Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
Uhm, I doubt that "2.1 - Swearing" is clear.

"Swearing is defined as the use of offensive language such as profanities, expletives, or other language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users"

This would include messages like:
EZ, noob, cheater, hacker, or any other accusation. Because these are all used to either belittle, offend or upset someone else. But when actually reporting these kinds of accusations or provocations they are denied. There must be a better way to make clear what is and is not swearing.

EDIT:
I just saw this message from Marieke2001:
We review these cases with the entire Moderation team (: if someone is extremely harrassing, toxic or bullying it can have consequences. Noob or ez does not fall under this.

How is it fair for a moderation team to decide if something is offensive to or upsetting the "victim"? There are still cases where players get belittled, offended or upset by other's a whole lot, but not enough for even a warning.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
How is it fair for a moderation team to decide if something is offensive to or upsetting the "victim"? There are still cases where players get belittled, offended or upset by other's a whole lot, but not enough for even a warning.
There is a difference between seriously bullying someone or just having to grow a thicker skin imo. We can’t block or punish for every offensive thing, which is why we review bullying reports with the entire team, to make sure that we differentiate between what can seriously cause harm to children or what is not nice to say. If players get upset about the word ez or noob, then i’m sorry, but imo they should reconsider if games with chats are really something suited for them, as toxiticy will always be around you in every game with chats.

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
I am talking about more harassing things than 'ez' and 'noob'. Like people who write at least four sentences to belittle someone else for the sole purpose to upset and harm them.

I thought this was not put in the rules, but if I am correct, what you (@Marieke2001) just said is stated in the rules as:
"Bullying punishments are at the discretion of the moderation team."
Is this correct?

I do feel that (at least in the past) the moderation team is very chill in what is allowed. This created a toxic environment where toxicity is a good thing and encouraged, creating more toxicity in the process. I can only hope that the moderation team will be more protective of the cubecraft environment for everyone's mental health. I have had cases that, if happend in real life instead of on cubecraft, would result in jail time, but the moderation team believes it's totally okay and even a warning is not needed.

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
If there not streaming there not stream sniping basically everyone stream is a stream snipe me stream.Also smaller youtubers or people who haven’t applied could get sniped a hole lot.I’m pretty worried about non YouTube rank cubetubers some of them have 1000s of subs so they have a large amount of people targeting them.Tbh I think targeting should be bannable.

Because streamers are actually complaining about being targeted.Stream sniping is different from being targeting because for stream sniping they at least go for others before the streamer.Also stream sniping is a huge demographic of bedrock there’s tons and this rule is kinda pointless.

In conclusion I thunk the stream sniping rule should be changed to targeting a staff or Youtuber. I don’t even think anyone on bedrock targets staff lol.

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
Tbh I think targeting should be bannable.
I do not think that targeting as a single instance can be punished. There have been times where I needed to get away from my own island, but still need a shop to buy stuff. I get to a shop somewhere far from the danger on my own island. This could be seen as targeting on the other side.

I thunk the stream sniping rule should be changed to targeting a staff or Youtuber.
I do believe that targeting is a problem that needs to be tackled though. When someone targets you an excessive amount of times, you should be able to report this. I do not see the difference between stream sniping a youtuber and targeting any player an excessive amount of times.
I don't completely know what stream sniping is meant to mean. I think you misuse the information (location, resources, etc.) you get via the stream to target the youtuber.

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
I do not think that targeting as a single instance can be punished. There have been times where I needed to get away from my own island, but still need a shop to buy stuff. I get to a shop somewhere far from the danger on my own island. This could be seen as targeting on the other side.

I do believe that targeting is a problem that needs to be tackled though. When someone targets you an excessive amount of times, you should be able to report this. I do not see the difference between stream sniping a youtuber and targeting any player an excessive amount of times.
I don't completely know what stream sniping is meant to mean. I think you misuse the information (location, resources, etc.) you get via the stream to target the youtuber.
Stream sniping is participating in a stream snipe me where the streamer will say 3 2 1 go and they’ll are jump in the portal.Stream sniping is different from targeting.Targeting is going across the map ignoring everyone and just going for one person or team. I’m not sure why only content Creators can report but this rule wouldn’t really do anything because basically no one does it unless asked in most if not like 999.000999% of cases. I’m also pretty sure most streamers care about being targeted.Related says in almost all but like 1 stream because they were going for wr it’s ok to stream snipe but don’t target.

I’m pretty sure like almost all streams on ccg are stream snipe me.

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
1613507605328.png

Now there is a Duos SG, so I think someone's gonna change that, but IDK.

Have a nice day human (probably).

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
Stream sniping is participating in a stream snipe me where the streamer will say 3 2 1 go and they’ll are jump in the portal.
Seems like stream sniping is participating in the same game as the streamer. And they are mostly invited?

I am confused why this case is mentioned in the rules, if it wouldn't be a big issue.

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
1) Why did the clarification for Eggwars camping get removed? The rules used to state that "protecting your egg or gathering resources wasn't considered camping" but now with that rule removed it seems that protecting your egg could get you reported / banned for camping. I honestly think that protecting your egg should NOT be considered camping.. it's the entire raison d'être of eggwars is it not?

