Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shayley

Novice Member
Jul 13, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey everyone!

I wanted to tell you more about Windows 10 desktop personalization because it's fun to do!

Here are some ideas for your desktop:

WINDOWS 10 GRID REMOVAL
So, Windows 10 has an option to move folders/files etc. to every place you want! You can disable the desktop grid by right clicking on your desktop screen and go to 'View'. Then, you can click on 'Align icons to grid' to move the desktop icons to wherever you want.

CHANGING FOLDER ICONS
Changing the folder icon! I do this alot and so i know perfectly how to do this. Go to your folder that you want to change and right click. Go to 'Properties' and go to the tab 'Customize'. If you look around there, you will see 'Change icon'. To change the icon, click on it. BUT.. you're not there yet. You will need a .ico file! This is very easy to do. Click on the link under this post to go to the website of Icon Archive. Search for the type of .ico you want, for example, if you want a folder for videos, you can search for video icons. Then, you can click on the image and you choose the .ico option. Download it. Then go back to the 'Change icon' and browse for your .ico. If you've found it, you can select it. Apply and click 'OK'. See the magic happen :3

RECYCLE BIN AND PC ICONS
Changing the recycle bin and PC icon! To do this, you will need a .ico again. Do the same for this but the location is different this time. If you want to change these 2 things, go to 'Settings' and go to 'Personalization'. Go to 'Themes' and at the right side of the screen, you will see 'Related Settings'. Click on 'Desktop icon settings'. You will see a window that has the icons. For the recycle bin, you will need 2 .ico's: a full bin and an empty bin. I personally chose for the MacOS bins, the full one and the empty one. If you click on the icon, you can click 'Change icon' again. Browse for your .ico again and apply the settings. If you've done this right, the icons will now be different! <3

ORGANIZED BACKGROUND
An organized background! Some people have probably seen this already but it's a background to organize your icons with. You have a small desk and you can put your icons on the planks. I really love this idea. Wallpaper is under this post!

I also uploaded a photo of my desktop at the moment.

If you have some other ideas for desktop personalization, feel free to comment your ideas!

LINK TO ICON ARCHIVE: http://www.iconarchive.com/

Attachments

• 606267.jpg
    606267.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 144
  • desktop.png
    desktop.png
    543.6 KB · Views: 143
  • gridremoval.png
    gridremoval.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 145
  • changeicon.png
    changeicon.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 183
  • recyclebin.png
    recyclebin.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: Miauw
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Top Bottom