Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!

What do you think of the newly revamped EggWars shop?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
NOTE: Before voting on the poll, please read the entire thread!

Hey CubeCrafters!

As seen in this thread, we’ve released the EggWars Beta for a newly revamped shop! We’re wanting to potentially implement this into the main gamemode and would like to gauge feedback. You’ll be prompted for feedback when your EggWars game finishes, but also, you can give feedback in-game by typing /eggwars feedback. You can vote every 24 hours, in case your opinion changes.

We’ll be monitoring this feedback very closely, and cannot wait to see what you think of the new menus!

If you have any concerns, any form of feedback or any suggestions for alterations, feel free to respond to this thread & vote on the poll if you would or wouldn’t like the new shop in the main gamemode.

We expect you to play a couple of games before voting on this poll- this is important as this will potentially change the landscape of EggWars forever!

Thanks everyone, if you have any questions feel free to comment below! :heart:

Pikachu912

Novice Member
Mar 17, 2019
The main issues I find with this:
The main one at the moment is the 2 secondish delay every time something is selected in the shop, which makes the game so much more clunky, and it's so annoying to shop with it. Aside from that, I would find it easier if after you bought something, the item you just bought would stay selected rather than going back to the item type selection side. I also don't like where favourite items are, but I assume some people would, so it could be good if there was an option to switch between having the favourite items tab at the top or the bottom, as that could account for all players. Also, 5 obsidian is 12 gold rather than the 15 it was before which I'm not sure if that's a bug. Honestly, I prefer the shop before the update which added elytra etc, I found that one way easier to use and smoother.

rubencraft

Aug 1, 2021
DanTDM's Lab
Pronouns
He/Him
Awesome Design!!!
But...

Although the design is superb, the primary issue I might potentially face is the layout. The layout design is user-friendly, simple, and all, but I do not think it's efficient when it comes to rapidly choosing items whilst under attack. rushed, or simply wanting to be speedy. The element of scrolling down until you reach the bottom row where the bundles reside simply takes a lot of time especially if one is being rushed and has to instantly pick an armor or a block bundle.
The way I see it to be efficient is by doing the following changes to the layout...
- In the armor section, I'd prefer the bundle to be right next to the helmet; being the first slot in the row.
1645804874814.png

- In the blocks section I'd prefer if the largest amount of blocks to be placed in the top, and having the amount of blocks to be directly placed in the image as demonestrated in the following image.
1645805435539.png

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
the 2 secondish delay every time something is selected in the shop, which makes the game so much more clunky, and it's so annoying to shop with it.
having the amount of blocks to be directly placed in the image as demonestrated in the following image.
1645805435539.png
I agree with the statements I quoted above. Though I personally do not always have a delay with the menu loading in (on a high end device), but it does happen often enough for it to be annoying.

Next to that, I would prefer to have your token balance visible in the favourites items menu. I do understand that a guiding message is useful for new users, but the current one is not reason enough to keep it and not add the token balance. Preferably have both an updated guideance message and the token balance, but I can't think of a way to get both and still have it look clean.
1645809975678.png

There also is not a way to edit your favourite items from the favourites item part of the shop. I personally found it difficult to find the heart for editing the favourite items shop.

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I didnt notice this

Look at this

sajanator3

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2021
I really like it but it does have its flaws.

Here is a list of problems I have at the moment that I would like fixed:

1) It is very slow compared to the shop before, so if anything can be done to fix that, it'd be really nice
2) There is not really a way to favourite stuff in the new egg wars shop menu, using the new UI, and the old UI limits the amount of favourite items, where there can be much more stuff shown in the new menu.

3) The shop menu should open in the favourites menu by default

4) For those who have been playing for a very long time, they have muscle memory for the old shop menu. So a nether games style toggle to go from new to old and old to new shop menu would be REALLY convenient.

This is what I mean by a toggle. In this server you can go between the different shop menu UI's
1645814868900.png

I think this setting should be located here
1645814936415.png

xJupaa

Novice Member
Dec 25, 2021
earth
Pronouns
He/Him

Hey CubeCrafters!

As seen in this thread, we’ve released the EggWars Beta for a newly revamped shop! We’re wanting to potentially implement this into the main gamemode and would like to gauge feedback. You’ll be prompted for feedback when your EggWars game finishes, but also, you can give feedback in-game by typing /eggwars feedback. You can vote every 24 hours, in case your opinion changes.

We’ll be monitoring this feedback very closely, and cannot wait to see what you think of the new menus!

If you have any concerns, any form of feedback or any suggestions for alterations, feel free to respond to this thread & vote on the poll if you would or wouldn’t like the new shop in the main gamemode.

We expect you to play a couple of games before voting on this poll- this is important as this will potentially change the landscape of EggWars forever!

Thanks everyone, if you have any questions feel free to comment below
the menu is very chaotic and i think its hard i am starting to be a big fan of the new ui but in eggwars it just doesnt fit
many eggwars mains would quit i think so its better to keep the menu clean and simple

xorg2907

Jun 27, 2021
The new look is absolutely amazing and useful but when it comes to fast moves
1)Select map in eggWars is at the very end and takes a lot of effort to spot
2)The new shop in eggwars wast necessary and slow to use although the look is great but doesn’t matter since functioning is a bit slower and navigating takes a lot more time even if you master it.

And I absolutely loved this Idea since it opens a new way of customizing and satisfies everyone that supports or doesn’t support the function of the shop.

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

Hey CubeCrafters!

Thanks everyone, if you have any questions feel free to comment below! :heart:
Hey! It's really cool, but I don't think it needs to be animated, this is laggy (Or add an option Animated UI On/Off)

Reactions: 💀 Camgames 🎃

deadlaycraft

Aug 14, 2019
It makes me so exited seeing a brand new UI for the whole of Cubecraft, and I'm so happy that the shop is also getting the upgrade it deserves. However I have a couple of issues with it, only a few, which when fixed will make this a fantastic addition to Cubecraft.

Things I like:

1. The design looks amazing. the colours and fonts all make it look so cool. The fact that everything is bigger is a huge bonus.
  2. The design is much more practical for users on other devices such as phones.
  3. Its just a lot cleaner to look at
  4. its much more simple and obvious

Areas of improvement:

1. Slightly laggy - I'm sure this is something you are working on. It is in beta after all. This issue isn't too bad but people who like to play fast would find this annoying.
  2. There should be an animation toggle. The animations are awesome and really clean, but for some they might be too slow, especially for fast-paced play. I do not think they should be removed, but the ability to turn them off, much like in the Minecraft video settings, would be really useful.
  3. it should be a little smaller in the shop. I think the main Cubecraft ones are perfect, but I feel like in the shop the options could be a tad bit smaller. Not much though as I do realise that the players on touch controls may find it useful to have bigger buttons.
  4. Armour bundles need to be moved. This is probably my biggest issue with the design, as I have to scroll down to select leather armour. Perhaps moving them to the top or to the side may be a good idea.

There are many areas of improvement to be looked at, but I think that everything works really well and everything looks amazing. However, please change the armour bundles position as that is really important in my opinion. All these UI changes, especially the new shop, make me very exited for the future of Cubecraft. Well done to whoever made the new UI.

beanz

Novice Member
Mar 28, 2021
Somewhere..
I love the UI, also excuse my incredibly outdated pfp. However I believe there could be some amazing changes made here.

The UI is fairly hard to navigate with controller, because when you open the menu the 'Exit' button is automatically highlighted, which makes it hard to select one of the topics when using controller.

I would also suggest having the block / item quantities stated so hovering isn't needed to view the item.

The menu animations need to be a littler faster, it would add efficiency to the already clean-looking animations.

When navigating the menu with controller; fast-pace purchases are unable to be made with these new menus, I would suggest making them a little more controller friendly, ( this relates to my first suggestion too ).

I feel like the UI is incredibly mouse and mobile friendly, but controller aspects is needed to be looked at more.

Other than that the new UI is very well made!

DapDap371

Feb 9, 2021
Hi I have played a few games on the new mode and I have some suggestions and some bugs that I have found:

Suggestions:

-Add 6 more favourite item slots to fill up the page, as in the previous shop the main concern was the scroll distance now with the extra space it would be nice to see 12 favourite items.

