CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
Hello guys,
Today I made my new YouTube banner.
Feedback is welcome.
(This is a sketch, so it's not detailed yet.)
CheatersDontWin Banner.png

Last edited:

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
I would say the moon is a bit out of place, very subtle and unnoticeable because it is the same colour as the clouds. Perhaps change the colour of 'win' to black would look nicer (not sure, but give it a go). The character is a bit dark. A soft light on its face will do the trick. Also remove the black spot on the left cloud on the foreground. Perhaps some stars in the black area's might create some depth as well.

Just look at this one zoomed out a bit so you don't notice the horrible mess I made under 'dont', but you get the idea
CheatersDontWin Banner.png

Reactions: Demosiz and Gatsbe

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
I would say the moon is a bit out of place, very subtle and unnoticeable because it is the same colour as the clouds. Perhaps change the colour of 'win' to black would look nicer (not sure, but give it a go). The character is a bit dark. A soft light on its face will do the trick. Also remove the black spot on the left cloud on the foreground. Perhaps some stars in the black area's might create some depth as well.

Just look at this one zoomed out a bit so you don't notice the horrible mess I made under 'dont', but you get the ideaView attachment 141247
Thank you for all the tips/information. Really appreciate that!
The original moon was actually on the right-side of the banner. But I didn't really liked that because the character was there already. But yes, it's indeed unnoticeable. I'm not sure about that black color on "win". But I will give it a go.
The character is indeed kinda dark. Will make it less darker in the face, like you said. Didn't really noticed that black spot, didn't really triggered my mind I guess :P. But it's indeed, something that need to be removed.
The stars are actually a great idea! Thanks again.
**Notice: this is just a sketch. I'm not sure what banner I would use for my YouTube channel. So it's not detailed or anything else. Will make it more detailed if I get this one as my main banner. But thanks for all the tips, feedback is always welcome! :)

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Thank you for all the tips/information. Really appreciate that!
The original moon was actually on the right-side of the banner. But I didn't really liked that because the character was there already. But yes, it's indeed unnoticeable. I'm not sure about that black color on "win". But I will give it a go.
The character is indeed kinda dark. Will make it less darker in the face, like you said. Didn't really noticed that black spot, didn't really triggered my mind I guess :p. But it's indeed, something that need to be removed.
The stars are actually a great idea! Thanks again.
**Notice: this is just a sketch. I'm not sure what banner I would use for my YouTube channel. So it's not detailed or anything else. Will make it more detailed if I get this one as my main banner. But thanks for all the tips, feedback is always welcome! :)
No problemo! I like the idea you are going with, can't wait to see the final result :D

Reactions: CheatersDontWin

Ayroh

Looks great!
I only don't like the clouds in front of the letters.
Adding onto what he said, couldn’t you theoretically copy and paste the text layer onto the top of the clouds, turn down the opacity, erase the text over the character (and over the original layer of letters if it appears like faded text) in order to make it appear as if the bottom of the layers were hidden behind a thin layer clouds? I think that’d appear a lot cooler..

Hopefully I didn’t completely confuse you, haha. It’s late at night and my wording could be bad, also it’s a hard thing to visualize.

Regardless, love the banner.

Reactions: CheatersDontWin

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
Adding onto what he said, couldn’t you theoretically copy and paste the text layer onto the top of the clouds, turn down the opacity, erase the text over the character (and over the original layer of letters if it appears like faded text) in order to make it appear as if the bottom of the layers were hidden behind a thin layer clouds? I think that’d appear a lot cooler..

Hopefully I didn’t completely confuse you, haha. It’s late at night and my wording could be bad, also it’s a hard thing to visualize.

Regardless, love the banner.
I half half understand what you mean haha, but thanks for the information and tips! I will try to make different versioms of each banner. Of course, with this information added! You never know what effect it gives! :) But thanks!

Reactions: Ayroh
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom