Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Before I begin this suggestion I would like to point out that it was also suggested in 2020, and that the original thread can be found Here. Just because a staff member is making this suggestion does NOT mean that it will officially be implemented.

Original idea:

Back in 2017, 4J Studios & Mojang (not Microsoft) released Glide on the XBOX One Edition of Minecraft. A few months later (25th of May, 2017) and CubeCraft Games would explore and expand this idea for Java Edition. Bringing this once popular game mode to Bedrock has been something talked about in the past, however, I would like to bring up the idea once more now that the team has grown tremendously in size and player base.

Why do I think Glide/Wing Rush would be a good idea for Bedrock?

As a lot of our players know, Java Edition is only a small percentage of our player-base, which is why I am focusing this suggestion on Bedrock specifically. Our Bedrock Edition network is visited by over 40,000 - 50,000 players every day. Our Bedrock network currently features a mid-sized selection of minigames, however, these have also been seen on other servers in the past. Adding something as fresh and new to the Bedrock community would certainly give the server an extra boost in terms of player count, as well as opening up many more doors in the future for things like upgrades and official CubeCraft Games tournament races, as well as vanity items like customizing your elytra, what particle trails flows behind you as you fly, a particle explosion when you pick up a powerup, etc.

With a large player base of Bedrock Edition also on XBOX, there is a high chance that players who used to play Glide before Bedrock Edition, would love to see the classic come back and be revived so they can show off all the skills they learned from the minigame, as it trained players how to practice and use elytra, even in tight corners and difficult situations.

How could we improve the game and optimize it for Bedrock players?

This game mode would need a few optimizations to work on Bedrock, however, these are only minimal. Bedrock Edition players are mainly using touch-based devices as well as controllers, which will make it easier for navigation and control around the maps. The powerups will need to be larger so it is easier for Bedrock players to fly into them at high speeds, and if we use our Java maps, it is likely these would need to be changed depending on how fast players will be zipping through the track, however, this is probably an easy fix. Bedrock Edition will allow us to add custom models... as mentioned earlier, we could use custom models to change how the game looks. Booster pads could use a custom model or effect similar to that on the old Glide minigame so it's easier to navigate and find booster pads.

How would I be able to customize myself in the minigame?

Customizations are likely something that would come after the initial release if the game was moved into development, but some of the biggest ideas would be changing how your elytra looks, maybe we could add in some model versions including a jetpack design, the CubeCraft Games logo, EnderDragon wings, heck, throw in the entire dragon! As well as this, we could allow customizations to the particles and trails within the minigame. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I talked about particle trails that flow from behind you as you fly. These particle trails could be anything from simple Redstone dust, all the way to crazy ideas like rainbow dust, and smoke particle effects. Players will have the ability to toggle these effects on/off to improve their game performance if required to do so.

Conclusion

In conclusion to this idea, I really do think that adding a similar game mode on Bedrock would bring a whole new experience for players, as well as giving some of our Minecraft veterans the chance to play a minigame they used to play years ago on their XBOX device. Adding this game mode would also be completely unique, setting CubeCraft out from the rest with a game mode exclusive to our network.

Please provide any additional feedback, questions, or comments you might have about this idea below, I would love to hear about any additional ideas/improvements we could make for this to possibly become a reality!

ReMD0G

Jul 1, 2020
I used to have Xbox One Edition of Minecraft and I used to play with my brother and raging because I was 8 years old at the time acting like a baby, but it is a cool game to implement. CubeCraft has a lot of cool games because of the creative suggestions of people. So I personally think that this is a great game to add into CubeCraft because maybe we can bring back a game that was a part of history in Minecraft. In fact my brother lost the disc to Xbox One Edition 😒 so now I can’t play a game that was interestingly fun, but we can now not worry about that disc anymore :)

Reactions: Snowwyyy

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Great suggestion! Don’t really have much feedback except that I think this would be a success. I would personally like it as a mobile player as PvP can be difficult at times and being able to just fly around would be fun. You have my vote :)

Reactions: Matriox

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
4J Studios & Mojang (not Microsoft)
Biggest reason the game was good ^

lol but yes I totally agree. I’ve played minerware on Java and they have an elytra flying mini game thing and I enjoy it a lot. Would definitely be a pretty cool arcade game idea that no other server really has.

Reactions: Conea64

CeleryAskin

Novice Member
Oct 3, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
Yeah this sounds amazing to me - as you said, it's different from the rest of the games so it would really make Cubecraft stand out as a server. I also think Cubecraft needs some more games that aren't centered around pvp, and this sounds like the perfect suggestion.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Biggest reason the game was good ^

lol but yes I totally agree. I’ve played minerware on Java and they have an elytra flying mini game thing and I enjoy it a lot. Would definitely be a pretty cool arcade game idea that no other server really has.
Flying minigames are extremely rare for servers on Bedrock Edition. The only flying game I have seen at this time is one on the Minecraft Marketplace, which is why I am sure players would love the idea.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I love playing games that don't always involve PVP, but Bedrock only seems to have a few. Wing Rush is a very great game on Java, with two modes that make the game very exciting to play. Honestly, I think with a expansion of more Arcade themed gamemodes, like this, CubeCraft could possibly gather a larger player base. The whole concept is very different to the rest of the games at this current time, which would create a lot of curiosity. I would love to see this gamemode added!

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
Tbh I see this as another line dash, the bedrock server usually has a competitive player bas and I believe that is why line dash failed. The only no pvp oriented featured game that I see working on bedrock is Slime Survival, as we saw it thrive as Snowman Survival.

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz

xFqbian

Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2020
SNOWING
I love this suggestion i like how hacker cannot fly bc there sentinel on cube
(hmm If people using elytra get BANNED for fly hacks-)

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Tbh I see this as another line dash, the bedrock server usually has a competitive player bas and I believe that is why line dash failed. The only no pvp oriented featured game that I see working on bedrock is Slime Survival, as we saw it thrive as Snowman Survival.
I do see what you mean, and I agree, but this isn't about satisfying one side of the community. If this minigame was implemented and developed in a way that improves it, we are also looking at bringing additional players from other servers to the network so they can experience something that they can't get anywhere else.

Reactions: ReMD0G

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
I've always both been good at, and absolutely ADORED these minigames. Nowadays it's much more painful to find a looking-for-group-post for these old games. I think it would be a really good nostalgic game for long-time players, and an interesting "new" addition for the newer players! I'd just like to clarify that my answer to this is completely biased for "yes, add it in PLEASE GOD!" because I really liked this game. In fact, I was just recently looking for servers with a similar gamemode! That's not a lie, I was legit looking for it just yesterday!
1613584651280.png

It's not just the memories that makes me support the release/development of this gamemode, but also just the game itself. To my knowledge, NO other Bedrock server has a similar gamemode to this. I would 100% agree with above statements when they say that it is unique.

Anyways, for these above reasons and reasons I've not mentioned here, it's clearly gonna be a big-ole YUP from me!! :D
Not to appear like I assume it is coming out, but I really hope it does come out, and soon! :D

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
See I think this is a very good idea but not to be negative I don't think it will be successful.

My main reason being it is a singular party game.
Yes on paper and to look at it looks quite fun, but you need to remember this is an elytra race minigame. In all honesty when people keep failing or loosing, and because games are quick it will lead to the game dying really quickly.

On paper line dash was very good and could have been successful. However, Cubecraft is a mainly pvp based server. Due to this since line dash was quite repetitive and boring in the end it averaged about 10 players on a good day.

Wing rush would average more (probably would average around 50 players) but I cant see it constantly doing well since it would be so repetitive and rage inducing.

Also I know you mentioned this but lets think about mobile players, yes you could find a way to make it possible but it would be so unfair and unbalanced, and I cant see input based matchmaking being used here.

In the long run I don't think it would be very successful and will turn out to be a deadweight game and get removed.

But ayy, that's why Beta Games is there so you could give it a try. But I feel like there's a very clear reason its a rotation game on java.

Sorry Hazard but I don't feel it should be implemented.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I love this suggestion i like how hacker cannot fly bc there sentinel on cube
(hmm If people using elytra get BANNED for fly hacks-)
There’s actually really easy ways to account for this. You can do exemptions so when a user is flying with elytra they won’t be detected for flying. (Basically)This would easily be sorted before a game release :) (this isn’t a sentinel thing this is my personal knowledge)

Reactions: ReMD0G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
Top Bottom