Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Hello everyone,
I see a lot of people having the idea to add ranked skywars to CubeCraft, an idea I supported for quite a long time. But, there are some problems with ranked skywars.
The first one is the anti-cheat. The watchdog anticheat on hypixel is one of the best anticheats around, but still, there is a big cheater problem in ranked skywars. Sometimes, cheaters even make it to the highest tiers in ranked skywars. To be honest, sentinetal isn't the best anticheat around, with hackers in almost every game. So if you want to play ranked, there are probably a lot of cheaters there too, just like in hypixel.
The second one is, the playerbase just isnt big enough. There are at maximum a thousand players in skywars. And then (probably) around half of them plays 1.8 and the other half 1.9+. A lot of people just want to train skywars, and not play competetive against a lot of sweats (I have not problem with that, but I can see why others do). So they'll just keep playing normal skywars. That means that around a hand full of players from 1.8 and 1.9+ will play ranked. So you'll keep playing against the same players, and won't rank up a lot.

These are I think the biggest reasons why ranked shouldn't be added, but there are many more.
Stay safe,
Wiikend

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
The first one is easy to fix by making it so only people that are level 25+ are able to join ranked matches. I agree with you on the second one, which is probably the reason why it hasn't been implemented yet.
This is true, but in cube it's harder to level up. Maybe implement you must have a certain amount of wins. Because maybe you're lvl 25 and suck at pvp, so you just camp the game out. But if you say that u must have like 150-200 wins, you're probably a better player.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
This is true, but in cube it's harder to level up. Maybe implement you must have a certain amount of wins. Because maybe you're lvl 25 and suck at pvp, so you just camp the game out. But if you say that u must have like 150-200 wins, you're probably a better player.
Level 25 isn't really hard to get. Also if you want to level up you need wins, so it doesn't really matter if you need level 25 or 200 wins.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Doesn't really matter. Players with a low skill level won't get to high ranks anyway.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Level 25 isn't really hard to get. Also if you want to level up you need wins, so it doesn't really matter if you need level 25 or 200 wins.
Ehh, i understand you're point, but a few years ago, I was lvl 20 with about 200 wins combined over all gamemodes. So a high level doesn't really make you better.

Phytion

Dec 1, 2015
Netherland
My thought on this is: just keep it like it is right now. It's fine like it is. Some people who are not that high skilled in PvP can use more tactics. And the people who are more likely to PvP allot can do what ever they want, just have fun! Maybe ranked is a good option, but it's not 100% hack prove. :eek:

Reactions: Fqnta

Nqouir

Apr 10, 2019
Morocco
Tbh I think that it should be added but for certain amount if you know what I mean, Like not everyone could play it, Yeah And I do agree about the cheaters.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I think that the way Skywars is played right now is pretty good, but I see how people of a higher skill level might want more of a challenge or beginners would want a better chance of winning. The hacker problem could become an issue, so maybe they'll wait until they have an anti-cheat developer.

ImOmega

Jun 30, 2016
I think it's a good idea for players who want to play skywars on CubeCraft more competitive, but I think CubeCraft don't add this because the main player base of CubeCraft don't play skywars competitive so I don't think this not be added.

Emziever

Apr 24, 2020
Give Ranked skywars a try. If it works out yay us. If it fails to live up to our expectations then it can always be removed.

Btw watchdog anticheat is pretty bad and ranked on hypixel also has a bunch of hackers.

Reactions: ImJunior

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Pssst.. Bedrock here with 13k players behind the back
Hypixel, 90k players. How many in ranked, 250. That's about 0.3%. If you do cubecraft combined, you have about average 20k players. 0.3% of the players of cubecraft on ranked would mean about 60 players in ranked, and that then over java and bedrock combined about 10 in java en 50 in bedrock. So no, its not enough players. By far not, especially if you also count the fact that there's java 1.8 and 1.9 differences.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Top Bottom