Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Shmee1501655

Novice Member
Sep 13, 2021
Please don't remove the Bonsai map to solo lucky islands. It was my favorite map! You could just choose the warrior kit, spawn, and run right over to the next island without having to bridge. instant kills. Also, im a diamond ranker and i want to know what will happen if the server closes. i don't want to have payed 50 bucks for a diamond rank only to have it go down the drain.

Shmee1501655

Novice Member
Sep 13, 2021
Remember what happened when The Hive closed its java network? Please keep all the other game modes until the 1.19 update to keep the community alive. removing the game modes is only going to draw players away. cubecraft needs to do something the other servers don't. something hypixel cant do. cubecraft can stay alive! #cubecraftneverdies

Reactions: Rocks1 and KClights

AhmetMunirUgur

Novice Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hey CubeCrafters!

Nearly 10 years ago CubeCraft was created by @rubik_cube_man , this birth occurred on the original version of Minecraft, Java Edition. We've been a Java server for most of our history, we pioneered all of our current Bedrock games on this version. Today we sit here with a huge platform which has held over 25 games loved by tens of millions of players all over the world.

I was one of these millions of players, joining in 2014 to pass time whilst I was in school, it ended up being more fun than I could've imagined and now I've been here for 8 years and now operate internally with the rest of the team working on making those same experiences for other players.

Working at CubeCraft has been super fun, I love spending months on updates and then watching all of you experience it and talk about it. Those release days are always my favourite even if they are a bit stressful! One of the things I've learned from being on the CubeCraft Team is that sometimes tough decisions need to be made.

Even as a loving dedicated community member I am faced with one reality, our Java platform is struggling. It cannot support itself with 1,000 players, especially with its current structure which was intended for way more.

I don't want to be a big Godzilla and ruin everything for all of you, I came onto the CubeCraft team to make things better no matter what, sometimes this can only be achieved by taking risks.

At this time, Java needs to grow beyond 1,000 players or we will need to close it. This is sad news but rather than come to you today to tell you we are closing Java, we are here instead to unveil some of our big plans to deliver amazing experiences to even more players, to inspire them like I was way back in 2014.

So what is happening exactly?

🪄 Update to 1.19

We will be fully updating CubeCraft Java & Bedrock to Minecraft 1.19. ✨

Starting from today, our team will be focussed on bringing a huge 1.19 update to Java & Bedrock, featuring all new content, as such we will not be making any changes to the network for approximately 4 months until this is completed.

It will be all hands on-deck for this exciting new chapter, we cannot wait to welcome you all (and frogs View attachment 214671) into the new CubeCraft era with all the amazing content that comes with it.

⚙️ Java Changes

One of the issues we've currently addressed from our player reduction is a lack of games starting in many periods of the day. We have decided to remove these games & modes in order to keep the network going until we can relaunch our amazing update in a few months.

As of September 5th, Java will only consist of the following library of games:
  • Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

In addition to these changes we will also be reducing Lucky Islands, SkyWars & EggWars to 6 maps each.

These changes are in preparation for our 1.19 update on the horizon, which will have much more polished maps featuring many new mechanics from all the versions we've missed. We've made this change early to avoid confusing players on release.

Our new 1.19 maps will have more map-only features for example; a swamp map with mangrove trees & boats at mid. A nether map in the nether dimension with blazes at mid that drop items or striders that take you to generators above lava. The possibilities are endless!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What maps are staying?

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushrooms
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

Q: Is there any chance for these modes to be added back again?

A: Absolutely. We are currently in a position where we need to grow our network, additional content can return once we're certain they can start in all times again and that they are still fun!

Q: Why can't you just put them in featured games and keep this system?

A: Featured Games as a concept was intended to have players squeeze together into small timeframes so that the games could start properly and wouldn't need to be removed. We are at a point where even featured games cannot be supported, it's also a difficult system to maintain. We'd like to focus our efforts on the remaining popular games and new exciting content to grow the network.

Q: Are the removed Java-only games going to be on Bedrock?

A: They could in the future, we currently have no plans for those specific games however we'd like to try everything in our Bedrock 'Beta Games' at some point to see how they perform on that platform.

Q: If you aren't doing updates for 4 months, is Halloween cancelled?

A: Due to the fact that seasonal updates don't require much development resources and that we had most of it completed already. We've decided to release Halloween as normal in October!

We all remember the excitement of enjoying CubeCraft for the first time, the buzz of meeting new friends and having new experiences. I'm very excited to get Java back to this point so we can provide amazing experiences through the Java platform once again like we did all those years ago.

That's everything we have for you today, thank you so much for reading!
Hey CubeCrafters!

Nearly 10 years ago CubeCraft was created by @rubik_cube_man , this birth occurred on the original version of Minecraft, Java Edition. We've been a Java server for most of our history, we pioneered all of our current Bedrock games on this version. Today we sit here with a huge platform which has held over 25 games loved by tens of millions of players all over the world.

I was one of these millions of players, joining in 2014 to pass time whilst I was in school, it ended up being more fun than I could've imagined and now I've been here for 8 years and now operate internally with the rest of the team working on making those same experiences for other players.

Working at CubeCraft has been super fun, I love spending months on updates and then watching all of you experience it and talk about it. Those release days are always my favourite even if they are a bit stressful! One of the things I've learned from being on the CubeCraft Team is that sometimes tough decisions need to be made.

Even as a loving dedicated community member I am faced with one reality, our Java platform is struggling. It cannot support itself with 1,000 players, especially with its current structure which was intended for way more.

I don't want to be a big Godzilla and ruin everything for all of you, I came onto the CubeCraft team to make things better no matter what, sometimes this can only be achieved by taking risks.

At this time, Java needs to grow beyond 1,000 players or we will need to close it. This is sad news but rather than come to you today to tell you we are closing Java, we are here instead to unveil some of our big plans to deliver amazing experiences to even more players, to inspire them like I was way back in 2014.

So what is happening exactly?

🪄 Update to 1.19

We will be fully updating CubeCraft Java & Bedrock to Minecraft 1.19. ✨

Starting from today, our team will be focussed on bringing a huge 1.19 update to Java & Bedrock, featuring all new content, as such we will not be making any changes to the network for approximately 4 months until this is completed.

It will be all hands on-deck for this exciting new chapter, we cannot wait to welcome you all (and frogs View attachment 214671) into the new CubeCraft era with all the amazing content that comes with it.

⚙️ Java Changes

One of the issues we've currently addressed from our player reduction is a lack of games starting in many periods of the day. We have decided to remove these games & modes in order to keep the network going until we can relaunch our amazing update in a few months.

As of September 5th, Java will only consist of the following library of games:
  • Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

In addition to these changes we will also be reducing Lucky Islands, SkyWars & EggWars to 6 maps each.

These changes are in preparation for our 1.19 update on the horizon, which will have much more polished maps featuring many new mechanics from all the versions we've missed. We've made this change early to avoid confusing players on release.

Our new 1.19 maps will have more map-only features for example; a swamp map with mangrove trees & boats at mid. A nether map in the nether dimension with blazes at mid that drop items or striders that take you to generators above lava. The possibilities are endless!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What maps are staying?

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushrooms
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

Q: Is there any chance for these modes to be added back again?

A: Absolutely. We are currently in a position where we need to grow our network, additional content can return once we're certain they can start in all times again and that they are still fun!

Q: Why can't you just put them in featured games and keep this system?

A: Featured Games as a concept was intended to have players squeeze together into small timeframes so that the games could start properly and wouldn't need to be removed. We are at a point where even featured games cannot be supported, it's also a difficult system to maintain. We'd like to focus our efforts on the remaining popular games and new exciting content to grow the network.

Q: Are the removed Java-only games going to be on Bedrock?

A: They could in the future, we currently have no plans for those specific games however we'd like to try everything in our Bedrock 'Beta Games' at some point to see how they perform on that platform.

Q: If you aren't doing updates for 4 months, is Halloween cancelled?

A: Due to the fact that seasonal updates don't require much development resources and that we had most of it completed already. We've decided to release Halloween as normal in October!

We all remember the excitement of enjoying CubeCraft for the first time, the buzz of meeting new friends and having new experiences. I'm very excited to get Java back to this point so we can provide amazing experiences through the Java platform once again like we did all those years ago.

That's everything we have for you today, thank you so much for reading!
We're looking forward to see 1.19 Cubecraft Java Update! I'm so excited!

• Heart
Reactions: GiGaGekkies

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Did you read their reason of them doing this? server wouldn't be alive after 1 year after not doing anything about losing players.
after 1.19 updates/after the 4 months i bet it will have more players and if they don't so be it. dont be toxic about it though. :)
No i didnt. I never read any update cubecraft brings out

Reactions: Rocks1

Onmogelijk

Jan 7, 2020
Understandable what ur guys doing rn. Some gamemodes like Team Skywars or Featured games were pretty dead. Its just a dejavu moment of 2018. Let's hope this will revive java again. But one question, why did you removed the good maps of Solo Skywars ._.

zMoomin

Jun 28, 2022
Finland
Pronouns
He/Him
Interesting concept. I play lucky islands mainly, and I'd imagine that Team Lucky Islands would attract more players than Solo Lucky Islands. I, at least, find Team much more fun since you get to collaborate with different teams and in different constellations, which makes it way more diverse than Solo. I get way more easily bored at Solo than at Team just because of the diversity. I'd suggest swapping Team Lucky for Solo so that we keep Team and discard Solo. Reduce the number of maps, but I'd like to see one 2 player map, one 3 player map, one 4, one 6 and one 8 or something like that, having the same number of players in every team also gets boring rather quickly. I hope for the best but fear for the worst.

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I could not have said this any better

The team has spent a long time figuring out what to do with Java, whether that's from doing a larger update or not. This is the best compromise that you could ask for.

I think the fact that Java isn't being shut entirely is an absolute blessing, let's be real here.
I think a lot of people are mad/sad because the process that lead to the specific decisions that have been made (which specifc games and maps stay) has not really been substantiated by CubeCraft.

We get to know why you are bringing us this update but the selection of games and maps seems fairly random to the players, while I'm sure (I hope) this is backed up by statistics and a lot of discussion internally about what would be the best decision, quote: "The team has spent a long time figuring out what to do with Java, ...".

Generally, be more open about the reasons behind the decisions made. Let us know why this is the best compromise we could ask for! We do not see this in the update the way it currently is. I think that if you do that, players would perhaps be more understanding, because you show your decisions are based on sensible facts rather than what appears to be randomly chosen.

My feedback for future updates I suppose.

Cheers,

~Naitzirch

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
I think a lot of people are mad/sad because the process that lead to the specific decisions that have been made (which specifc games and maps stay) has not really been substantiated by CubeCraft.

We get to know why you are bringing us this update but the selection of games and maps seems fairly random to the players, while I'm sure (I hope) this is backed up by statistics and a lot of discussion internally about what would be the best decision, quote: "The team has spent a long time figuring out what to do with Java, ...".

Generally, be more open about the reasons behind the decisions made. Let us know why this is the best compromise we could ask for! We do not see this in the update the way it currently is. I think that if you do that, players would perhaps be more understanding, because you show your decisions are based on sensible facts rather than what appears to be randomly chosen.

My feedback for future updates I suppose.

Cheers,

~Naitzirch
Yeah so much is being taken from us why can't we at least choose what maps to stay. So we can play on those we enjoy the most.

Reactions: Rocks1 and FoxFil_

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Interesting concept. I play lucky islands mainly, and I'd imagine that Team Lucky Islands would attract more players than Solo Lucky Islands. I, at least, find Team much more fun since you get to collaborate with different teams and in different constellations, which makes it way more diverse than Solo. I get way more easily bored at Solo than at Team just because of the diversity. I'd suggest swapping Team Lucky for Solo so that we keep Team and discard Solo. Reduce the number of maps, but I'd like to see one 2 player map, one 3 player map, one 4, one 6 and one 8 or something like that, having the same number of players in every team also gets boring rather quickly. I hope for the best but fear for the worst.
Here is a graph of Solo Lucky Islands versus Team Lucky Islands.
1662064376868.png

So you can understand the reasoning. This is actually every 12h, so you can't see the off-peaks.

EpmaLempen

Apr 8, 2020
You guys wondering why it’s only a 1000 player? Boy you ruined the server first you removed the each game own lobby second we didn’t need iron and above ranks to choose maps and messing up with lobbies and so many other things and now what you’re doing won’t make the server any better the number will get less and eventually you will close the server I think you guys should think it up again cuz that ain’t a solution you keep making bad choices
Xoxo EpmaLempen

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Helloooo, no way the number one fact daily person are online!:D
299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
ImLeave wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats again :)
ImLeave wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!!!!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
Top Bottom