Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
I understand this has been brought up several times, but I truly believe that its unfair to disallow double clicking or drag clicking. In the rules is states that drag clicking or double clicking will result in a cheating ban, when it is not cheating. People cant help if there mouse double clicks or not, yes some mice are built to double click, but overtime standard office mice will end up double clicking after a lot of use, same goes for really cheap mice. Now I found this post: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/drag-clicking.288645/ which appears to be the post that sparked the rule against all of this, the argument in here "not all mice can do it, so why should it be allowed?" is fair and true, yes not all mice can do it, but thats the same as saying "high FPS computers should be disallowed because not all computers are capable" or "people with low ping should be kicked because not everybody has good wifi" these may be stupid arguments but its the same thing. Not everyone can jitter click, not everyone can butterfly, and not everyone can drag click, yet its still disallowed. All mice are capable of drag clicking, just some mice register them differently. Also there is no really good way to prove one drag clicking and double clicking when a lot of people and mice are capable of clicking high cps without drag clicking or double clicking, this concerns me because it could result in false bans. Have a nice day!

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi there! You've basically answered your own question - drag clicking isn't allowed as not all mice and not everyone is able to drag click. It brings an unfair advantage to the game to those that can't, which is why we've decided to disallow it. The other examples you brought into this are different - it's much easier to get another mouse than buying an entire PC or moving somewhere for a better internet connection.
As I stated earlier, drag clicking is an unfair advantage (which follows the same punishment track as cheating). Even though it isn't actually cheating, it's still an unfair aspect of the game, hence the rule against it.

If you wish for the rules to be changed, you can always post a Suggestion thread with your arguments (why it should be allowed again).

Hopefully, this has answered your question. If not, feel free to make another Support thread or reply to this one, maybe even ask in #staff-help :).

Reactions: cristian_killer8

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
Hi there! You've basically answered your own question - drag clicking isn't allowed as not all mice and not everyone is able to drag click. It brings an unfair advantage to the game to those that can't, which is why we've decided to disallow it. The other examples you brought into this are different - it's much easier to get another mouse than buying an entire PC or moving somewhere for a better internet connection.
As I stated earlier, drag clicking is an unfair advantage (which follows the same punishment track as cheating). Even though it isn't actually cheating, it's still an unfair aspect of the game, hence the rule against it.

If you wish for the rules to be changed, you can always post a Suggestion thread with your arguments (why it should be allowed again).

Hopefully, this has answered your question. If not, feel free to make another Support thread or reply to this one, maybe even ask in #staff-help :).
Thank you for your reply! Yes not all mice can do it, but I still dont believe its an unfair advantage. Not all mice can drag click but on the same note, not all mice can butterfly click for example the design of some mice the left click and right click will be smaller, and they dont wrap around the edge like most mice, in other words you're pretty much just smacking your mouse and not consistently hitting you're actual left/right click. But my concern still stands, there are other ways of achieving that high CPS without having to drag click, depending on how drag clickers are detected it could result in false bans, and I dont want to see that.

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
If you believe those clicking methods should also be disallowed (or for all clicking methods to be allowed) I suggest you write a suggestion on that so it can be discussed in more detail!

Reactions: bwead
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Top Bottom