Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Siriusmart

Nov 13, 2020
Hong Kong
bit.ly
3 points:
1. Which version takes more skill?
2. Why you think PvPers hate the opposite version?
3. And all other supportive reasons you can think of why 1.9 is better. Prove me wrong

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
Hi! This is just my opinion, I am not speaking for everyone, but here we go:

1- 1.9+
2- I don't know about other PvPers, but I do not like it because there is no offhand and the combat is mainly just spam clicking where 1.9+ is based on strategies more often. 1.8 PvP is just sloppy. Plus there is no elytra in 1.8, which disables so many combat tricks.
3- (same as the 2nd question)

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not here to prove why a certain version is better than the other version since these 2 are quite different from each other. This is my opinion.

1. Which version takes more skill?
Since 1.8 and 1.9 are both very different from each other and require different tactics, you can't really say which version takes more skill.

With 1.8, you can get combos with the usage of eggs, snowballs, and a fishing rod. Since there is no attack time, you can spam click your mouse, and combo a player like crazy (with the correct setup of course). Although PvP'ing on 1.8 is pretty easy, let's not forget about hotkeying. Every time you don't get a combo, you swap to your fishing rod to try to combo the other player again and again.

While in 1.9, you can get combos as well, but it's all about the way you move and with the correct timing. If you don't time your hits correctly, or move a certain way, the player can hit you as well and end your combo. Also, the way to start a combo is way different from both versions. On 1.9 there is almost no hotkeying regarding PvP.

As a 1.8 player, I find it hard to adapt to the playstyle and tactics of 1.9, 1.9 is a whole new playstyle than 1.8 which requires a lot of practice to get used to.

2. Why you think PvPers hate the opposite version?
I'm mostly certain this is because of the way to PvP in both different versions. Because 1.8 is more action-based and quite fast. 1.9 is slower and requires patience and a lot of practice for good combos.

It depends on the playstyle that all the players like. Patience can be good for certain people, while fast-paced PvP'ing is more a thing for me.

3. And all other supportive reasons you can think of why 1.9 is better. Prove me wrong
Every version has it's up and downsides regarding PvP'ing. While I absolutely love the regeneration on 1.9, the timing of hits and creating combos on 1.9 is way harder than it is on 1.8.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
You can mathematically prove that 1.9 > 1.8
Therefor 1.9 is better
E/z
gg
wp

• Haha
Reactions: res1237 and 404Owl

Siriusmart

Nov 13, 2020
Hong Kong
bit.ly
Since there is no attack time, you can spam click your mouse, and combo a player like crazy (with the correct setup of course).
There are 2 cooldown limits in 1.8 not known by 1.9 players. The hit register cooldown, which is 20 times per second max. And the damage taken times per second, which has a 0.5 second cooldown. This prevented spam clickers and makes the key to comboing someone sprint resetting (a way to increase your knockback) like w tapping, block hitting, etc.

Combos in 1.8 is hard to maintain, but also hard to break. But in 1.9 combos it is slower, also hard to maintain, but the player getting comboed wasn't left off the ground, he can just turn and run. I think that loosses the meaning of combos. (What a waste of skill)

And I love Cubecraft forum cuz people aren't so toxic

Siriusmart

Nov 13, 2020
Hong Kong
bit.ly
Hi! This is just my opinion, I am not speaking for everyone, but here we go:

1- 1.9+
2- I don't know about other PvPers, but I do not like it because there is no offhand and the combat is mainly just spam clicking where 1.9+ is based on strategies more often. 1.8 PvP is just sloppy. Plus there is no elytra in 1.8, which disables so many combat tricks.
3- (same as the 2nd question)
Note that:
1. 1.8 is not spam clicking (read the message above)
2. What do you mean for "disables so many combat tricks"?

RatedManMp46

Apr 12, 2020
Argentina,Buenos Aires
Dado que 1.8 y 1.9 son muy diferentes entre sí y requieren tácticas diferentes, realmente no se puede decir qué versión requiere más habilidad.

Con 1.8, puede obtener combos con el uso de huevos, bolas de nieve y una caña de pescar. Dado que no hay tiempo de ataque, puede hacer clic en el botón spam del mouse y combinar un jugador como loco (con la configuración correcta, por supuesto). Aunque PvP en 1.8 es bastante fácil, no olvidemos las teclas rápidas. Cada vez que no obtienes un combo, cambias a tu caña de pescar para intentar combinar con el otro jugador una y otra vez.

Mientras que en 1.9, también puede obtener combos, pero se trata de la forma en que se mueve y con el tiempo correcto. Si no sincronizas tus golpes correctamente o te mueves de cierta manera, el jugador también puede golpearte y terminar tu combo. Además, la forma de iniciar un combo es muy diferente de ambas versiones. En 1.9 casi no hay teclas rápidas con respecto a PvP.

Como jugador 1.8, me resulta difícil adaptarme al estilo de juego y las tácticas de 1.9, 1.9 es un estilo de juego completamente nuevo que 1.8 que requiere mucha práctica para acostumbrarse.

Estoy casi seguro de que esto se debe a la forma de PvP en ambas versiones diferentes. Porque 1.8 se basa más en acciones y es bastante rápido. 1.9 es más lento y requiere paciencia y mucha práctica para realizar buenos combos.

Depende del estilo de juego que guste a todos los jugadores. La paciencia puede ser buena para ciertas personas, mientras que el PvP de ritmo rápido es más una cosa para mí.

Cada versión tiene sus ventajas y desventajas con respecto al PvP. Si bien me encanta la regeneración en 1.9, el momento de los golpes y la creación de combos en 1.9 es mucho más difícil que en 1.8.
rather 1.8 is better in pvp 1.9 because in pvp 1.9 it is very boring because there is no emotion since you only hit the same blows as your opponent and it depends on whether you are better equipped, instead in 1.8 the combos are very high and you can pushing people and hitting in the air doing a lot of damage on the other hand 1.9 they stop giving the same blows for 57 years until one dies and the truth is that it is quite annoying and the pvp of 1.8 is not as easy as you say maybe it's just a single click but when making several clicks you must also control the mouse well to make a good combo and that is very difficult to master instead 1.9 you just have to paste and wait and that is very repetitive and also you cannot make a good combo so I would say 1.8 makes 10,000 turns at 1.9

Reactions: Typicaaal
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Centuria wrote on Desiderata's profile.
I love you (also I'm grounded so I can't use my phone :c)
GiGaGekkies wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
Top Bottom