• I don't care

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I don't caknow

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Start by adding some of the more popular games back to 1.8 and if they get more players joining then add more games.

Reactions: Commissioned

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
STOP THINKING THAT THERE IS A MAGIC FORMULA FOR PLAYERS AND 1.8 SOLVES ALL OF IT. It doesnt. If version alone decided what people played on, why don't all 1.8 servers have the exact same amount of players? Also, have any of you actually played vanilla 1.12 instead of this broken and glitchy cube PvP? You’d know it plays nothing like cube pvp

L

Lightning McQueen

STOP THINKING THAT THERE IS A MAGIC FORMULA FOR PLAYERS AND 1.8 SOLVES ALL OF IT. It doesnt. If version alone decided what people played on, why don't all 1.8 servers have the exact same amount of players? Also, have any of you actually played vanilla 1.12 instead of this broken and glitchy cube PvP? You’d know it plays nothing like cube pvp
Thx.

1.13 is adding tridents to freshen up pvp again anyway, 1.9 pvp was meh and its flaws were fixed in 1.12

Idk y u people want to come plague cubecraft with 1.8, when every other server is 1.8. Like, BEGONE pls.

Reactions: Lilleh__

xRabbitGaming

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Not where I want to be
xrabbitgaming.com
There is a 1.8 pvp mode on the 1.9+ client for duels and FFA etc. Sure its not the proper type of 1.8 pvp, but its better than nothing.
Minerware, i'm not to sure about that being released to 1.8.

It is not, 1.8 FFA in 1.9 server is 1.9.2 with 1.8 aspects, the hit registering and knock-back etc is not the same, and doesn't feel anywhere close to 1.8 at all.

Also I do agree with this suggestion, or at least move 1.8 FFA to the actual 1.8 server ... it doesn't make much sense to have that in the 1.9 server lol.

As for other games, I think MinerWare could be moved to 1.8, but there's a few things that would have to be removed, such as the Elytra boss game. Other than that I guess Factions could come back on 1.8 since I saw a few people asking for that as well.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
But most people of the pvp communitie that play on cubecraft wan't 1.8
I'm very curious to see where you got that from.

Note that before the 1.9 update there where like 20.000 people online.
I really don't think that there is any correlation between the 1.9 update and not consistently having 20k people online. If anything, the 1.9 has ensured we have had many players because we are the largest 1.9 server. Downgrounding everything to 1.8 means we lose development on our most popular version (1.9) and means we are trying to compete with a server that already has a loyal 1.8 player base. I think we should focus on continual development and making our games 1.13 when that releases.
remove skywars and eggwars in 1.8 then i would say that would be the end of cubecraft.
I don't believe there are any plans to remove current games, and I also don't believe removing 1.8 support would be the end of the server. The majority of players are on 1.9+, we are not really relying on 1.8.
Yeah, 1.9 pvp doesn't really work. Just bowspam...
I mean, if you aren't playing it, you are free to assume what you like, how ever wrong that is.
It is not, 1.8 FFA in 1.9 server is 1.9.2 with 1.8 aspects, the hit registering and knock-back etc is not the same, and doesn't feel anywhere close to 1.8 at all.

Also I do agree with this suggestion, or at least move 1.8 FFA to the actual 1.8 server ... it doesn't make much sense to have that in the 1.9 server lol.

As for other games, I think MinerWare could be moved to 1.8, but there's a few things that would have to be removed, such as the Elytra boss game. Other than that I guess Factions could come back on 1.8 since I saw a few people asking for that as well.
You have to remember that it is not as simple as just setting the version to 1.8. You have to do lots of reworking and re-coding to make the games work in 1.8, which takes tons of development time, which means less work on everything else on the server and on updates for existing games.

xRabbitGaming

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Not where I want to be
xrabbitgaming.com
You have to remember that it is not as simple as just setting the version to 1.8. You have to do lots of reworking and re-coding to make the games work in 1.8, which takes tons of development time, which means less work on everything else on the server and on updates for existing games.

I know the differences between 1.8 and 1.9.2 (which CubeCraft is running on...) very well, and I know it requires a lot of time, but there should probably be 1.8-specific developers in that case :P

L

Lightning McQueen

I know the differences between 1.8 and 1.9.2 (which CubeCraft is running on...) very well, and I know it requires a lot of time, but there should probably be 1.8-specific developers in that case :p
Cubecraft is on 1.9.2? Thats why noobs deal damage when they jitterclick, that wasnt even a problem on 1.9

xRabbitGaming

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Not where I want to be
xrabbitgaming.com
Cubecraft is on 1.9.2? Thats why noobs deal damage when they jitterclick, that wasnt even a problem on 1.9
kK6fegU.png

caspar1500

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2017

I really don't think that there is any correlation between the 1.9 update and not consistently having 20k people online. If anything, the 1.9 has ensured we have had many players because we are the largest 1.9 server. Downgrounding everything to 1.8 means we lose development on our most popular version (1.9) and means we are trying to compete with a server that already has a loyal 1.8 player base. I think we should focus on continual development and making our games 1.13 when that releases.

I don't believe there are any plans to remove current games, and I also don't believe removing 1.8 support would be the end of the server. The majority of players are on 1.9+, we are not really relying on 1.8.

I mean, if you aren't playing it, you are free to assume what you like, how ever wrong that is.

The most people of the pvp communtie are 1.8 (also me).
And when i join a server with pratice pvp or something else its always 1.8 never saw any 1.9 practise server.
So i think the most people of the pvp are in 1.8 and don't like the new 1.9+ pvp system.
So i think they wan 't 1.8 on cubecraft (if they know what cubecraft is or play on Cubecraft).

c r i n g e

Jul 25, 2016
reprotland.

I didn't say downgrade it, just add 1.8 games for the 1.8 community, maybe if you add lucky islands 1.8 then people would play it and more players? And if 1.8 games would get removed (I know it won't) then there will be even less players.

L

Lightning McQueen

I didn't say downgrade it, just add 1.8 games for the 1.8 community, maybe if you add lucky islands 1.8 then people would play it and more players? And if 1.8 games would get removed (I know it won't) then there will be even less players.
Lucky islands would be so trash in 1.8
The most people of the pvp communtie are 1.8 (also me).
And when i join a server with pratice pvp or something else its always 1.8 never saw any 1.9 practise server.
So i think the most people of the pvp are in 1.8 and don't like the new 1.9+ pvp system.
So i think they wan 't 1.8 on cubecraft (if they know what cubecraft is or play on Cubecraft).
Most pvpers dont like 1.9+ but we do, we’re a majority 1.9 combat server. This is the only server that we can have fun on.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
I hope you all had a great weekend!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welkom terug Bram :)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
Top Bottom