Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

hmshood2199

Jun 19, 2022
Philippines
Hey CubeCrafters!

Nearly 10 years ago CubeCraft was created by @rubik_cube_man , this birth occurred on the original version of Minecraft, Java Edition. We've been a Java server for most of our history, we pioneered all of our current Bedrock games on this version. Today we sit here with a huge platform which has held over 25 games loved by tens of millions of players all over the world.

I was one of these millions of players, joining in 2014 to pass time whilst I was in school, it ended up being more fun than I could've imagined and now I've been here for 8 years and now operate internally with the rest of the team working on making those same experiences for other players.

Working at CubeCraft has been super fun, I love spending months on updates and then watching all of you experience it and talk about it. Those release days are always my favourite even if they are a bit stressful! One of the things I've learned from being on the CubeCraft Team is that sometimes tough decisions need to be made.

Even as a loving dedicated community member I am faced with one reality, our Java platform is struggling. It cannot support itself with 1,000 players, especially with its current structure which was intended for way more.

I don't want to be a big Godzilla and ruin everything for all of you, I came onto the CubeCraft team to make things better no matter what, sometimes this can only be achieved by taking risks.

At this time, Java needs to grow beyond 1,000 players or we will need to close it. This is sad news but rather than come to you today to tell you we are closing Java, we are here instead to unveil some of our big plans to deliver amazing experiences to even more players, to inspire them like I was way back in 2014.

So what is happening exactly?

🪄 Update to 1.19

We will be fully updating CubeCraft Java & Bedrock to Minecraft 1.19. ✨

Starting from today, our team will be focussed on bringing a huge 1.19 update to Java & Bedrock, featuring all new content, as such we will not be making any changes to the network for approximately 4 months until this is completed.

It will be all hands on-deck for this exciting new chapter, we cannot wait to welcome you all (and frogs View attachment 214671) into the new CubeCraft era with all the amazing content that comes with it.

⚙️ Java Changes

One of the issues we've currently addressed from our player reduction is a lack of games starting in many periods of the day. We have decided to remove these games & modes in order to keep the network going until we can relaunch our amazing update in a few months.

As of September 5th, Java will only consist of the following library of games:
  • Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

In addition to these changes we will also be reducing Lucky Islands, SkyWars & EggWars to 6 maps each.

These changes are in preparation for our 1.19 update on the horizon, which will have much more polished maps featuring many new mechanics from all the versions we've missed. We've made this change early to avoid confusing players on release.

Our new 1.19 maps will have more map-only features for example; a swamp map with mangrove trees & boats at mid. A nether map in the nether dimension with blazes at mid that drop items or striders that take you to generators above lava. The possibilities are endless!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What maps are staying?

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

Q: Is there any chance for these modes to be added back again?

A: Absolutely. We are currently in a position where we need to grow our network, additional content can return once we're certain they can start in all times again and that they are still fun!

Q: Why can't you just put them in featured games and keep this system?

A: Featured Games as a concept was intended to have players squeeze together into small timeframes so that the games could start properly and wouldn't need to be removed. We are at a point where even featured games cannot be supported, it's also a difficult system to maintain. We'd like to focus our efforts on the remaining popular games and new exciting content to grow the network.

Q: Are the removed Java-only games going to be on Bedrock?

A: They could in the future, we currently have no plans for those specific games however we'd like to try everything in our Bedrock 'Beta Games' at some point to see how they perform on that platform.

Q: If you aren't doing updates for 4 months, is Halloween cancelled?

A: Due to the fact that seasonal updates don't require much development resources and that we had most of it completed already. We've decided to release Halloween as normal in October!

We all remember the excitement of enjoying CubeCraft for the first time, the buzz of meeting new friends and having new experiences. I'm very excited to get Java back to this point so we can provide amazing experiences through the Java platform once again like we did all those years ago.

That's everything we have for you today, thank you so much for reading!
that's nice update

dreamydreams

Aug 2, 2022
Team Eggwars is no fun alone when playing against the tryhard parties. Struggling to get iron because the randoms are just sitting on iron and not doing anything, then when you finally have enough, the tryharders are already sitting in mid or rushing a team. Defeat one, and they'll cry on their Discord call, in the game chat and start target with 4 man strong lmao.

Still hoping they manage to turn things around for the server, but eh guess I'll see in a month or 3/4 if anything is changing or if doom is even more certain.

Lucky for me, I just got into the MCC Island beta. What a breath of fresh air.

Lunkie

Sep 23, 2022
Nice way to kill your server even more, tower defense had alot of players even without any updates in years. Remember the time cubecraft had thousands of players all the time, good times now we have this bs.

Reactions: josepadgui

Shmee1501655

Novice Member
Sep 13, 2021
When it says that the java network has to grow beyond 1000 players, does that mean 1000 players at ALL TIMES, or SOME TIMES. At night, Cubecraft only has about 300 players sometimes but at some times of the day, it reaches 1000. Please don't close the server before the big 1.19 update.

Reactions: FoxFil_

MiniOre

May 15, 2022
Hey CubeCrafters!

Nearly 10 years ago CubeCraft was created by @rubik_cube_man , this birth occurred on the original version of Minecraft, Java Edition. We've been a Java server for most of our history, we pioneered all of our current Bedrock games on this version. Today we sit here with a huge platform which has held over 25 games loved by tens of millions of players all over the world.

I was one of these millions of players, joining in 2014 to pass time whilst I was in school, it ended up being more fun than I could've imagined and now I've been here for 8 years and now operate internally with the rest of the team working on making those same experiences for other players.

Working at CubeCraft has been super fun, I love spending months on updates and then watching all of you experience it and talk about it. Those release days are always my favourite even if they are a bit stressful! One of the things I've learned from being on the CubeCraft Team is that sometimes tough decisions need to be made.

Even as a loving dedicated community member I am faced with one reality, our Java platform is struggling. It cannot support itself with 1,000 players, especially with its current structure which was intended for way more.

I don't want to be a big Godzilla and ruin everything for all of you, I came onto the CubeCraft team to make things better no matter what, sometimes this can only be achieved by taking risks.

At this time, Java needs to grow beyond 1,000 players or we will need to close it. This is sad news but rather than come to you today to tell you we are closing Java, we are here instead to unveil some of our big plans to deliver amazing experiences to even more players, to inspire them like I was way back in 2014.

So what is happening exactly?

🪄 Update to 1.19

We will be fully updating CubeCraft Java & Bedrock to Minecraft 1.19. ✨

Starting from today, our team will be focussed on bringing a huge 1.19 update to Java & Bedrock, featuring all new content, as such we will not be making any changes to the network for approximately 4 months until this is completed.

It will be all hands on-deck for this exciting new chapter, we cannot wait to welcome you all (and frogs View attachment 214671) into the new CubeCraft era with all the amazing content that comes with it.

⚙️ Java Changes

One of the issues we've currently addressed from our player reduction is a lack of games starting in many periods of the day. We have decided to remove these games & modes in order to keep the network going until we can relaunch our amazing update in a few months.

As of September 5th, Java will only consist of the following library of games:
  • Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

In addition to these changes we will also be reducing Lucky Islands, SkyWars & EggWars to 6 maps each.

These changes are in preparation for our 1.19 update on the horizon, which will have much more polished maps featuring many new mechanics from all the versions we've missed. We've made this change early to avoid confusing players on release.

Our new 1.19 maps will have more map-only features for example; a swamp map with mangrove trees & boats at mid. A nether map in the nether dimension with blazes at mid that drop items or striders that take you to generators above lava. The possibilities are endless!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What maps are staying?

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

Q: Is there any chance for these modes to be added back again?

A: Absolutely. We are currently in a position where we need to grow our network, additional content can return once we're certain they can start in all times again and that they are still fun!

Q: Why can't you just put them in featured games and keep this system?

A: Featured Games as a concept was intended to have players squeeze together into small timeframes so that the games could start properly and wouldn't need to be removed. We are at a point where even featured games cannot be supported, it's also a difficult system to maintain. We'd like to focus our efforts on the remaining popular games and new exciting content to grow the network.

Q: Are the removed Java-only games going to be on Bedrock?

A: They could in the future, we currently have no plans for those specific games however we'd like to try everything in our Bedrock 'Beta Games' at some point to see how they perform on that platform.

Q: If you aren't doing updates for 4 months, is Halloween cancelled?

A: Due to the fact that seasonal updates don't require much development resources and that we had most of it completed already. We've decided to release Halloween as normal in October!

We all remember the excitement of enjoying CubeCraft for the first time, the buzz of meeting new friends and having new experiences. I'm very excited to get Java back to this point so we can provide amazing experiences through the Java platform once again like we did all those years ago.

That's everything we have for you today, thank you so much for reading!
About the 1.19 update change, what if i don't update the game to 1.19? will i miss some features?

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
@Story If the java network needs to be closed, after the update, what will happen to the ranks purchased on the java version? Will they get transferred, or just removed?

Dustybonss

Apr 16, 2016
Wow the only reason i come back on is for minerware with friends and now its gone, just came on for minerweare and found this info literally dead server now and would be suprised if people come back

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom