• Yes

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
So on Wednesday, Minecraft 1.12, the world of colour update, released. In the update is 48 brand new colourful blocks, and texture updates to wool and shulker boxes to make them brighter. It also included parrots. So, its pretty fair to say that 1.12 is an update that bangs, more so than any other update in some time, maybe ever. So let's see how this update could improve the looks of the server.

cube 1.12.jpg
So I just designed this logo that could be put in the hub to greet players. Its large, with many of the new blocks used, and it even has a magenta cube in front of it.

This update could also improve the looks of a few of the maps in minigames. Some of the maps that have terracotta in them (stained clay was renamed to terracotta in 1.12) could be replaced with concrete if they are wanted to be more colourful.

So overall, a network update to 1.12 would do good for the server in terms of looks. But I'll leave it down to you guys to leave your opinions on this, I've already left mine, and maybe we will be able to use these new blocks on Cube in the near future.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Think of the possibilities.
The Map Rainbow will look more Rainbow! We will be able to have parrots as pets. The Build Team will be able to make better looking maps and even revamp old ones. More particles, more features, better hit detection, more vanity and more more more!
They should definitely update to 1.12! There are no downsides! And if people don't like the new color, and I'm seriously not sure why they wouldn't like it, they can simply use a texture pack, like most already do.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
It's not cubecraft's problem if people want to use old and outdated versions...
you realise 1.12 only came out Wednesday
I don't think that is long enough to consider 1.11.2 outdated and old

about the suggestion
Yeah, funny how they didn't do it eh?
until you stop and think that unless they create another version of the server with all the same games with the use of all these new features
they'd need to remake maps using these blocks if that was an addition
I think by the time they would be finished to perfection 1.12.1 might be out

Reactions: Lilleh__

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
I love this idea, and I support it, but there is one downside that is one of the main reasons CubeCraft still has compatibility with other versions. Not all players play on the most up to date version and there are various reasons why. I myself didn't use 1.11 while playing CubeCraft the entire time it was out because it would glitch some of the icons / items in various game modes on the server for me. Updating to the latest version has been suggested many times in the past. It's a good idea in theory, but CubeCraft may lose some of it's players by doing so and the developers might have other reasons why they won't or haven't yet.

Last edited:

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
This would not really change anything other than make CubeCraft more pretty, so why not? It would be pretty nice to see more color!
PS: Girls can see more shades of color than boys :^) (it is true though)

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
So i was playing flowers FFA since no ground maps were available and in 1.12 that map looks gorgeous . Imagine how much better they would be if concrete was added to maps like that.

Reactions: ChillyTree
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Changed my name to _EliteSexy, so thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🐷
endertom100 wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy birthdayyyy!!! ^-^
xHappyMood wrote on Reesle's profile.
you alright mate? that’s almost 3 years ago 😟
1715860985680.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom