or knowledge on developing, and you probably don't either. We can only assume there's something more to it than just changing the PvP mechanics the client offers.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I have pretty much no experience or knowledge on developing, and you probably don't either. We can only assume there's something more to it than just changing the PvP mechanics the client offers.
We also don't know if they are the same or not.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Don't talk shiz about something you don't know shiz about then
Temptation to respond in a way that shows you are kind of being hypocritical by telling you not to use memes if you don’t know how to use them is high

I don’t know this 100%
I do however believe that there are differences between both just due to version compatibility

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Wait what did I post?
"You're probably playing on 1.8, which means there are more hackers compared with 1.9+. So I'd love to give you reasons why complaining about 1.8 hackers is wrong but as I'm not entirely sure what version you are playing on I'll just say something global."
That is what you said.

D

Deleted member 100818

"You're probably playing on 1.8, which means there are more hackers compared with 1.9+. So I'd love to give you reasons why complaining about 1.8 hackers is wrong but as I'm not entirely sure what version you are playing on I'll just say something global."
That is what you said.
Ah, remember that one, fair enough then..

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
I'm interested in any counterclaims.
*nitpicking mode activated*

movement based cheats are exactly the same
Elytra
Glass panes, iron bars have a different hit- & colissionbox
Levitation arrows (lucky islands)
Sneaking actually changes your colission box
There are probably a lot of things I've missed and/or forgotten..

(it should be noted that technically the player does jump the slightest bit higher in 1.9 but I doubt sentinel has that much precision)
Jumping height got increased by 11.11%, not "slightly".

Cube could of copy and pasted the anticheat for both
If everything would be the same, it would be more convenient to include it rather than copy paste, makes it easier to maintain as you only have to update 1(or however many files they use for movement checks) rather than double that.

JavaScript
Although MagnificentSpam mentioned it before, https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_javascript.xml

It also wouldnt make sense at all for mojang/bukkit/spigot/whatever to suddenly start using a different language.

cooldown is literally the only difference
Sword blocking got removed
Shield addes
Different armor values
Axe does more damage than a sword
Off hand
Projectiles semi-follow your motion when falling down (Might also follow your motion in other circumstances, this is just what I noticed)

It could be said that autoclickers are harder to pick up
There's no reason to use an autoclicker in 1.9 except for placing blocks, which in fact, doesn't get picked up by sentinel anyway.

it would be fine if they were identical because they basically are identical
Basically identical isnt close enough
PHP:
<?php
// First loop
$i = 0; // Define variable i
do {
  something(); // Do something
  $i++; // Increment i by 1
} while($i < 5); // If i is less than 5, repeat

// Second loop
while($i < 5) { // As long as i is less than 5
}

// Third loop
for($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { // Define variable i, while i is less than 5, increment i by 1 eacht iteration of the loop AND do what's in the curly brackets
}

// Fourth loop
foreach (range(0, 5) as $i) { // Get everything between 0 & 5 as variable i
}

// Fifth loop (Only usefull in VERY specific situations, haven't ever found a use for this in PHP)
$i = 0; // Declare variable i
function doSomethingAFewTimes() { // Declare a function
  if($i < 5) { // If i is less than 5
    doSomethingAFewTimes(); // Call the function
  }
}
doSomethingAFewTimes(); // Call the function once to start the process

All the above basically do the same, but they're used in very different situations. There is no "close enough" most of the times

MagnificentSpam said:
More players play in 1.8 *, more players play 1.8, more players more cheaters, more cheaters more people making cheat clients, etc etc

* Didnt do revolutionary scientific research, just looked at a minecraft server list and hypixel has more players than the other 14 servers on the list combined, I know more people play in the latest versions but survival / single player is not relevant for this arguement. AFAIK Cheaters usually play on bigger servers, what's the fun in bothering 2~10 players when you can hop on a big server and annoy hundreds of players?

Reactions: matcha and DrHam

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
This is a difference but I doubt this changes that much given the elytras sends a specific packet to the server to allow this flight.
Glass panes, iron bars have a different hit- & colissionbox
True, but I doubt the anticheat is much different, it can't take that long to switch between both.
Levitation arrows (lucky islands)
Sends a specific packet
Sneaking actually changes your colission box
Does this not happen in both versions? I know in 1.8 when you sneak you actually are more down.
Jumping height got increased by 11.11%, not "slightly".
I bet this can be easily fixed by just changing 1 value into a different one.
If everything would be the same, it would be more convenient to include it rather than copy paste, makes it easier to maintain as you only have to update 1(or however many files they use for movement checks) rather than double that.
I was mostly talking about if different server versions had different plug-in lists.
Although MagnificentSpam mentioned it before, https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_javascript.xml

It also wouldnt make sense at all for mojang/bukkit/spigot/whatever to suddenly start using a different language.
Sorry I didn't know the specific language it uses. I knew Minecraft was run using Java so I assumed.
Sword blocking got removed
Shield addes
Both are basically the same, unless if fast shield is something I don't know of
Different armor values
Axe does more damage than a sword
Wouldn't effect anticheat
Off hand
Projectiles semi-follow your motion when falling down (Might also follow your motion in other circumstances, this is just what I noticed)
Would this effect the anticheat?
There's no reason to use an autoclicker in 1.9 except for placing blocks, which in fact, doesn't get picked up by sentinel anyway.
Yes it does. I once got banned for autoclicking on 1.9. I wasn't doing it competitevly but rather thought it was funny how it made me spin really fast.
Basically identical isnt close enough
PHP:
<?php
// First loop
do {
} while($i < 5); // If i is less than 5, repeat

// Second loop
while($i < 5) { // As long as i is less than 5
}

// Third loop
for($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { // Define variable i, while i is less than 5, increment i by 1 eacht iteration of the loop AND do what's in the curly brackets
}

// Fourth loop
foreach (range(0, 5) as $i) { // Get everything between 0 & 5 as variable i
}

// Fifth loop (Only usefull in VERY specific situations, haven't ever found a use for this in PHP)
$i = 0; // Declare variable i
function doSomethingAFewTimes() { // Declare a function
  if($i < 5) { // If i is less than 5
    doSomethingAFewTimes(); // Call the function
  }
}
doSomethingAFewTimes(); // Call the function once to start the process

All the above basically do the same, but they're used in very different situations. There is no "close enough" most of the times
What I am saying is if they were both different languages then someone could probably translate between them using an identical phrase.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Would this effect the anticheat?
Possibly, but only when going from 1.8 to 1.9. Same for elytra, levitation etc. In the other direction you'll just need to remove the code because the hand swap event and the elytra don't exist in the 1.8 spigot api.

Yes it does. I once got banned for autoclicking on 1.9. I wasn't doing it competitevly but rather thought it was funny how it made me spin really fast.
He said placing blocks quickly didn't get picked up, not auto clickers in general. How do they make you spin anyway?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Possibly, but only when going from 1.8 to 1.9. Same for elytra, levitation etc. In the other direction you'll just need to remove the code because the hand swap event and the elytra don't exist in the 1.8 spigot api.

He said placing blocks quickly didn't get picked up, not auto clickers in general. How do they make you spin anyway?
So the AC I was using clicked a certain part of the screen instead of the middle of mc. It made it so I looked to the right like 100 times a second. It's hard to explain but I will do my best. When you look to a certain direction your mouse gets redirected to the middle of the screen. So I got a macro to click the right of the screen hundreds of times a second.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

average roblox conversation
IMG_8762.jpeg
Nightmare wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom