Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathie

Feb 10, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not sure how you would ''memorize'' a name but you can easily write a name down on paper for example and that shouldn't be allowed? And how would we even moderate that? Sorry but I disagree :c

Reactions: Silco

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
chrome_t7q8c6iZpt.png

NotKaizar

Jul 1, 2021
Basement of your house
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not kidding. As title says, this should be explicitly prohibited for the following reasons:
  • It is an illegal modification/a form of cheating to use memory to remember another player's in-game name, especially a player that is not on the friend list. People are inherently designed to forget names in mere seconds (or minutes if around a certain player for some time), not in hours/days/weeks/months.
    • The reason it's fine on the friend list is because a player can refer to the friend list for a list of names, and because it is likely that the player will run into his/her friends again. It is nearly impossible to run into the same player a second time.
    • It is an unfair advantage because using these memories allows the user to know how other players behave. This is akin to the ESP cheat (a cheat that shows other players' locations) in that it's hard to prove unless the user admits to this. See example below.
    • Since it is an illegal modification, the punishment track must be the same as that for illegal client modifications (using cheats).
  • Remembering another player's name any longer than a few minutes can lead to other offenses, such as:
    • Inappropriate messages
    • Hate speech
    • Threats (the offender can write threats to the other player)
    • Impersonation (the offender can remember the other player's name and try to impersonate that player)
    • Doxxing (the offender can dox the other player by using the other player's name and other information)
Here is an example that shows why.
Another player, who is not on my friend list, remembers my behavior. Because of this, he can use my behavior and information against me. Notice that most players don't specifically know about other strangers, as there's no specific information that the former knows about the latter until they cross paths.

EDIT: Grammar.
this is a joke right?

D

Deleted member 584093

There are easily about 5-6 digits worth of unique players that log onto the Bedrock server every day. On large servers, the probability that you run into the same player a second time is almost nil. There is no reason to remember another player, especially if they're not famous and aren't on your friend list.

It is a violation of human nature to remember insignificant details like that. Failing to adhere to human nature has resulted in many negative events, including but not limited to:
  • Grudges, a way of wasting your energy on something that already happened in the past.
    • Revenge.
  • Poor performance.
  • And as stated earlier, specific offenses against another player.
    • Even worse, in real life it leads to crimes.
cool but I don’t remember asking about human nature I asked why did you tell him it’s against the rules when it’s clearly not like , seriously that guy probably had the same pvp skills as you so he ran into you multiple times (and he probably had the same device)

Reactions: Silco

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems that everyone is forgetting this point: on large servers, the probability of running into the same person more than once is almost nil.
Yet… clearly you had run into them before… otherwise this thread wouldn’t exist…
Unfair bans. Someone can accuse another of "aimbot" or "kill aura" (when really the latter doesn't cheat), only for the latter to get falsely banned. And remember, the name must be noted to make a report..
Reporting without solid evidence won’t get a player banned, and Cubecraft’s appeals exist for a reason. And more to the point, a video taken of a genuine hacker is going to have their gamertag in it to show who was actually doing the hacking. If we don’t allow recording of these players names, then we’ll end up banning people who chat something like “Hey, I know you” far more than people actually downloading modifications.

D

Deleted member 584093

using your ability to memorise things shouldnt be banned
if they hack or send toxic messages just report them for that

plus if you arent allowed to memorise things will we all forget everything
sup ender

N_Strak8206

Novice Member
Mar 8, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not kidding. As title says, this should be explicitly prohibited for the following reasons:
  • It is an illegal modification/a form of cheating to use memory to remember another player's in-game name, especially a player that is not on the friend list. People are inherently designed to forget names in mere seconds (or minutes if around a certain player for some time), not in hours/days/weeks/months.
    • The reason it's fine on the friend list is because a player can refer to the friend list for a list of names, and because it is likely that the player will run into his/her friends again. It is nearly impossible to run into the same player a second time.
    • It is an unfair advantage because using these memories allows the user to know how other players behave. This is akin to the ESP cheat (a cheat that shows other players' locations) in that it's hard to prove unless the user admits to this. See example below.
    • Since it is an illegal modification, the punishment track must be the same as that for illegal client modifications (using cheats).
  • Remembering another player's name any longer than a few minutes can lead to other offenses, such as:
    • Inappropriate messages
    • Hate speech
    • Threats (the offender can write threats to the other player)
    • Impersonation (the offender can remember the other player's name and try to impersonate that player)
    • Doxxing (the offender can dox the other player by using the other player's name and other information)
Here is an example that shows why.
Another player, who is not on my friend list, remembers my behavior. Because of this, he can use my behavior and information against me. Notice that most players don't specifically know about other strangers, as there's no specific information that the former knows about the latter until they cross paths.

EDIT: Grammar.
Bro people cant just block memories. He is just saying that he remembers you from another match, dont be that rude.
¿And why do you thinks thats illegal? Thats a bit weird, apart from the fact that you think remembering is hacking...
Hope that you are trolling mate, have a nice day :D

D

Deleted member 347571

Natha, Hiren and Joe’s homes represent three non-collinear points on a coordinate plane. If they want to meet at a common place such that each one will have to travel the same distance from their homes, how will you decide the meeting point?

Since the points representing the homes are non-collinear, the three points form a triangle.

Now, if you consider the circumcenter of the triangle, it will be equidistant from the vertices. That is, if the circumcenter of the triangle formed by the three homes is chosen as the meeting point, then each one will have to travel the same distance from their home.

so i basically don't think its a smart idea

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Natha, Hiren and Joe’s homes represent three non-collinear points on a coordinate plane. If they want to meet at a common place such that each one will have to travel the same distance from their homes, how will you decide the meeting point?

Since the points representing the homes are non-collinear, the three points form a triangle.

Now, if you consider the circumcenter of the triangle, it will be equidistant from the vertices. That is, if the circumcenter of the triangle formed by the three homes is chosen as the meeting point, then each one will have to travel the same distance from their home.

so i basically don't think its a smart idea
Okay but you didnt finish the story?? What happens next

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Kazwa's profile.
hai kasper hows your day :3
UncleSpect wrote on xNessus's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