Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

D3n1

Aug 11, 2017
How come youtube ranks can say noob but paid ranks can't?:)
Minecraft%20Screenshot%202017.09.20%20-%2000.09.55.24_zpsn3yd29ad.png.html
Maybe the staff Have already change the YoutubeRank from Pex and so the word is not on the black list of the pex permissions...I don’t know if un understand...

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Ugh, why is this thread still alive?

The YouTuber rank, much like all staff ranks, is not restricted by the chat filter. Thus, the YouTuber in question was able to type 'noob', a word that despite being a part of the chat filter, is not considered offensive language and is therefore not punishable. Like 'ez', the word simply exists in the filter to discourage poor sportsmanship, and is not enforced nor punished.

For the record, the term 'noob' refers to somebody who is inexperienced, thereby literally defining every single person to have ever played this game at some point or another. By looking at the screenshot, it seems a player was spam-clicking in a 1.9+ game, meaning that it's not necessarily even wrong to call them a noob.

Reactions: Injunction
G

Gamerfull

The truth is that this, I do not see it as abuse of rank, since the word "Noob" we have all said it once, including staff members

6qm_

Novice Member
May 7, 2017
New Jersey, USA
I would really like an answer to this question from a staff member since no one actually knows. As I said before, it’s not that I care that they say it... it’s the fact that they have the ability to say it and others can’t.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com

Cyan

Forum Expert
Dec 21, 2014
Freak Show
www.youtube.com
Ugh, why is this thread still alive?

The YouTuber rank, much like all staff ranks, is not restricted by the chat filter. Thus, the YouTuber in question was able to type 'noob', a word that despite being a part of the chat filter, is not considered offensive language and is therefore not punishable. Like 'ez', the word simply exists in the filter to discourage poor sportsmanship, and is not enforced nor punished.

For the record, the term 'noob' refers to somebody who is inexperienced, thereby literally defining every single person to have ever played this game at some point or another. By looking at the screenshot, it seems a player was spam-clicking in a 1.9+ game, meaning that it's not necessarily even wrong to call them a noob.
I would really like an answer to this question from a staff member since no one actually knows. As I said before, it’s not that I care that they say it... it’s the fact that they have the ability to say it and others can’t.
It’s just another one of those ‘perks’ that they have. There really isn’t an explanation as to why they have it.

Thread locked.

Reactions: remio
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

RobinDn wrote on Fesa's profile.
It has been to long :D
RobinDn wrote on Kloska's profile.
Congrats Quacky! :D
qKhalidd wrote on Kloska's profile.
happy birthday!
Kazwa wrote on Kloska's profile.
GRATTIS ANKA
Had some internet issues last week and went on a weekend getaway to an amusement park with my bf, but I'm back to grind and have fun on cube again :)
I missed u guys >.>
Top Bottom