Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!
Status
Not open for further replies.

shuiqwe

Novice Member
Oct 5, 2022
Shanghai
space.bilibili.com
Pronouns
She/Her
In Overpowered mode, protection 4 on all armor and you can buy a golden apple with only two golds.

It will take a very very long time to kill a player with golden apples.

Also, the egg will not automatically destroyed, so the game will last a very long time.

I cannot understand why most of high rankers vote for this mode.
The one who has more golden apples wins, not the one who has better skills on pvp.

I prefer normal mode.

Reactions: gaIaxy

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
In Overpowered mode, protection 4 on all armor and you can buy a golden apple with only two golds.

Also, the egg will not automatically destroyed, so the game will last a very long time.

I cannot understand why most of high rankers vote for this mode.
The one who has more golden apples wins, not the one who has better skills on pvp.

I prefer normal mode.
They use to vote overpowered to be able to get items faster, and half health so combats take less time, specially considering that items on overpowered mode usually make combats longer.

Reactions: Silco

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
tryhards like a short start of the game, where they filter out all the spamclickers and noobs so they vote OP items to rush them. They might win the game with this alone, but if they do find another good player they will have a long fight with a lot of good gear and thats fun too (the half health is not only to quickly kill noobs, it also prevents endless fights with tryhards)

shuiqwe

Novice Member
Oct 5, 2022
Shanghai
space.bilibili.com
Pronouns
She/Her
tryhards like a short start of the game, where they filter out all the spamclickers and noobs so they vote OP items to rush them. They might win the game with this alone, but if they do find another good player they will have a long fight with a lot of good gear and thats fun too (the half health is not only to quickly kill noobs, it also prevents endless fights with tryhards)
But even noobs know how to buy golden apples and eat them, so it will still takes a long time to kill noobs that makes the game boring.

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
But even noobs know how to buy golden apples and eat them, so it will still takes a long time to kill noobs that makes the game boring.
I find myself often overpowering them, they have to eat quick enough because half HP and the timing takes practice they don't have :)

zhappy1

Jun 2, 2022
U.S
Pronouns
He/Him
Simply put, some people just like the mode and some people don't, I know personally I'm not a big fan of it because it makes the match feel kinda boring, but that's just my opinion.

human being

Jan 23, 2022
i like overpowered mode better because it makes the game longer and i like longer games

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
This used to be a lot more balanced, golden apples were cheaper at a point which reduced the gap chugging a bit.

Overpowered, half health has been the norm for as long as I can remember. It isn't necessarily shorter than say normal items/normal health, but it is easier for those that rush with the cheaper prices. Half health keeps the game from stretching out too long.
Unfortunately some of the newer sweats rely on chugging gaps and crit spams due to lack of skill. Again when prices were higher this wasn't as much of an issue.
I no longer play Cubecraft due to obvious reasons, but I feel that during the 2020-2021 phase Eggwars was much more skill based. Modern Eggwars players have abused the cheap gap prices and have used that in order to make up for lack of skill. Overpowered, half health has just stuck, but it used to be far more enjoyable/playable.

shuiqwe

Novice Member
Oct 5, 2022
Shanghai
space.bilibili.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Op is better to rush, and usually games are overall faster. More games won faster is better so that’s why
I don't think so. There's enough time to make a full-obsidian defense before enemies bridge to their base in OP mode because it only costs 15 golds. However, there won't be enough time to do this in normal mode. Attacking eggs with obsidians make the game slower.

shuiqwe

Novice Member
Oct 5, 2022
Shanghai
space.bilibili.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I no longer play Cubecraft due to obvious reasons, but I feel that during the 2020-2021 phase Eggwars was much more skill based. Modern Eggwars players have abused the cheap gap prices and have used that in order to make up for lack of skill. Overpowered, half health has just stuck, but it used to be far more enjoyable/playable.
I respect your opinion, but I feel that in OP mode when I fight with others, it's nearly impossible to win them when they have much more golden apples than me. They just stand on the generaters to get golds for apples and diamonds for new armor when their old armor run out of durablibity. They do nothing else. The speed of regeneration is much faster than the speed of damage. This is really boring. However, in normal mode, The speed of damage is much faster than the speed of regeneration, so they cannot keep theirselves alive by just eating golden apples.

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
I respect your opinion, but I feel that in OP mode when I fight with others, it's nearly impossible to win them when they have much more golden apples than me. They just stand on the generaters to get golds for apples and diamonds for new armor when their old armor run out of durablibity. They do nothing else. The speed of regeneration is much faster than the speed of damage. This is really boring. However, in normal mode, The speed of damage is much faster than the speed of regeneration, so they cannot keep theirselves alive by just eating golden apples.
I agree completely, unfortunately thats just the play style modern players have taken on. This has led to all of the older sweats leaving (referring to North American sweats when I say this). I'm used to OP in order to rush other players right away. However, nobody seems to play like that anymore, instead rushing directly to middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
Top Bottom