Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Allo! Personally I think the usage of elytras in Wing Rush is pretty neat. However the game mode can be pretty confusing, and disorienting to those who just start playing. Even after playing around 20 games, I find the game with some flaws.

- The map size and builds can be confusing.
- Some of the abilities you pick up from those floating cube are pretty pointless (arrows).
- Once you get in the lead, it pretty much decides the game.

~

But overall the game is pretty cool. But this isn't really why I'm making this suggestion. After seeing @StorySays render for the the Cubecraft Summer Artwork Competition by @DYD. (and you all should enter) ,

bFTQVDG.png

I thought, "Hey, that would be a pretty gamemode of Wing Rush!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 2 people could ride a single boat since 1.9, and it would make the game more interesting. A person steers, while the second fight off competitors. The game would be less confusing and more simple. It would be less confusing because you pretty much know what the path is, the direction of the race, and the controls for boats is more simple than elytras. Of course you can add twist to the game mode and make the map go over several layers and stuff. But yea... pretty much all I have to say.

- ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
This is a good idea!
I like the usage of boats in the game.

But, maybe they could be 2 seperate games.

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't like see this replacing Wing Rush, I love the elytra. But this seems a wonderful idea for a separate gamemode. @Perdawdian made a thread about a 2-person Wing Rush, which I loved because of teamwork being needed. But it had some problems. This seems a better option for a 2-player sorta racing game. This would be way less confusing. It would also be a lot more cramped, giving power-ups more of a use and therefore giving the second player more to do. Perdawdian also suggested giving the second player snowballs to shoot other players with. To prevent the second player ever feeling bored. Overall great idea.
"Hey, that would be a pretty gamemode of Wing Rush!"
But I don't quite get what you're saying here. You want this to replace Wing Rush or make it a votable option ? or make it a separate game like I said ?

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
Wing Rush is definitely not something I would call confusing o_O ... You fly, you boost, you don't crash, you win gg. Some people will fly faster, but for the most part you'll win many many games just by making sure you fly, boost and don't crash. Try flying over the structures, too, to minimize crashing. Then when you get used to the map you can take it to the next level and fly lower and get that rush that comes with it.

As for the powerups, I personally don't worry too much about it. I'll pick up one if it's in front of me, but generally don't have much use for it. Usually, I'll use shields to protect me from cheap shots or the feather to restore full boost.

However, I do like your idea as another game for variety. It sounds like it would be a boatload of fun xD. Great suggestion!

Some1Crazy

Apr 9, 2017
I should make it clear that I'm not suggesting this replaces Wing Rush. It could be a separate game mode.
Would it be a separate game mode or a whole other game completely? I personally believe that if it were to be part of the server it would have to be a totally different game since the current one is called Wing Rush. Another reason for why it would have to be an entirely different game instead of a different mode is that Wing Rush is a solo game, but the game idea you proposed is a team game.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Wing Rush is definitely not something I would call confusing o_O ... You fly, you boost, you don't crash, you win gg. Some people will fly faster, but for the most part you'll win many many games just by making sure you fly, boost and don't crash. Try flying over the structures, too, to minimize crashing. Then when you get used to the map you can take it to the next level and fly lower and get that rush that comes with it.

As for the powerups, I personally don't worry too much about it. I'll pick up one if it's in front of me, but generally don't have much use for it. Usually, I'll use shields to protect me from cheap shots or the feather to restore full boost.

However, I do like your idea as another game for variety. It sounds like it would be a boatload of fun xD. Great suggestion!

Personally when I started, although I was accustomed to elytras, and have seen the arcade trailer. I thought it would be pretty simple. But when I joined and played it, I found the game confusing. The map is extremely large, and filled with large structures. Of course you would get use to it when you play it after a while, but it isn't really the only reason why I don't really like Wing Rush. Controls for boats are much easier IMO. You can boost the speed of your boat over ice. Stuff like that.

Would it be a separate game mode or a whole other game completely? I personally believe that if it were to be part of the server it would have to be a totally different game since the current one is called Wing Rush. Another reason for why it would have to be an entirely different game instead of a different mode is that Wing Rush is a solo game, but the game idea you proposed is a team game.

Well the concepts of the game is pretty much the same, so I was just thinking about having different varieties of this game.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom