Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 486292

I get into conversations and debates with the Hive network die-hards about which server is more fun for pvp. Believe me, I really want to defend cubecraft, but when I just see it lag and compare it to the buttery smooth server performance and player movement of hive, I cant help but acknowledge their side. My point being, is that cubecraft just isnt a smooth server. It's bad for pvp, but the focus on pvp and fair competition is there. This is where cubecraft will always lose players and thats just the reality in which I have observed time and time again. There is little to no competitive backing to cubecraft pvp if you compare it to hive ( namely skywars). Tons of clans and youtube videos exist of hive skywars, because the server is reliable and smooth for pvp.

If cubecraft wants to take back the pvp crown, it needs to severely rework knockback and player calculations. Im not going to go into detail about KB because its been mentioned about 100 times now, but its still something important to fix (we are still waiting!). Cubecraft cannot have excessive lag spikes, because right now it happens even when at medium capacity. The only time I ever saw hive lag was when they released skywars (go figure), but then never again. I go to hive if I dont want to die or lose a minigame due to lag or something out of my control, even though I dont enjoy the nature of the game itself.

I would sincerely like to see cubecraft focus on their server infrastructure instead of just releasing new gamemodes. I think it would net the network a much better reputation than any new game could (in which the hype would eventually die down).

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
Sadly its because of how far the server is hosted. Most if not all people who have internet issues with cube is because they live far away from the server. The server is borderline unplayable for me, I live in canada. Im not completely sure where the server is hosted but i think its somewhere in the EU

Reactions: UBRE

xFqbian

Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2020
SNOWING
I'm laggy too on cubecraft i fix internet and wifi everytime its really annoying probly
I started jump bridge and i try to switch block, but its changed ghostbridge im not abused
Its from the lag server.

FiredMercury21

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2020
Eh. Yep, there is lag, but it hasn’t affected me too much (except on skyblock where I’m placing tens of thousands of blocks). Its laggy, but I can still play.
Ps-there are other laggy servers as well

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hey hello!

If you haven't noticed yet, we just released support for PS4 players and our bedrock playercount increased with over more than 10.000 new players.

We need new servers and stuff in order to give them space to play and this means that a lot of server will be full and lagging.

We're currently hiring new developers who will work on our infrastructure so we're definitely working on it, thanks for sharing your concerns though! :)

Last edited:

jensjeflensje

Infrastructure Engineer
Jun 23, 2017
The Netherlands
jensderuiter.dev
Hey hello!

If you haven't noticed yet, we just released support for PS4 players and our bedrock playercount increased with over more than 10.000 new players.

We need new servers and stuff in order to give them space to play and this means that a lot of server will be full and lagging.

We're hiring new developers who will work on our infrastructure so we're definitely working on it, thanks for sharing your concerns though! :)
To add to Lozora's reply: we are surely working on such things. You may have noticed me becoming an Infrastructure Engineer 😛. Also, please take a look at this thread where some things are explained.

Reactions: Lozora

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
Unfortunately, as we are an EU server, there's not much we can do about ping. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve people's connection, but we don't have anything to share on that right now.

In terms of knockback, @Younisco recently held a community talk for Bedrock, and the knockback is something we are definitely aware of as being "not ideal" and are working on, and we will hopefully have more information on this soon :3

Thanks for your support, I understand these issues can be annoying but please know that we are constantly taking community feedback and working on it to improve the server for everyone ^.^

D

Deleted member 486292

Unfortunately, as we are an EU server, there's not much we can do about ping. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve people's connection, but we don't have anything to share on that right now.

In terms of knockback, @Younisco recently held a community talk for Bedrock, and the knockback is something we are definitely aware of as being "not ideal" and are working on, and we will hopefully have more information on this soon :3

Thanks for your support, I understand these issues can be annoying but please know that we are constantly taking community feedback and working on it to improve the server for everyone ^.^
im not really talking about ping. your java server runs buttery smooth. its bedrock.

hollow

Nov 25, 2020
Sadly its because of how far the server is hosted. Most if not all people who have internet issues with cube is because they live far away from the server. The server is borderline unplayable for me, I live in canada. Im not completely sure where the server is hosted but i think its somewhere in the EU
I’m in eu and still have problems so idk about that lol

Reactions: Anthoken

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Give it some time and I think a lot of the lag issues will be dealt with. No server is really equipped to deal with an instant surge of 10000+ players.

Reactions: Pyups🎄

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
im not really talking about ping. your java server runs buttery smooth. its bedrock.
Our Java and Bedrock servers run on the same infrastructure. If you have no issues with java then you should have none with bedrock :u

At around what times do you experience these issues?

D

Deleted member 486292

What secret formula does hive use to kill lag? Is there any way for cube to just copy them?
you just necro posted!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will be banned shortly.

Anyways, I ask myself that question a lot. I think its a mix of the fact that clients are less on hive (NA host, and regions) and hive's server infrastructure. Players really like hive for how smooth and consistent it is, in the vaguest sense possible. If cubecraft got an NA server, it would dominate hive, just imagine.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
What secret formula does hive use to kill lag? Is there any way for cube to just copy them?

3.8 - Necroposting​

Necroposting is defined as replying to threads which haven't had any new posts in the last 3 weeks in an attempt to revive it. This does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom