Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
This may sound a bit rant-like, but whatever.

But seriously, what are some reasons that people do it?
The ones I can think of.
Trolling
Accidentally misclicked by one block
You're trying to reserve a spot using an archer tower for a better tower later.
Sometimes, placing 5x5 in 3x3 slots can be tactically advantageous.

Apart from that, what other reasons have I missed?
One could say "because they don't know", but the game makes a point to highlight all the tower spots, and basic geometry states that if you put towers right next to each other and right next to the edges, you'll save area. If you don't know that most towers are 3x3, you'll find out right after you've placed your first tower, so I'm not applying Hanlon's razor here (for now).

Reactions: ItsK8

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I rarely see people trolling others in tower defence by misplacing towers.
The main reason is because they are inexperienced and they don’t know how to play.As well not everyone is comfortable to play with their full brain potential because it can make you tired.
That’s what I think, the whole thing is a huge myth and it will be a myth until it gets impossible to misplace towers.

Reactions: Axyy

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
The main reason is because they are inexperienced and they don’t know how to play.As well not everyone is comfortable to play with their full brain potential because it can make you tired.
That’s what I think, the whole thing is a huge myth and it will be a myth until it gets impossible to misplace towers.
I have also noticed that the majority of people who misplace towers do not respond in any way when you nicely ask them to stop. Why is that? Is there a strong overlap between the population who don't place towers properly and the people who don't speak English. I know most of these players aren't muted.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I have also noticed that the majority of people who misplace towers do not respond in any way when you nicely ask them to stop. Why is that? Is there a strong overlap between the population who don't place towers properly and the people who don't speak English. I know most of these players aren't muted.
Many CubeCraft players are just from other nationalities and they don’t speak the language.As well many players just completely ignore what’s going on in the chat because it gets spammy way often and they just make it smaller so they don’t get bothered with it.

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
Yeah, some players like to troll with miss placing towers in tower defense!
I play with my brother much and sometimes we just can't play normally because we need everything ower selves, because our team doesn't do anything or just leaves the game, so annoying!

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Okay... let's try to put ourselves into the shoes of the inexperienced players.

You place a tower, and you immediately notice that it is 3x3. You also immediately notice that there are 3x3 and 5x5 squares on the map. What is going through your mind?

jelliobean

Jan 26, 2020
I think it's almost impossible for us to see whether a player is inexperienced or just not looking at chat when we're telling them it's a better idea if they place the towers slightly differently (at least, this is how I like to tell them if they don't spam the towers. In that case I'll just tell them they shouldn't spam towers.)

As for what they would think, I'm pretty sure they might not even notice if it's like, one of their first games. They might not know that there are 3x3 and 5x5 towers and what all the towers do, like for example mage towers.

I think that if we keep trying to approach the people that place a few towers wrong (not the ones that spam,) we are able to help them learn the game, in hopes that they'll read chat.

Reactions: Rawrbin
D

Deleted member 469419

Accidentally misclicked by one block
Well, one of the reasons can be this that you've said, it's very normal with the haste of receive a zombie attack you put a tower in bad position.
And the other reason would be the trollers.
Lot of people instead of well playing engaged to trolling

D

Deleted member 421664

Well, one of the reasons can be this that you've said, it's very normal with the haste of receive a zombie attack you put a tower in bad position.
And the other reason would be the trollers.
Lot of people instead of well playing engaged to trolling
o:

Lecura

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Pronouns
They/Them
Trolling yeah, but some people might be not experienced enough with the game, so they just place a tower wherever they think it fits.

Haunted

Apr 25, 2020
Well the thing is some players just COMPLETELY IGNORE chat when they're playing and I've seen zeus towers placed in 5x5 spots so I don't think saving spots is always the reason. Maybe the players are just chaotic and I am no expert in psychology so I don't know the root of the problem. OR they're just colorblind and don't see the checker pattern thinking that its just one big space to place whatever tower wherever.

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
A lot of players don’t know that you should places towers in the correct spots. It’s probably because their new to the game and after a few games they will probably get the hang of it.

Luukk

Nov 20, 2015
A tower in TowerDefence
I think a lot of people do not really know how to play the game and just start placing towers... Which is for the more experienced people really annoying. There should be a better explanation of the game for new/inexperienced players but I already suggested that.

TechnoAtomic

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2020
I do it to save spots for better towers. My team hates me in the start, but then I save them from oblivion later, lol.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I think that if we keep trying to approach the people that place a few towers wrong (not the ones that spam,) we are able to help them learn the game, in hopes that they'll read chat.

If you look at the Tower Defense forum you seriously see threads about this one big issue the game has everywhere. It's obvious the issue isn't going to resolve itself. feel like it simple needs an update, it can't be impossible to implement a system that makes it impossible to misplace towers. Hell, the game already detects when misplace a tower outside of the border.

I think a lot of people do not really know how to play the game and just start placing towers... Which is for the more experienced people really annoying. There should be a better explanation of the game for new/inexperienced players but I already suggested that.

Not sure if I'm mixing this up with something else, but I believe their even used to be a tutorial for the gamemode.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom