Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
Isn't it kinda concerning that whenever anyone asks about anticheat developement it is the same stock answer from staff that "We aren't allowed to talk about it", this seems really shady, there is a huge reason why staff are so hated by the whole community, we have wanted this anticheat for about 2 years now and still not even a hint of intel from anyone saying whether any progress has been made, can you stop being so unnecessarily secretive because the community is really starting to hate staff alot, this is specifically for higher-ups as I am guessing staff are not allowed to say anything in the fear of demotion, I love this server overall but hate how secretive you are from the community about the biggest issue on the server and has been for the past 2 years.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
People would put large amounts of pressure on the dev team which would be really unfair as there job is one of the hardest
There wouldn't be so much pressure if they were just clear as to what is going on, is it being worked on? Is there any progress, will there be a release anytime soon, but they can only answer with the same responses "We are not allowed to talk about it"

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think the devs don’t talk about it for this reason. If they talk about the code, programs and stuff like that they are adding to the anti-cheat, “professional” hackers might make their own program/client to avoid the anti-cheat (Sentinel) again. I don’t know anything about Development, so I don’t know if this is the main reason.

Also, it takes a long time, because the anti-cheat needs to be perfect and thats really hard. They I trying their best.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I assure you that it is being worked on. The developers that were hired aren’t just sitting around doing nothing, but it can take awhile to get things done due to the nature of that job.
As for being more transparent, that isn’t really possible. If we went around saying ‘sentinel is now banning for fly!’, then that would immediately let client developers know what bypasses they need to work on. As it stands, client developers have to first find out if sentinel has been updated, and then figure what types of cheats need bypasses now. So having everything secretive in that way helps keep sentinel ahead of client developers just a bit longer when updates happen.
Staff members also have rules we have to follow. We can’t just go around telling everyone staff-only information as that would be leaking.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
That makes alot of sense, honestly it has been such a problem, think I am just getting sick of coming across 50+ hackers every day (this number is not an exaggeration)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
That makes alot of sense, honestly it has been such a problem, think I am just getting sick of coming across 50+ hackers every day (this number is not an exaggeration)

On the bright side we have more bedrock staff then ever before and hopefully more in the future, along with regular community members like me who love doing reports. So Sentinel isn’t the only thing we should depend on. (:

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
On the bright side we have more bedrock staff then ever before and hopefully more in the future, along with regular community members like me who love doing reports. So Sentinel isn’t the only thing we should depend on. :)
Yes the amount of bedrock staff has gone up in the last 9 months from 0 to 4...thats a great increase

• Haha
Reactions: wxzzrd

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I know that there are certain things that should be kept secret but I do agree that they need to talk more about it. They could at least say “we are half way through with it” or say “it will be done by December 2020” because mods talk about what and when new games will come all the time.

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
I think the devs don’t talk about it for this reason. If they talk about the code, programs and stuff like that they are adding to the anti-cheat, “professional” hackers might make their own program/client to avoid the anti-cheat (Sentinel) again. I don’t know anything about Development, so I don’t know if this is the main reason.

Also, it takes a long time, because the anti-cheat needs to be perfect and thats really hard. They I trying their best.
Yea, that’s likely the main reason why

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020

They should at least say when they think it’s going to come out they don’t have to tell us all the code

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
They should at least say when they think it’s going to come out they don’t have to tell us all the code
If they tell us, than the people that code the hacks will know when the update is coming, and they’ll be able plan around that

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I know that there are certain things that should be kept secret but I do agree that they need to talk more about it. They could at least say “we are half way through with it” or say “it will be done by December 2020” because mods talk about what and when new games will come all the time.
Development of an Anti-cheat is on going, so the updates they push are constant. They can’t just tell you, all hackers will be gone on December 17th 2020, that’s just impossible. The progress they make is, checks being more accurate, to where they can ban without a staff member. It’d be smarter if they didn’t tell us when it can ban, so hackers are caught by surprise. Overall, they can’t release too much of the anti-cheat progress, because if cheaters think their hacks bypass Sentinel, and think Sentinel hasn’t changed, then they will be banned when Sentinel patches these bypasses unannounced.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Development of an Anti-cheat is on going, so the updates they push are constant. They can’t just tell you, all hackers will be gone on December 17th 2020, that’s just impossible. The progress they make is, checks being more accurate, to where they can ban without a staff member. It’d be smarter if they didn’t tell us when it can ban, so hackers are caught by surprise. Overall, they can’t release too much of the anti-cheat progress, because if cheaters think their hacks bypass Sentinel, and think Sentinel hasn’t changed, then they will be banned when Sentinel patches these bypasses unannounced.
That’s true

Reactions: Technosword
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
RAHHHHHHHHHH
JokeKaedee wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!! <33 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
Top Bottom