• None

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hai
First things first, I am aware of any future updates that are also very important.
As the title says, this is all about 1.8.
I am open to critisicm, but read the thread before replying

Introduction
We all know the 1.8 community is bigger than the 1.9 community
QxJdbjh.jpg
^
v
z7AM1gD.jpg
In my opinion, Cubecraft should be focussing both on future updates and 1.8.
Currently, only 2 games are possible to play using a 1.8 client, these being Skywars and Eggwars.

Update
Most importantly, add a whole 1.8 PvP server
Currently, you are able to play in "1.8-combat"
VuONRT6.png

BPy04Ct.png

The problem here is, the 1.8 combat settings are not implemented here. You can easily use axes to spam click, in the real 1.8 this is not a thing. And something that I think is really, really annoying is the block-feature that is also not possible in this "1.8 PvP".

If Cubecraft has the time and money (hosting and developing is not free :O), they could potentially also recreate Lucky Islands, Suvival Games and Blockwars for 1.8 too.

-Berre

@giesko xd

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Stop lying about the size of the 1.8 community to push an argument. Hypixel has released public login data that shows a slim majority of the server is past 1.8, and that was 4 months ago so in all likelihood Hypixel is now close to 60% 1.9+

Additionally, stop thinking everyone on Hypixel likes 1.8 PvP. At any given time, about 26% of Hypixel is playing games that have nothing to do with PvP and an additional 44% are playing Bedwars. As it was on Cube, I'm going to assume about 75% of the Bedwars players play Bedwars because that's what the YouTubers are playing right now. That doesn't even include the people that like 1.12 combat but play Hypixel because their games are just a lot better, which from what I've seen as a lot bigger than you may think it is. Also, why does literally everyone ever in existence keep thinking that people either prefer 1.8 or 1.12 and there's nothing else to it instead of realizing that a majority of players will flex between versions depending on which one has more fun games to play. I 100% believe THIS is the cause of 1.12 having a smaller multiplayer base and it has absolutely nothing to do with the PvP debate as 1.8 just has a lot more going for it

So with that figure, 26% + 33% = 59%. This means that if Cube released good non-PvP games and did a very well thought out eggwars revamp, we could potentially take over half of Hypixel's players.

Only games I can agree to adding 1.8 to are FFA, Assassins, and SG. No other major (or formerly major) server has those gamemodes an it could be a big hit point for people to come to Cube. SG seems to have a large community that will version flex and it is a pretty unique SG, so I could see it being successful

D

Deleted member 169486

Here's the issue with those photos. Cubecraft, running 1.9, will usually have around the same number of people as Mineplex. Hypixel is a massive server.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hai
First things first, I am aware of any future updates that are also very important.

Introduction
QxJdbjh.jpg
^
v
z7AM1gD.jpg
Currently, only 2 games are possible to play using a 1.8 client, these being Skywars and Eggwars.

Update
VuONRT6.png

BPy04Ct.png

The problem here is, the 1.8 combat settings are not implemented here. You can easily use axes to spam click, in the real 1.8 this is not a thing. And something that I think is really, really annoying is the block-feature that is also not possible in this "1.8 PvP".

If Cubecraft has the time and money (hosting and developing is not free :O), they could potentially also recreate Lucky Islands, Suvival Games and Blockwars for 1.8 too.

-Berre

@giesko xd

I think Pvp, SG, and Blockwars would be great for 1.8 as many players would enjoy it.
+1

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Stop lying about the size of the 1.8 community to push an argument. Hypixel has released public login data that shows a slim majority of the server is past 1.8, and that was 4 months ago so in all likelihood Hypixel is now close to 60% 1.9+

Additionally, stop thinking everyone on Hypixel likes 1.8 PvP. At any given time, about 26% of Hypixel is playing games that have nothing to do with PvP and an additional 44% are playing Bedwars. As it was on Cube, I'm going to assume about 75% of the Bedwars players play Bedwars because that's what the YouTubers are playing right now. That doesn't even include the people that like 1.12 combat but play Hypixel because their games are just a lot better, which from what I've seen as a lot bigger than you may think it is. Also, why does literally everyone ever in existence keep thinking that people either prefer 1.8 or 1.12 and there's nothing else to it instead of realizing that a majority of players will flex between versions depending on which one has more fun games to play. I 100% believe THIS is the cause of 1.12 having a smaller multiplayer base and it has absolutely nothing to do with the PvP debate as 1.8 just has a lot more going for it

So with that figure, 26% + 33% = 59%. This means that if Cube released good non-PvP games and did a very well thought out eggwars revamp, we could potentially take over half of Hypixel's players.

Only games I can agree to adding 1.8 to are FFA, Assassins, and SG. No other major (or formerly major) server has those gamemodes an it could be a big hit point for people to come to Cube. SG seems to have a large community that will version flex and it is a pretty unique SG, so I could see it being successful
Omg can you stop making up these baloney facts. Im not going to argue the hypixel thing because idrc but when you say that the majority of mc players use the latest update and people ask for proof you say common sense. Thats totally not common sense. How can you even know what single player player bases are when its almost impossible to find out.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Agreed. Im not sure how well lucky islands would do but sg pvp and blockwars would be great additions.

Reactions: giesko
T

The Lord Pleb

Hai

Introduction
QxJdbjh.jpg
^
v
z7AM1gD.jpg

Update
VuONRT6.png

BPy04Ct.png

-Berre

@giesko xd

It would not seem bad to me if those games were added, but I see it unnecessary to add the PvP mode, since we have an NPC to play PvP 1.8

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It would not seem bad to me if those games were added, but I see it unnecessary to add the PvP mode, since we have an NPC to play PvP 1.8

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Watch your redaction score and messages, (66 and 444) xD
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #45-
The largest known prime number has 24,862,048 digits. This prime number is 2 multiplied by itself 82,589,933 times, minus 1.
Mintypie231 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you so much for the follow!!
Top Bottom