Another example of where the "gathering resources" rule is useful... let's say you've played a rush game but it's taken a while and you get to the last player who is stacked with full diamond armour etc as they've farmed the entire game and they've just got your egg... many players will probably want to avoid fighting them until they can at least have a fairer fight (of course I know that some people can fight full iron with no armour and a 1 iron pic, but they're corner case and not who I'm talking about). So if the clause was removed, avoiding the fight until you've "stacked up" would now be considered camping? Seems wrong to me and rewards farming over rushing a bit unfairly.

3) I think the rule "Stream sniping a content creator or a staff member an excessive amount of times is also considered Trolling" is badly worded and needs to be something more like..
"Targeting a content creator or a staff member an excessive amount of times is also considered Trolling"
...otherwise you could in theory get a ban for getting into a YT'ers game too often other than what I would think is the intended reason for the rule which is to stop hard targeting in snipe games. I know staff and Yt'ers aren't daft and wouldn't just report someone for getting in their game too many times but I think the rule needs a little extra clarity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wave Master7S

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
1) Why did the clarification for Eggwars camping get removed?
The rule is more generic now. You are allowed to camp anywhere on the initial map, and surely your egg and all resource locations are found on the initial map. Only skybuilding high up and down below are considered punishable camping spots. The rule you thought went missing is still there! :D

Reactions: ProfParzival

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
The rule is more generic now. You are allowed to camp anywhere on the initial map, and surely your egg and all resource locations are found on the initial map. Only skybuilding high up and down below are considered punishable camping spots. The rule you thought went missing is still there! :D
Ooooh. ok. I think that makes sense, thanks. Interesting

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
With the new stream sniping rule you can by chance get in a streamers game 4 or 5 times and I could be playing normally not even knowing their a content Creator then I get ban!?!?

Jan 25, 2021
Hello CubeCraft community! 👋

Today we are releasing a major update to our rules for all our platforms.

I want to thank all community members, our partners, and our moderation team for their feedback and suggestions.

Right now, the English version of the rules has been updated, and versions in all supported languages will be added soon.

📖 List of changes

-Added a full list of camping examples
-Added Among Slimes rules
-Added stream sniping
-Added hate speech
-Added harassing to our swearing punishment
-Added forums rules and punishment tracks
-Added Discord rules and punishment tracks
-Added Discord tempbans
-Exploiting and bug abuse bans are now combined and both fall under the bug abuse punishment.
-Sentinel 7 days bans have been removed. (*)
-Sentinel and staff cheating bans are considered the same offence, however, they remain two separate punishment tracks for the foreseeable future.
-Tons of clarification to our previous rules

We recommend reading our updated rules here: cbecrft.net/rules

We will continue to make adjustments if necessary and these (if minor) will be reported in the #changelogs channel on our Discord server.

Not part of our Discord community yet? Don't wait any longer and join! discord.gg/cubecraft

*to be implemented some days after this announcement
where's the funny?

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
It's also team trolling as it's more difficult for their team to win with one player less
This kind of makes me wonder if it's the same as just leaving the game. There's no reason why they wouldn't, after all. Or at least to my knowledge there isn't a reason. I've never spam left cause I wasn't the imposter before, so I guess I wouldn't know.

乁(ᴗ ͜ʖ ᴗ)ㄏ

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
This kind of makes me wonder if it's the same as just leaving the game. There's no reason why they wouldn't, after all. Or at least to my knowledge there isn't a reason. I've never spam left cause I wasn't the imposter before, so I guess I wouldn't know.

乁(ᴗ ͜ʖ ᴗ)ㄏ

Well that instance is different, because leaving the game makes you have a smaller chance to be imposter for the next game, while getting voted out doesn't. It's basically exploiting a mechanic of the game in order to leave without lowering odds and avoid playing as a crewmate.

ayano0

Feb 23, 2021
waiting for removal of trolling as an traping player in obi on eggwars, its not like he would win anyway and he can always leave
wait, we can't stone trap ppl in pvp because it is trolling? I used it for defending myself for twice

m00tis

Mar 28, 2021
Hello CubeCraft community! 👋

Today we are releasing a major update to our rules for all our platforms.

I want to thank all community members, our partners, and our moderation team for their feedback and suggestions.

Right now, the English version of the rules has been updated, and versions in all supported languages will be added soon.

📖 List of changes

-Added a full list of camping examples
-Added Among Slimes rules
-Added stream sniping
-Added hate speech
-Added harassing to our swearing punishment
-Added forums rules and punishment tracks
-Added Discord rules and punishment tracks
-Added Discord tempbans
-Exploiting and bug abuse bans are now combined and both fall under the bug abuse punishment.
-Sentinel 7 days bans have been removed. (*)
-Sentinel and staff cheating bans are considered the same offence, however, they remain two separate punishment tracks for the foreseeable future.
-Tons of clarification to our previous rules

We recommend reading our updated rules here: cbecrft.net/rules

We will continue to make adjustments if necessary and these (if minor) will be reported in the #changelogs channel on our Discord server.

Not part of our Discord community yet? Don't wait any longer and join! discord.gg/cubecraft

*to be implemented some days after this announcement
Nice! Thanks for improving the community!

Top Bottom