-When an item is bought or the menu is just opened all of the images are blank for around 2 seconds before they load in (I assume this may be to check if you still have the recourses to purchase that item and update the texture) however it needs to be faster for smoother gameplay or else the new shop we not be viable in eggwars considering how fast many people need to be in the shop

-In the armour tab (sort of similar to java) between the purchase items and other tabs, it should display what armour they user is currently wearing

-On most of the menus that have less than 12 available items you are still able to scroll down when there is nothing to scroll to and all of the buttons are fully accessible at the top

-You can only enter the add favourites mode when no shop tabs are open and the only way of exiting the item tab that you are looking at is by closing the shop therefore:

-You should be able to pick new favourite items from within the favourite item menu (especially when none are selected). If some/most slots are filled it should be moved to in order to not interfere with gameplay

-Every time you buy an item the animation of that tab moving out as if you just opened it for the first time plays, this also happens when you try to buy an item but cant afford it. I think the animation should only play when you first change from one tab to that one or just open that tab for the first time rather then when you buy an item.

-Next to some of the multiple items where you can buy multiple it should display how many you are buying (image attached)

-The change egg skin button should be removed, as it is intuitive that you would be able to change the shop skin at the shop and you can currently change your egg skin by clicking on your egg.

-Put the armour bundles before the individual pieces of armour as they are more commonly bought

Bugs:

-Missing texture for "Enchant all armour Unbreaking 1" (overpowered mode)
-Missing Texture for "Strength Potion" (overpowered mode)
-Missing texture for "Slowness Arrow" (overpowered mode)
-Missing texture for "Slowness Arrow x16" (overpowered mode)
-Missing texture for "Slowness Arrow x32" (overpowered mode)
-Missing texture for "Weakness Arrow" (overpowered mode)
-Missing texture for "Weakness Arrow x16" (overpowered mode)
-Missing texture for "Weakness Arrow x32" (overpowered mode)
-Missing Texture for "Chest" (normal mode)

Before the new UI get rolled out the biggest concern is the 2 second delay of the textures loading when you open the shop.
Personally I really like the feel that Cubecraft is going for with the new UI and the textures for the whole thing looks really clean.

Attachments

• Cubecraft_Shop.png
    Cubecraft_Shop.png
    969.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
Several Of these points have already been mentioned, And some might be new but

-Laggy, Needed to fix the Time to open is too long

-When Opening the Menu, it opens At weapons for me (3 Down) This is difficult because I am an Xbox controller player (When going to favourite items it takes me to the bottom item, Which is steak)

-Bundles of Armour is difficult to buy, What should happen is that the bundle of armour is at the top, And the other armour sets is below it, This fixes issues for space, and looks cleaner

-Show the Number of Blocks you are buying, with the most blocks being at the top

-Custom textures for items that show up more than once (E.G: Diamond Sword, It shows up 3 times in Overpowered, Sharp 2, Sharp 5 and Sharp 8)

-In Archery Main Menu it should be Bow then Arrow, (That isn't needed just bugs me) And Weakness and slowness arrow textures don't show up

-Show the number of items we have in favourite items, At the cost of saying what it is, (Also make it easier to find how to add items like Kloska mentioned)

-Move The favourite maps section to where the food bundle currently is/ It is too small and hard to see considering a lot of people have egg wars rank.

Bold is the important things

TL: DR
- Way to Laggy to Open - Times need to be cut down
- The menu opens too far down the controller
- Bundles too hard to buy
- Show the number of blocks you are buying
- Custom textures for items that show up more than once
- Bow then arrow in textures, And weakness and slowness arrow textures don't show up
- Show the number of resources we have in favourite items,
- Move the Favourite maps section to where the food bundle is currently

I feel like I wrote more for this than I do for some of my work in like 2 weeks.

JMcStarrison

Novice Member
Sep 27, 2020
Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m sorry, but I didn’t like the new EggWars shop layouts, thus I wouldn’t like to see this in the real game. Here’s why: a lot of us EggWars players (especially scrim players) are already used to the old shop layout and if we were to move on to this new layout, not only it would be laggy and hard to navigate, but it would also mess up our muscle memory, which sadly is my problem. It would be better if we keep the good ol’ EggWars shop layout. It would be better if we keep the penguins in the South Pole, rather than migrate all of them into the North Pole by force.

Reactions: sliticc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom