Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Last edited:

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
Great job, it looks amazing and very fun!

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
How specifically? I can't think of a way really to make each block trail behind it, and to detect where the end of the tail is to attach another block to it
There is a entity called "area_effect_cloud" (AEC) which is used for splash potions. It is very handy for this kinda stuff since it has an "Age" tag. It despawns when it is 1 tick old (a 20th of a second). So you can easily control the life duration. If you summon that entity with an age of for example -20, it lives 21 ticks (or 1.05) seconds before it despawns.
So if you summon an AEC with a certain age on a block, and let all the AEC aged 0 remove their blocks, you can make a trail.
It is a bit more complex than that, since you also have to think of making the trail bigger when it eats an apple, but I think that's the best way to explain :).

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
There is a entity called "area_effect_cloud" (AEC) which is used for splash potions. It is very handy for this kinda stuff since it has an "Age" tag. It despawns when it is 1 tick old (a 20th of a second). So you can easily control the life duration. If you summon that entity with an age of for example -20, it lives 21 ticks (or 1.05) seconds before it despawns.
So if you summon an AEC with a certain age on a block, and let all the AEC aged 0 remove their blocks, you can make a trail.
It is a bit more complex than that, since you also have to think of making the trail bigger when it eats an apple, but I think that's the best way to explain :).
Ahhh that's smart! I wouldn't have thought of it myself, I don't even think I'm as advanced as that with command blocks. Thanks for the insight! :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Egg🥚
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on Frontlane's profile.
welcome back :)
ElFlxen_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicidades!
ElFlxen_ wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats! and welcome back! :cubie2:
Top Bottom